A new york police officer was caught on camera apparently planting marijuana in a car - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 03-22-2020, 04:27 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,651 Times in 2,862 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprogramming services View Post
I didn't ask; like I said, I didn't read it.

This is a straw man argument, assuming it is said in reference to my comment that you put in the same post. I made it a point to say that in my opinion most cops are good, but out of any large body you will find a few bad ones.

I gave an opinion I had heard from someone who had been intimately involved with the law enforcement community, and made very clear that it was opinion. What I didn't mention was that she was very pro-law enforcement, and worked as a dispatcher at the time she told me that.

Even if her theory is correct, it does not "paint with the broad brush of "All cops are bad"" as you claim. Her point was that the community commits crime at a higher rate than the general population, not that all cops are bad. The crime rate in the general population is low, so even if her theory is correct, it still does not mean that all cops are bad, or even most cops are bad.
HAD NOTHING to do with your specific post.

We all know there are people out there and even on this board that seem to have an extremely low opinion of police even though they obviously do not know all of them but they lump them all together.

They will gladly paint all cops as bad or whatever colorful adjective they want to use to express their opinion..
yet like most gunowners will scream their heads off at being caught in a sweeping generality that adds them to a position of being a less than desirable human in society.

I am always amazed at the people who hate cops but have no qualms about asking them to maybe die protecting them if something bad is happening. In ghetto world we got it all the time. People throwing rocks at you one day asking you to save them the next.

Just throwing it out there.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:56 PM
Hiker

next door neighbour is a bank officer. Her experience was they don't like writing loans for police. If anything goes sideways"non payment/default etc..... the bank would just write it off, and hang her with the bad debt(statitistics) affecting her bonuses
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teenahlake For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 04:59 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,935 Times in 10,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ_Grappler View Post
Proof or it didn't happen.
Funny you say that, because you’re in a position, like the cop in the story, to produce “proof” whenever you see fit.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:03 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post

We all know there are people out there and even on this board that seem to have an extremely low opinion of police even though they obviously do not know all of them but they lump them all together.

They will gladly paint all cops as bad or whatever colorful adjective they want to use to express their opinion..
yet like most gunowners will scream their heads off at being caught in a sweeping generality that adds them to a position of being a less than desirable human in society.

I am always amazed at the people who hate cops but have no qualms about asking them to maybe die protecting them if something bad is happening. In ghetto world we got it all the time. People throwing rocks at you one day asking you to save them the next.

There is no logical difference between lumping them all together as “bad” or as “good”.

We don’t trust congress. We don’t trust backroom political officials. We don’t trust government agents.

But we blindly trust police? They’re no different. They’re government agents who are not out there with your best interests in mind. They’re out there, walking around above the laws you and I are forced to follow, looking for people they can arrest or cite, in exchange for a paycheck. Nothing more and nothing less. This particular cop in the story just went above and beyond for the duty.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:09 PM
Ultranationalist

“Here’s a little bit of weed.” *Fist bump*

“We thoroughly investigated ourselves and found that we committed no wrongdoing.”

Good apples.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:11 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalOfTheFit View Post
LOL I forget that marijuana possession is still considered a crime in some places... if this happened where I live those boys would of thanked the cops for the buds and laughed all the way home.
But you live “behind enemy lines”?
Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 22,796 Times in 6,258 Posts

Quote:

I do not hate cops and see many of them as a benefit to society. I have personally had some bad interactions with several including one sleeping with my ex wife and then arresting me so he could move in and another threatening to put my brother that just passed away in prison for the rest of his life if my mother and me did not drop the talk about my other brother being murdered 22 years ago. I also have had several officers that were personal friends, some were friends from school growing up and others I made friends with after my arrest. One even saved my ass one time because an underage girl told me if I did not have sex with her she was going to call and report that I raped her, while he was drinking a beer on my couch (she did not know he was a deputy) When I introduced her to him and told her who he worked for I never saw or heard from her again. So yes there are good ones and there are bad ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,434 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
I do not hate cops and see many of them as a benefit to society. I have personally had some bad interactions with several including one sleeping with my ex wife and then arresting me so he could move in and another threatening to put my brother that just passed away in prison for the rest of his life if my mother and me did not drop the talk about my other brother being murdered 22 years ago. I also have had several officers that were personal friends, some were friends from school growing up and others I made friends with after my arrest. One even saved my ass one time because an underage girl told me if I did not have sex with her she was going to call and report that I raped her, while he was drinking a beer on my couch (she did not know he was a deputy) When I introduced her to him and told her who he worked for I never saw or heard from her again. So yes there are good ones and there are bad ones.

Question, What was an underage girl doing in your place while adult men were drinking beer and what was happening before hand that led up to her making the threat where she felt she could make the threat or even solicit an adult male for sex, I am just trying to imagine the situation in where an underage girl would make that statement in front of a total stranger.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,360 Times in 1,960 Posts

We better get a few more facts before we nail this guy to the cross. We can't look at past behavior or experiences to classify this guy because he is also innocent until proven guilty unless Pelosi and Schiff are judge and jury. Over the years I have had to learn numerous times that there are always two sides to every story.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:14 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 22,796 Times in 6,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman69 View Post
Question, What was an underage girl doing in your place while adult men were drinking beer and what was happening before hand that led up to her making the threat where she felt she could make the threat or even solicit an adult male for sex, I am just trying to imagine the situation in where an underage girl would make that statement in front of a total stranger.
My ex wife went across the street to her mothers house and left the front door open and this girl just walked in. She had been making hints for months and I told her to leave me alone. The girls mother finally got arrested for prostituting the girl out about 6 months after this incident.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:01 PM
Prepared

I got pulled over in my younger days with a friend who was smoking a joint the size of a large cigar. The guy was so high that he'd left the joint in the ash tray. The cop locked us both in the back seat of his car, searched my car, and we thought we were both going to spend some time in jail. Instead, he told us we were free to go, and when we got back in my car, he'd stolen the whopper joint. Talk about a buzz kill.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clingmansdome For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:02 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
Dodgy cop planting evidence at least twice! The thought of law enforcement officers in any democracy acting as foot soldier’s for a robber baron repulses me.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/18/...ras-marijuana/
Bet the pot was ditch weed.
The Following User Says Thank You to clingmansdome For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,172 Times in 8,774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
We better get a few more facts before we nail this guy to the cross. We can't look at past behavior or experiences to classify this guy because he is also innocent until proven guilty unless Pelosi and Schiff are judge and jury. Over the years I have had to learn numerous times that there are always two sides to every story.
You're also the guy would would willing give away all his rights to privacy by forcing everyone to submit DNA to a national database.

You've no credibility at least with me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 01:59 PM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 9,092 Times in 1,809 Posts

Quote:
I don't know why you quoted my specific post when you said it then. But it doesn't matter; I'd say we are generally in agreement.

[Deleted paragraph because it might be falsely construed as hijacking the thread.]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deprogramming services For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 09:52 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 202,845 Times in 40,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
Dodgy cop planting evidence at least twice! The thought of law enforcement officers in any democracy acting as foot soldier’s for a robber baron repulses me.

https://theintercept.com/2020/03/18/...ras-marijuana/
What a ****ing scumbag. That ******* should go to prison for that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 10:06 AM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 38,547 Times in 9,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ_Grappler View Post
Proof or it didn't happen.
The officers own body cam provided the “proof”.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 12:13 PM
Socially Distant

Thanked 14,674 Times in 2,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
But you live “behind enemy lines”?
Yes sir, I'm putting up the good fight in Sunny Southern California... I refuse to cut and run.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,654 Posts

omg....you're kidding....lol

cops are just people...some good, some evil, most are....meh
The Following User Says Thank You to CaffeineBuzz For This Useful Post: