Notices

Advertise Here

Old 04-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,173 Times in 1,833 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFilthyPrepper View Post
I'm still working, and I haven't accomplished crap except for stocking up on medical supplies (mostly online in January) and topping up the preps by two massive store trips early on. The second week of January, I had three coworkers sick. I doubled disinfection protocols at work that same week (I was also following China). Also order a crap ton of PPE for the office. The next week, bam, I'm the one who is sick. Slight congestion, semi-productive cough and three days of fever. Fun fact, I am STILL sick. The cough morphed into a dry cough that hasn''t gone away. Fever went away until last week then returned for an entire week. I feel like a newborn kitten and haven't been able to do crap but drag my ass to work and couch surf when I'm home. I've lost weight because I can't stand to eat most of the time becasue I can't smell or taste anything. Also, intermittent nausea. I only weigh 106 on a good day and have lost 3 pounds. I so wish I had energy to so anything.
Your symptoms sound very suspiciously like the CCP virus, especially the part about not being able to smell anything, but it also sounds like a relatively mild case.

Since you're in LA and things are very bad there, you might not be able to get tested but if you could, that would mean being in a place exposed to a lot of people who are even more sick than you are. It also sounds as if you might be doing the right thing by trying to gut it out.

Best of luck with that. And, BTW, vitamin D from the sun is very helpful and is different from taking it in a pill. I'm currently taking about 80,000 I.U.'s per week and I'm not sick plus I get about 30 min of direct sun 3-4 times weekly. So far, so good.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Preparing

Thanked 11,786 Times in 7,566 Posts

Made and donated to hospital a half dozen surgical scrub caps. Hospital getting a lot of PPE needs met but, for some reason, can't get nurses scrub caps which are used throughout hospital, not just in surgery. Cloth caps are apparently better than nothing. I can do a couple per day.

Check with hospital first to see if they are needed.

Free patterns on line. The one at The Sewing Army website was too difficult for my modest sewing skills.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LindaLou For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Time waits for no one

Thanked 1,430 Times in 321 Posts

Built more shelves in the basement, otherwise working from home when I can, homeschooling the kids, cooking the meals, trying not to go insane....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apathetic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:06 PM

I am taking a class from "The Great Courses" on the Black Death; I subscribed to curiousitysteam.com and have been watching documentaries, most recently were two on castles; I am finishing up a very large diamond painting which is a map of the ancient world. Every night we watch a movie from our large collection of dvds (we take turns picking the movie). Then add reading, cooking, general household stuff back in there, and starting tomorrow, I go back to work on a part-time basis from home. Too bad really--I was having fun with all of the free time!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prudentwatcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,327 Posts

Don't really have downtime since I'm technically an essential worker (grocery industry but office level), but I have been keeping up my crochet skills when I have the chance. Also have been cooking everything from scratch since we really don't have much of a choice these days. Knowing that you can cook beans and rice different ways helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emh1701 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Jr. Member; Sr. Body

Thanked 3,730 Times in 575 Posts

Slowly reading "Resistance to Tyranny".

Building a couple of AR's, one from an 80% lower. Never done anything like that.

Contemplating the constitutionality of enforced quarantines.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old_code For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:48 PM
Rebel Against Tyrants

Thanked 21,855 Times in 7,197 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I have been back in school finishing up my prerequisites for my master program.

Boring but necessary, I have also been having virtual AR build parties for a few friends who have always wanted to put one together but never had.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 3,379 Times in 1,149 Posts

Working the garden, and expanding it; perfecting my sourdough baking techniques, the cheddar sourdough I made yesterday was a winner; reorganized the armory and did some weapon maintenance; studying for my General radio license; studying Gaelic with a phone app just for fun; rereading 1984 now; getting some vehicle maintenance done; and also some regular work around the property. I'm going to build a regulation axe throwing target in the next couple of weeks just for the heck of it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 05:57 PM
SoJer

Thanked 5,925 Times in 1,866 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFilthyPrepper View Post
...cough morphed into a dry cough that hasn''t gone away. Fever went away ....then returned for an entire week. ...can't stand to eat most of the time becasue I can't smell or taste anything....
Uh, you might wanna try and getcherself Tested for 'the Bug', there, M'Lady.. Those are all classic symptoms of 'walking pneumonia', at least, especially if this has been 'several weeks', now.. https://www.healthline.com/health/wa...a-vs-pneumonia

..And, even if your Doc, etc won't test for "C-19" just off your request, they can usually discern much from a chest CT, so.. Not an MD, but.. just my .02

Edit - PS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
...symptoms sound very suspiciously like the CCP virus...
Thank You for helping expose and reinforce the (very likely) Truth..

