Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tulsa Army surplus stores ShellbackBill Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 07-24-2015 04:53 PM
Chinese Military Surplus 7.62x39 10 Pocket Chest Pouch - $22.95 shipped apps47inc For Sale 0 10-20-2014 08:57 AM
MEMORIAL DAY SALE Chinese Type 56 SKS 7.62x39 Rifle (SURPLUS/USED) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-20-2014 02:42 PM
Army Surplus Danimal94 Reviews and questions 28 06-02-2013 09:07 AM
Going to army surplus tomorrow...... roon Urban Survival 22 02-10-2010 10:25 AM
Army surplus BOBtheBUTCHER Reviews and questions 18 08-29-2009 11:37 PM
Army Surplus and Survival Gear bbayliss Reviews and questions 4 03-19-2009 05:56 PM
army surplus stores? jmw55018 Reviews and questions 5 01-26-2009 07:48 PM
Army Surplus Backpack macmonkey Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 10 05-16-2008 01:45 AM

Old 03-21-2014, 06:11 AM
I Don't Use Fop

Default Chi-Com .177 chinese army surplus'

Advertise Here

I got it from i think one of these discount joints out of No. Il, southern Wiscionsin; about $2o. One of these one pump jobs.. It's a hard hitting son of a bitch. It's not real accurate but i have dropped a few squirrells with it. My best shot i got a crow from about 100 ft right below the eye, the sob flew around about 4-5 minutes in a circle and finally came to earth. Yesterday , my neighbors,s dog was carrying on, a hound, barking away, very annoing; . shot him from about 150 ft.. Heard the pellet hit his hide, fwop!!He ran around back of the barn. I like this Chinese pump pellet gun, has a hooded front sight... frank b.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 06:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,333 Times in 5,279 Posts

You got a pic of what this thing looks like?

Maybe a link?
Old 03-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 9,295 Times in 3,595 Posts

I had one that I bought from a travelling tool sale. Barrel was so bent you couldn't screw the sight over far enough to get it on paper. I gave it to my brother-in-law. He can't shoot anyway.

Al
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chinese air rifle.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	84584  

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

Always looking for .458 SOCOM brass, Bayonets and Surplus gun parts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Al Diehl For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,245 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolona View Post
I got it from i think one of these discount joints out of No. Il, southern Wiscionsin; about $2o. One of these one pump jobs.. It's a hard hitting son of a bitch. It's not real accurate but i have dropped a few squirrells with it. My best shot i got a crow from about 100 ft right below the eye, the sob flew around about 4-5 minutes in a circle and finally came to earth. Yesterday , my neighbors,s dog was carrying on, a hound, barking away, very annoing; . shot him from about 150 ft.. Heard the pellet hit his hide, fwop!!He ran around back of the barn. I like this Chinese pump pellet gun, has a hooded front sight... frank b.
.177 cal. pellets can easily stick in a dog. Not cool at all.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Zomby Woof

Thanked 40,067 Times in 10,727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFirepower View Post
Someone should tell his mom.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SkullyWV For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 PM
I Don't Use Fop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Diehl View Post
I had one that I bought from a travelling tool sale. Barrel was so bent you couldn't screw the sight over far enough to get it on paper. I gave it to my brother-in-law. He can't shoot anyway.

Al
Mine's just like that one in the picture only doesn't have the tube under the barrel. Very rugged pellet gun. They imported a couple hundred K of these in the early eighties. There's a lot of them around cheap; i don't like chi-com stuff but they they did produce a good gun here. Credit where credit is due; i've had mine for twenty five yrs. still works great... And for the ***** boys, it will not actually hurt a dog from say 200 ft. but he will remember it...
Old 03-21-2014, 06:54 PM
MakeOrwell Fiction Again

Thanked 10,067 Times in 4,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFirepower View Post

Careful! You could put an eye out with that thing!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,683 Times in 565 Posts

Instead of shooting the dog (it doesn't know better) deal with it's owner.

BTW: I've used one of those Chi-Com pellet guns, they pack a hard punch, try it on yourself sometime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey Jubal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2014, 10:11 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 27,402 Times in 9,752 Posts

I bought one just like Al's for $20. Front sight was bent. My sister named it the pigeon getter. 160' (laser ranger finder verified later) off the top of street light, offhand - DRT.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:37 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,031 Times in 523 Posts

We get the Chinese B2 air rifle, mostly in .177, occassionally in .22. They are officially rated at 800fps and can be had for under NZ$100 new. Sometimes at boat or camping expos they can be had for half of that. Hard to argue with. I've looked a few over and I'd say you get exactly what you pay for, but still........ Sooner or later I'm going to pick one up and see if it can be cheaply made over. Step one will be a complete tear down to rid it of every particle of that pasty white concrete-like grease commies insist on using. Steps 2 and 3 a light re-hone of the compression chamber and replace the piston and breech seals. Sand and re-oil the wood work and call it good. And it still wont be as good as my Gamo Black Shadow but it'll be a cheap shooter for doing.....things.....with.

Where they do win, IMHO, is as a 1st shooter for young'uns to learn the craft and responsibilites while being powerful enough to bring home eatin' critters.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 PM
kidding-I can breathe

Thumbs down

Quote:
Mine's just like that one in the picture only doesn't have the tube under the barrel. Very rugged pellet gun. They imported a couple hundred K of these in the early eighties. There's a lot of them around cheap; i don't like chi-com stuff but they they did produce a good gun here. Credit where credit is due; i've had mine for twenty five yrs. still works great... And for the ***** boys, it will not actually hurt a dog from say 200 ft. but he will remember it...
Really enjoy animal cruelty don't you?

Can't wait to hear you shot noisy kids in thier side.
It will not actually hurt them from say 200 ft. but they will remember it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyclark For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote:
And you wonder why some people want more strict gun laws. There you have it folks. Guys like this shooting their neighbors pets.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Chicken herder

Have someone shoot you with it at 150' and get back to us on how that feels.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 AM
I Don't Use Fop

Quote:

Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
And you wonder why some people want more strict gun laws. There you have it folks. Guys like this shooting their neighbors pets.
You know, there is a ladies only forum. The pussification is getting deep here. If the s. ever hit's the fan you'll be shooting dogs like this to eat... And if i was yapping out in my back yard everlastingly i would expect somebody to shoot me with a pellet gun...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tolona For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
You know, there is a ladies only forum. The pussification is getting deep here. If the s. ever hit's the fan you'll be shooting dogs like this to eat... And if i was yapping out in my back yard everlastingly i would expect somebody to shoot me with a pellet gun...
No but Jeffery Daumers was mean to animals. You should never shoot an animal unless you plan to eat it. You are a cruel person in my book. No I am not a ***** just hate to see someones dog maimed needlessly as dog could die from what you did, a slow painful one how cruel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webeable For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2014, 07:03 AM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,283 Times in 4,347 Posts

Quote:
I'd shoot you with an SKS .
Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM

What the hell...dude talked about shooting a dog with a pellet and you threaten to shoot him with a (not AN... dipsh!t) SKS?
The Following User Says Thank You to davimi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 9,295 Times in 3,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Diehl

Al

Quote:
And, why was I quoted in this?

AL

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

Always looking for .458 SOCOM brass, Bayonets and Surplus gun parts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Al Diehl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Hiker

Quote:
And, why was I quoted in this?

AL
Maybe he thinks he can shoot, unlike your brother-in-law.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shifty1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2014, 01:20 PM

I bought a refurbished Daisy 880 from midwayusa.com (I think they're still running the special for anyone who's interested), which shoots .177 pellets and BBs. It came to about $40 with shipping. It's not the most powerful airgun, but doesn't require any CO2. Just pump it and go. It even came with a scope.

With pellets costing less than 1 penny a piece (and BBs even cheaper than that) it makes it a great small game survival gun. A great way for kids to learn to shoot too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mola For This Useful Post: