How to Survive a Knife Attack to the Back - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to survive a bear attack. ShellbackBill Jokes, Humor & Music 9 06-05-2017 04:56 AM
Survive Terrorist attack in Gun Free country? TXyakr Manmade and Natural Disasters 23 04-09-2015 09:33 AM
How to survive a knife attack Survivalist-Kane Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 33 02-24-2015 05:05 AM
How to Survive a Nuclear Attack on CBS News HuskerBill Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 28 10-30-2011 02:46 PM
Voted Most Likely to Survive an EMP Attack TMcArthur Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 06-10-2011 02:15 PM
Survive a nuke attack? Gem of a Jenn Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 8 12-26-2010 10:55 AM
How To Survive A Pandemic or Chemical Attack Gunner65 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 12-05-2009 12:49 PM
The best way to survive a chemical or biological attack. GunGourd Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 11 05-14-2009 01:57 PM
How To Survive A Nuclear Attack Newsfeed General Discussion 9 02-20-2009 02:17 AM
Can you survive a Nuclear Attack? Fred8328 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 01-27-2009 09:47 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Hilda Hilda is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 679
Thanks: 1,842
Thanked 641 Times in 311 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

This makes me want to start workin' on a chainmail vest...
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hilda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
d3athp3nguin's Avatar
d3athp3nguin d3athp3nguin is offline
AAAH GET TO ZE CHOPPA!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,554
Thanks: 177
Thanked 1,405 Times in 730 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2009 View Post
I think the more important message is to be situationally aware so that someone with a knife does not get the drop on you IMO.
+1000! Situational awareness will solve half of your self-defense issues.

Thanks for the vid post; the advantage that you have being the one threatened, is that if you are initially compliant you can catch your assailant off-guard and get inside their OODA loop.

One big reservation I have about these scripted moves... they often rely on going specifically on the inside or outside of the attacker's instep, and you will be hard-pressed to figure out what hand they are using when under pressure. This is why if I hear someone walking up behind me, I will automatically start moving to distance myself while turning to see who it is. If I see that it is a threat, I will have that much more info and space to work with. If I really screwed up and a guy is doing the stereotypical poke-threat, then I would toss my wallet to the side and then sprint.

If an experienced guy gets the jump on you from behind with a knife and wants to kill you, then you have already messed up and will probably pay with your life.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d3athp3nguin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 02:07 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 4,321
Thanked 3,237 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbern View Post
Don't forget to take off your shirt.



Wrapping a jacket or shirt around your 'weak' arm gives you some protection when attempting to deflect blows...if you plan on staying there and fighting. Of course you always hope that the attacker is not keen enough to keep his/her knife razor sharp, making it a much more effective technique.
Are you fuggin nuts?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Nightside_Eclipse's Avatar
Nightside_Eclipse Nightside_Eclipse is offline
Take me out to the black
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 3,030
Thanks: 1,542
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,290 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaS View Post
This is why we carry guns to a knife fight.
(And that photo was disturbing)


'nuf said.
Amen brotha!

Although at ranges of 3' or so the knife is the far greater threat than the gun on a hit for hit basis.

So shoot 'em to the ground!
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
hawkbern's Avatar
hawkbern hawkbern is offline
Ringin Your Gong From 600
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7,682
Thanks: 22,326
Thanked 11,422 Times in 4,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
Are you fuggin nuts?
Nope. Would you care to explain why you think I may be 'fuggin nuts'? I just don't understand your point, if you have one.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 10:38 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 4,321
Thanked 3,237 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbern View Post
Nope. Would you care to explain why you think I may be 'fuggin nuts'? I just don't understand your point, if you have one.
Why would anyone be so dumb as to remove their shirt in a knife fight....

The second I see you start to pull your shirt I'm gonna stick you because your hands and arms are pinned and occupied.

The only place I've ever seen this is in the movies...Jackie Chan comes to mind.

I assume you know what the 21' rule is. If a LEO cannot bring his firearm to bear without getting stabbed from a perp closing that distance....

What makes you think that tearing off your jacket or shirt and wrapping it around your forearm is a great idea to defend yourself from a knife attack?

All you are doing is giving your adversary an attack of opportunity.

What do you do if hand is caught in the sleeve?

I won't address the fact that if you are wearing a shirt (with no buttons or zippers), you momentarily blind yourself from your attacker.

