Children Dressing Up For Thanksgiving Is Racist Now? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 11-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 35,727 Times in 10,146 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
I'm sorry txplowgirl but that was kind of funny, thanks for the laugh sea
Lol, that's ok Ghost, I have to admit when I read that I laughed myself.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoplite59 View Post
Why would you be trounced for stating the truth ? We live in insane times where truth and open discussion are frowned upon. Since this site was sold there has been a discernible shift in what is "acceptable" to post and discuss. Hope a Soros linked group didnt buy this site in order to censor and purposely run it into the ground.
Because I see it all the time, somebody asks a simple question and next thing ya know somebody makes a big deal out of it and eventually somebody starts calling other people names.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:46 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFall View Post
I'm not sure why you care that it bothers someone.

If it's an employer telling you how to dress, sure, that matters.

If it's the school telling you how your children can dress at school, sure, that matters.

If it's just some Yahoo on Yahoo or a triggered unrelated passerby with no authority over you, why even consider their feelings?
Hun, did you not read what I wrote? I was talking about letting the kids have their fun at that young of an age and for the adults not to get all upset over the real crap of today. The kids should be able to keep their innocence and the adults need to shut up and not spoil it over things at that age for those who are too young to understand because some adult dosen't like it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,434 Times in 1,331 Posts

As a card carrying, voting member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Doesn't bother me one little bit.
I would help with their costumes.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rifleman69 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 04:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,419 Times in 1,648 Posts

I am rusty on my history but, in this region there were the Five Tribe Nations. They built long houses and stayed thru the sometimes horrible winters.

The diversity in the tribes across the country is fascinating history. The tribes ranged from peaceful to horribly violent warriors. That is not taught in school.

Heck as to offending people, I was reading reviews of Laura Ingalls Wilder's books and someone was offended about her recollection of "Injuns" busting into the house. How she was racist. Goodness the woman lived it!!!

Schools are off the charts cowtoeing to parents that really need to be told to go shut up!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,328 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman69 View Post
As a card carrying, voting member of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, Doesn't bother me one little bit.
I would help with their costumes.
(this is supposed to be a compliment, hope it comes across that way)

And that is what makes Americans great. We respect each other, we laugh with each other. We have pride for one another. And we recognize that we here today had no control over our ancestors (or in the case of people like me whose ancestors arrived much later) or our forefathers.

Thank you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 63,571 Times in 21,290 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Being born white is "racist." I don't give two hoots what the lefty-loons think about how white people dress. I going to go put some "black face" on just to p+++ them off.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,094 Times in 4,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Being born white is "racist." I don't give two hoots what the lefty-loons think about how white people dress. I going to go put some "black face" on just to p+++ them off.
Hey it was good enough for the Governor of VA !!! Nothing came out of the fact he did it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Cross-eyed Target Shooter

Thanked 3,932 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmyguy View Post
Im sure if your kids dress up as a turkey it would offend someone now days. Lefties are just plain retarded .Opps cant say that word,its hateful .
Refer to my post in the "holidays" thread about the Dem-Socs (liberal/progressives) (you know...those "tolerant" people) and how they have through political correctness and indoctrination declared our holidays pretty much irrelevant.

Sad. Very very sad.

We are entering a new Dark Ages.

History repeats itself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ingyow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Crazy

Thanked 10,558 Times in 3,427 Posts

When my grandma offered me the cabin on the reservation I turned it down. Why? I hated everything about the reservation and it wasn’t because the location in the mountains. She turned in the lease.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John_Auberry For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 10:51 PM
Prepared

As far as the Children and a few of us Semi Adult children go...

I believe that emulating a culture respecfully is a sign of admiration not ridicule. It should be seen as flattery by the culture being "copied" because they are being seen as interesting and beautiful by the person trying to get their "look". Said person may miss the mark, not get it right or be as attractive as whomever might wish but please accept the effort!

I got a bunch of super cute, comfortable tops with the traditional high collar in China. They have a button in the front so I can put makeup on and not get it all over the collar, wear my glasses and still get them over my head! Totally great tops! Now, I have to be afraid to wear them because of cultural misappropriation... Ugh. Stupid. I think everyone who wears glasses or makeup should have tops as well made as these!
The Following User Says Thank You to Freja For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2019, 11:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,652 Times in 2,145 Posts

This **** is hilarious.

I'm NA, born on the west coast, my parents were born here, their parents were born here.

I didn't think I needed to dress up for this, this is bull****.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MOA1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 01:28 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 22,837 Times in 6,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freja View Post
As far as the Children and a few of us Semi Adult children go...

I believe that emulating a culture respecfully is a sign of admiration not ridicule. It should be seen as flattery by the culture being "copied" because they are being seen as interesting and beautiful by the person trying to get their "look". Said person may miss the mark, not get it right or be as attractive as whomever might wish but please accept the effort!

I got a bunch of super cute, comfortable tops with the traditional high collar in China. They have a button in the front so I can put makeup on and not get it all over the collar, wear my glasses and still get them over my head! Totally great tops! Now, I have to be afraid to wear them because of cultural misappropriation... Ugh. Stupid. I think everyone who wears glasses or makeup should have tops as well made as these!
I agree. Although I do not dress as Native American, I do decorate my house in a Native American theme. I have a dream catcher, a chief's war bonnet. I made some authentic Arrows and bows, I have an Abalone shell with a White sage bundle for cleansing (although I will never light it up, I just use it for decoration) and I have various paintings of wildlife. I like Native American art and always have. I think it is an honor that I can display these things for others to see.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,723 Times in 2,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
I agree. Although I do not dress as Native American, I do decorate my house in a Native American theme. I have a dream catcher, a chief's war bonnet. I made some authentic Arrows and bows, I have an Abalone shell with a White sage bundle for cleansing (although I will never light it up, I just use it for decoration) and I have various paintings of wildlife. I like Native American art and always have. I think it is an honor that I can display these things for others to see.
Sorry bro, your house is racist!
The Following User Says Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 07:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,723 Times in 2,885 Posts

Besides, if someone gets offended (most of the time it's not the targeted "class" either, it's usually white liberals) then that must mean that the white liberals think there is something wrong about the "class" they are getting offended FOR. So, if someone dresses up as a black person or an Indian, or whatever, and a white liberal gets upset at the nerve and insensitivity of it, that means that white liberal thinks the class is weak, lesser than they, can't make it on their own, less brains, etc...They almost look at them as "pets? WTF. I would be proud if someone dressed up as me. If you have confidence in yourself, and know that you are born they way you are with zero control, with all your characteristics...why would you EVER be upset at someone dressing up as you? MAKES ZERO SENSE!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,596 Times in 9,861 Posts

I didn't even know dressing up for Thanksgiving was a thing.

School focused on it more when I lived on the East Coast, what was likely eaten, etc. West coast it was who GAF and no real mention other than what you ate.

Here in Texas I have never seen kids dressed up for Thanksgiving.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,094 Times in 4,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
Besides, if someone gets offended (most of the time it's not the targeted "class" either, it's usually white liberals) then that must mean that the white liberals think there is something wrong about the "class" they are getting offended FOR. So, if someone dresses up as a black person or an Indian, or whatever, and a white liberal gets upset at the nerve and insensitivity of it, that means that white liberal thinks the class is weak, lesser than they, can't make it on their own, less brains, etc...They almost look at them as "pets? WTF. I would be proud if someone dressed up as me. If you have confidence in yourself, and know that you are born they way you are with zero control, with all your characteristics...why would you EVER be upset at someone dressing up as you? MAKES ZERO SENSE!

Bingo, you've just encapsulated the modern White Maoist mind set. I think the aggrieved classes they "Protect" are getting tired of the assumptive rascism the idiot white liberals espouse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:25 AM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,596 Times in 9,861 Posts

They absolutely see "protected" races as a bunch of weak losers.

It's the whole plantation mindset, you are too stupid to make it on your own so we will take care of you. It's actually very insulting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:32 AM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 7,550 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmyguy View Post
Im sure if your kids dress up as a turkey it would offend someone now days. Lefties are just plain retarded .Opps cant say that word,its hateful .
Dressing as a turkey would probably tee-off the animal rights and vegan crowd.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zooeyhll For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2019, 10:35 AM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 7,550 Times in 1,650 Posts
Default Doc Severinsen tells Johnny Carson why he HATES Thanksgiving!

Johnny and Doc discuss Thanksgiving---and why Doc hates it.

Also why Johnny Carson hates turkeys! (And Doc's solution).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zooeyhll For This Useful Post: