Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-18-2020, 10:28 PM
Golfer

Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,704 Posts

Advertise Here

It is probably like the flu 90% of people are impervious to it. Another 9% catch it even though they take vaccinations but they get through it. Many of the remainder die (eg 1917). The next year same thing but of course many fewer deaths because many of the most susceptible have already died. Repeat a year later with fewer deaths, etc. Eventually it will be just another variety of common cold.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2020, 10:30 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,534 Times in 6,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttster View Post
It is probably like the flu 90% of people are impervious to it. Another 9% catch it even though they take vaccinations but they get through it. Many of the remainder die (eg 1917). The next year same thing but of course many fewer deaths because many of the most susceptible have already died. Repeat a year later with fewer deaths, etc. Eventually it will be just another variety of common cold.
So...we are just going to accept a reduction in human lifespan?
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 10:35 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Back at full steam in 6 to 18 months.

There will be a couple of subtle changes - more people will telecommute, places of work will space employees further apart or have barriers to avoid airborne pathogens and there will be an emphasis on personal hygiene.

We’ll probably see seasonal measures to reduce outbreaks. More folks wearing masks and gloves during Flu and Chinese virus season.
This!

Someone here has a clue.
The Following User Says Thank You to DRH.1979 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 11:38 PM
Golfer

Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Quote:
It is probably like the flu 90% of people are impervious to it.
So...we are just going to accept a reduction in human lifespan?
I'm in the 90%.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:41 PM
Abnormality biased.

Quote:
I'm in the 90%.
And apparently don't know anybody or care about anybody...that would be nice, I guess.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 12:33 AM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 13,843 Times in 4,227 Posts

Quote:
We are living in the after right now, this is what it looks like.
This isnít the after. We are still in the midst of the crisis. Letís see what a year or three tells us.

As for the economy after the virus, itís hard to say. I think there will be a massive new poor class that didnít exist before. That is going to put strain on governments already in debt up to their eyeballs.

The crisis is still unfolding and there are new challenges created every day that nobody really knows how to manage. Throwing money at this isnít going to help in the long run.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:47 AM
Abnormality biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
This isnít the after. We are still in the midst of the crisis. Letís see what a year or three tells us.
What I was getting is that After means after it started, not after it ended....I don't think there will be an end. There is only BC, and AC and now we live in the AC period of history.

Just like 9/11. The after started that day and never ended. We never returned to normal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 02:47 AM
Hiker

Some things like travel may be effected. Perhaps needing your vaccination card / vaccination passport, for countries that are using or going to use them - from that vaccinations or demonstrable presence of antibodies may be mandatory for travel to some places that may be followed up with some chiptest that can be done on the spot, and or connected to a central travellers database with biometrics logged, dna, healthstatus etc..

Employers especially in critical sectors may want to see it also. You annual medical may include a testing of your antibody status.

Other than this, I think there will be rollouts.

The costs and effects to the healthcare system government, would either cause inflation or increased taxes.

Eradication would be a long road. Even vaccination is made very complex due to it being an RNA virus with thousands of mutations.

The thing is how this all is going to feed into IoT and 5G and AI HI CI managment of human populations including transmission and health -- that might make in some places social credit... and more so health credit.. not only for what you do but your risk factors and what areas you were and who you may have come into contact with... and restrictions on access unless you can show our mobility log. key.. that will all be tracked by IoT and 5G and AI systems.

Really nothign we havn't seen before, just going to need the mark of the beast to buy or sell... no major changes to the economy.. just a question of how much this wake up call will be an alarm or a snooze alert.

Obviously some countries may take more authoritarian approaches to this... I think people sort of think this will be a problem that will be solved, eradicated etc... I think that will be a difficult task and resurgence is more likely than eradication especially if this is simply put the status quo back in place and pretend like everything is ok again... they are going to need to patch the flaw... just a question of what approaches are taken.

We are on the long road to herd immunity that we hope carries over to many other strains. We can only hope a not incredibly bad strain becomes the norm.

People can do a lot to help themselves... try to reduce inflamation in their life, and live healthy lifestyles.

https://www.scripps.org/news_items/4...g-inflammation

Hey demand for VR may go up.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:31 AM
Patiently Waiting

Thanked 13,843 Times in 4,227 Posts

Quote:
What I was getting is that After means after it started, not after it ended....I don't think there will be an end. There is only BC, and AC and now we live in the AC period of history.

Just like 9/11. The after started that day and never ended. We never returned to normal.
I see what you mean. Itís still early days yet. Infection rates are still climbing, and lockdown measures are yet to be eased around most of the world.

Here in Australia theyíre telling us another four weeks minimum. Plus theyíre trying to get everyone to voluntarily download a tracking app that shows whoís phone interacts with who, in particular those that have been infected and recovered (or died) from CV19.

The Prime Minister is saying itís voluntary, but that if not enough Australians volunteer, they will look at making the tracking app compulsory.

So just that alone says to me that one thing that will come out of this are very strong laws regarding the government tracking your every move 24/7, and if youíre out and about without your phone or without the tracking app installed and turned on - FINES.

This virus has become the perfect excuse for mass surveillance of the population in real time with no option but to opt in or face the law.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jash For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:39 AM
Awesome

Thanked 25,847 Times in 8,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What they are doing to our dollar is what scares me. The deficit is out of control as it is and they keep printing more money. First they want to save small businesses and then they start talking about paying house payments, utility bills and giving everyone $2,000 per month. Some are already taking home more by staying at home than by working. What are they thinking?
All part of the plan. Normalizing people to things like UBI, softening them to things like universal heathcare, making people think that basic human and constitutional rights are a thing the government has the power to eliminate for "the common good." While the economy tanks and we become a police state. Welcome to the USSA.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justin22885 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:46 AM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 21,444 Times in 6,014 Posts

The only thing that is certain is what we know.

There is no immunity. (antibody duration is not known)
There are no working therapies. (still too early)
There is no vaccine. (way too early)

Because of what a we know, we likely have economic activity that is at best "fits & starts".... hampered by the need for communities/cities/regions/states to re-quarantine in effort to keep suppressing infection outbreaks....

Anything else beyond that is just speculation until there is some way to prevent infections
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 07:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,376 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash View Post
I see what you mean. Itís still early days yet. Infection rates are still climbing, and lockdown measures are yet to be eased around most of the world.

Here in Australia theyíre telling us another four weeks minimum. Plus theyíre trying to get everyone to voluntarily download a tracking app that shows whoís phone interacts with who, in particular those that have been infected and recovered (or died) from CV19.

The Prime Minister is saying itís voluntary, but that if not enough Australians volunteer, they will look at making the tracking app compulsory.

So just that alone says to me that one thing that will come out of this are very strong laws regarding the government tracking your every move 24/7, and if youíre out and about without your phone or without the tracking app installed and turned on - FINES.

This virus has become the perfect excuse for mass surveillance of the population in real time with no option but to opt in or face the law.
This subject came up the other day while at the folks for dinner. If this is implemented here, my phone stays home. If they want to force the issue, I will cancel my cell service. There is no law requiring you to have a phone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark68 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 07:24 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,109 Times in 663 Posts

I would be optimistic if
1:The dollar had not lost so much of it's value.
2:Our nation wasn't in such insurmountable debt.

What might save us is the fact that most nations are not doing as well as us. We're like the least sickest patient in the hospital.
And we still have vast resources such as oil, nat gas, coal etc. And we have land enough to feed ourselves and then some.
The Following User Says Thank You to Altarboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 07:40 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,439 Times in 7,725 Posts

I intend to be economical, yes.

Quote:
I'm in the 90%.
The second wave may mutate to the point it becomes a Zoomer Remover and kills mainly the young. If the 90% suddenly become the ones dying, will you expect sympathy?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 08:01 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,039 Posts

Heavily stunted.

Those that wanted to be scared by the bug will continue to be germophobes.

Small business owners will not trust government not to shut them down again in October during flu season and will refuse to reopen. I know many in that category.

Big businesses, which is my domain, are not planning expansion growth but with stunted economic forecasts will not be re-hiring. In fact, several big businesses I work with are looking at 25% cuts in their workforce. Several have taken measures already towards those cuts.

Banks are now looking at employers for mortgage loans to determine buyer viability for income. Also, buyer career fields are now a consideration.

All signs point to a heavily stunted economy due to a lack of trust.
The Following User Says Thank You to PatrioticAmerican For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 08:01 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,039 Posts

"The second wave may mutate..."

.. into anything. "IF" is for children.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:05 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark68 View Post
This subject came up the other day while at the folks for dinner. If this is implemented here, my phone stays home. If they want to force the issue, I will cancel my cell service. There is no law requiring you to have a phone.

Then they will do what China has done and make it mandatory that everyone has to have a Cell Phone. Nothing can be done in China with a Mobile Phone.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,925 Posts

I was talking to a guy who said as soon as the all clear is blown he and his wife were going out to dinner.

I said that a restaurant may not have food to open right away or even the ability to order fresh food, then I asked if he saw the farmers trashing their crops because of no markets?

Blank stare then hostility because he wants the ďoldĒ life back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petergunn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 08:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,364 Times in 1,961 Posts

An Ice Berg sunk the Titanic and the Deficit could sink America. We have been spending out of control for far too many years. I love our current leadership but also know we can't spend ourselves into prosperity like they are currently attempting to do. The current Stock Market rise is a lousy indicator because it is based on emotion rather than common sense. Time to pull back and regroup, let us all suffer through this together and we will come out stronger in the end. Quit printing and handing out money.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:38 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,376 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAde2 View Post
Then they will do what China has done and make it mandatory that everyone has to have a Cell Phone. Nothing can be done in China with a Mobile Phone.
I thought of that as well and I agree that if not now then in the next few years that and many other "global initiatives" (all for the common good of course) will come to fruition. Bill Gates is working overtime to be the next Soros.

As PatrioticAmreican said a few posts back. The cure will be far worse than the bug.
The Following User Says Thank You to mark68 For This Useful Post: