Survivalist Forum banner

BOL Assessment: Eastern Shore

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  luckyfasteddie 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all,

So I live just north of the line on Maryland's Eastern Shore... What do you all think of these 2 counties for WTSHTF?

Northampton: 12k people, Accomack, 33k people. ~60 people per sq mile for both.

Does the C. Bay Bridge Tunnel provide enough isolation from the mainland to be safe? I think they would be easy choke points to defend, I'm just concerned about interior strife.

#2 ·
I just hunted over there yesterday in accomack county. I think that the people are pretty good ole country folks for the most part. Drugs are a problem but they are there anywhere you go these days. I'm considering moving over there if I can find a LEO job over there

#3 ·
I think you are in a pretty good location providing you have enough stuff till you grow /make more . If the elec goes off i would think the tunnels would flood making your southern border secure and to the north the C & D canal would slow down most of the Wilmington bad guys . Don't know about fire wood though , it could get scarce in a hurry . Lots worse places to ride out a social break down .

#4 ·
Is it just intuition that the tunnels *might* flood without power? I suppose if it does just a little bit, that would cascade into a lot!

I don't know how to gauge how fast firewood would go per capita with everyone needing it, but we use a woodstove as our primary heat for winters, and we always have 2 winters worth already cut and split, sitting under a roof. However, I was planning to move to a geothermal heated home eventually...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.