I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
hawkbern's Avatar
hawkbern hawkbern is offline
Ringin Your Gong From 600
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7,682
Thanks: 22,326
Thanked 11,422 Times in 4,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
Why would anyone be so dumb as to remove their shirt in a knife fight....

The second I see you start to pull your shirt I'm gonna stick you because your hands and arms are pinned and occupied.

The only place I've ever seen this is in the movies...Jackie Chan comes to mind.

I assume you know what the 21' rule is. If a LEO cannot bring his firearm to bear without getting stabbed from a perp closing that distance....

What makes you think that tearing off your jacket or shirt and wrapping it around your forearm is a great idea to defend yourself from a knife attack?

All you are doing is giving your adversary an attack of opportunity.

What do you do if hand is caught in the sleeve?

I won't address the fact that if you are wearing a shirt (with no buttons or zippers), you momentarily blind yourself from your attacker.

I think it's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Ah where to begin...

The first line of the post was an attempt at humor while attempting to grab attention. It's all about marketing on these threads I tell ya! I am, however, glad that it is the stupidist thing you have ever heard. You obviously have never attended a fundraiser for Democrats.

Back to the point...against an unskilled, knife-weilding attacker, I would definitly cover my arm if it was possible to do. I have trained in combating attackers with knives and you are at a severe disadvantage. If you are forced to stay and fight, blocking an attack with a naked arm isn't the best thing to do if you can help it, but unless you have the reflexes and quickness of, who was that you watch...oh yeah, 'Jackie Chan', you will not be able to avoid contact. Blocking with a protected arm is about the best you are gonna do.

Now I've never in my life watched Jackie Chan, so taking off his shirt may be his signature move. I actually learned about covering the arm in martial arts training. It can work.

Now pardon me please, I have to go practice my back-flips (Enter the Dragon) and Drunken Monkey (Bloodsport).
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM
SurvivalDude93 SurvivalDude93 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 286
Thanks: 71
Thanked 104 Times in 64 Posts
Default

if that happens i will spin counter clockwise as fast as i can with my left hand out to hopefully deflect the knife away and with the right pop him one in the neck,

and if i am successful with that i will beat him till hes half dead, then i will walk away and let him die.




and wow that picture was disturbing,
i think he will need quite a few stitches
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 11:43 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 4,321
Thanked 3,237 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbern View Post
Ah where to begin...

The first line of the post was an attempt at humor while attempting to grab attention. It's all about marketing on these threads I tell ya! I am, however, glad that it is the stupidist thing you have ever heard. You obviously have never attended a fundraiser for Democrats.

Back to the point...against an unskilled, knife-weilding attacker, I would definitly cover my arm if it was possible to do. I have trained in combating attackers with knives and you are at a severe disadvantage. If you are forced to stay and fight, blocking an attack with a naked arm isn't the best thing to do if you can help it, but unless you have the reflexes and quickness of, who was that you watch...oh yeah, 'Jackie Chan', you will not be able to avoid contact. Blocking with a protected arm is about the best you are gonna do.

Now I've never in my life watched Jackie Chan, so taking off his shirt may be his signature move. I actually learned about covering the arm in martial arts training. It can work.

Now pardon me please, I have to go practice my back-flips (Enter the Dragon) and Drunken Monkey (Bloodsport).
I'm sorry but I have to call B.S. on this...

There is no way in hell you can reference these movies and not know who Jackie Chan is.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
hawkbern's Avatar
hawkbern hawkbern is offline
Ringin Your Gong From 600
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 7,682
Thanks: 22,326
Thanked 11,422 Times in 4,431 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
I'm sorry but I have to call B.S. on this...

There is no way in hell you can reference these movies and not know who Jackie Chan is.
Lol. I did watch Bruce Lee and Jean Claude back in the day...

I think Jackie Chan came along after my interest in that type of movie subsided. I actually prefer movies like Titanic to action/adventure. I'm now a lover, not a fighter.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,859
Thanks: 4,321
Thanked 3,237 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbern View Post
Lol. I did watch Bruce Lee and Jean Claude back in the day...

I think Jackie Chan came along after my interest in that type of movie subsided. I actually prefer movies like Titanic to action/adventure. I'm now a lover, not a fighter.
I have nothing more to add to this.....
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2020, 02:04 AM
ducts ducts is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Default

HAHAHA @sojurn87
Makes so much sense
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net