---

..We're uh.. 'Using the time wisely'...

..Couldn't upload a vid clip, so a boring stlll will have to suffice, but.. Funnn..

jd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AxeThrowin.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	301586  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,962 Times in 1,365 Posts

Trying to read all the books on kindle unlimited.

Going to start painting the new homestead house tomorrow and then move in by end of the week. Then starts the mile long list of things to do.

So being bored will no longer be a problem.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Scout Survivor For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 08:01 PM
The Black Death

I'm reading a lot, and ordering food online when income permits to flush out our supplies. I probably read 100 web articles a day on the coronavirus. I'm trying to stay on top of it.

I read a story, then tear it apart, and do research on the topics discussed. If the story is about supply lines and logistics, I Google search on just that, "COVID-19 logistics" and read up.

I scraped 100's of news stories for Jan/Feb/Mar, doing the work every day. In April I saw that it would be too cumbersome so I just bookmark the stories now. I've done research to find the first Tweets, the first web news, the first forum posts....I have quite a COVID-19 collection.

Last edited by ForumSurvivalist; 04-12-2020 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: added a word for clarity.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForumSurvivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 08:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,390 Times in 1,635 Posts

What free time? Still working. Really want to get at the yard work, garden, house needs spring cleaning(!!!!!), coops need cleaning, fence needs work, need more fence up, need to prune before buds break, and on and on. We are lucky to eat some nights, sigh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2020, 10:16 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,099 Times in 637 Posts

Gardening, cleaning the acequia, telesurfing during the week (I have to prove somehow I am on the office comp.) and given tha the other half is doing door dash, her knitting skills for my new scarf stopped...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to soocom1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpine1 View Post
Learning about stock options. Wish me luck.
Hey,

As an ex options trader be very, very careful. Other than futures there is nowhere in the market that you can lose your whole grubstake in a very short time.

Godspeed
Old 04-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,099 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalKane49p View Post
Hey,

As an ex options trader be very, very careful. Other than futures there is nowhere in the market that you can lose your whole grubstake in a very short time.

Godspeed
I actually bought about 250 worth of penny stock literally 5 days before this whole thing blew up..
Talk about bad timing, but hey, I'm holding steady with about $35 in loss so far.
Its penny stock so I at least get to see what I am doing.. ..
Old 04-13-2020, 11:42 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,215 Times in 13,608 Posts
Default SSDD

Not a whole lot has changed compared to last year at this time. My activities depend on the weather. I got my seed potatoes in the ground, the snow is all gone, the Daffodils are coming up, I went for a nice motorcycle ride the other day when the temp was in the 60s and I still go for walks and talk to the neighbors.

It's only in the 30s and windy today so outside spring clean-up is on hold. I've been doing a bit of baking, regular whole wheat bread, no-knead dutch oven bread, banana bread.

There's no need to confine yourself to the inside of the house if the weather is good. I saw a lot of walkers and cyclists last week when it was warm out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2020, 12:40 PM
VIP Member

I started by cleaning my garage. Then I gained access to my reloading equipment and components. You can guess what happened next.
The Following User Says Thank You to donswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2020, 01:10 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,883 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpals View Post
If you don't mind some more sharing, what can they do for broken ribs? I read somewhere that they don't do tight wraps anymore because it decreases the lung capacity.
They take x-rays to make sure that the lung didn't collapse, prescribe some pain meds, hand out a couple of sheets of paper that say "You're gonna hurt for a few weeks" and that's about it. They also give out an inspirometer to make sure you keep your lungs working well...don't want to get a pneumonia from breaking a rib.

I sneezed this morning and that I was going to die....VERY painful experience...almost as bad as the initial fall. So, for those of you staying at home and trying to stay healthy, be careful!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oneeyeross For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2020, 01:30 PM
Prepared

Quote:
If you don't mind some more sharing, what can they do for broken ribs? I read somewhere that they don't do tight wraps anymore because it decreases the lung capacity.
Mostly all they can do is make sure that you are not bleeding into your chest cavity which can collapse your lungs and has resulted in fatality's.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:57 PM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 13,105 Times in 3,039 Posts

Quote:
Curious what others are filling their time with besides normal springtime activities.

I've never been big on tv so netflix doesn't hold my attention long, but Youtube has provided some entertainment watching fine art restorations and helping me with new crochet projects.

Besides trying some new recipes, I've browsed the world via satellite and dipped into interesting bits of history. A list of heads of state assassinations through the ages was fascinating and did you know Boris wasn't the first British PM to catch a global pandemic?
What is downtime? I am busier than a 1 legged ass kicker.
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post: