Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-10-2019, 12:05 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,381 Times in 24,108 Posts
Default How do you see God?

Advertise Here

I'm always so interested in how people see the Lord. Just fascinating and perhaps insightful. I'm amazed how some see God as angry at them, not worthy, not good enough, failure, disappointed.

Just some biblical truth on the subject to consider:

God is the Creator and you are HIS creation. You were not a mistake and He didn't create you for failure. He breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7). He created you in HIS own image (Genesis 1:27).

HIS eyes saw you unformed substance (Psalm 139:16). HE knitted you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).

HE KNOWS the number of hairs on your head, and before a word is on your tongue He knew it (Matthew 10:30; Psalm 139:4). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).

Have you ever stopped to ask, “What does God think about me? Who does he say that I am?” He clearly tells you!

FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT!!!!!!!

You are finally free from the slavery of sin and death. There is now no condemnation for you (Romans 8:1–2). All your sins are forgiven (1 John 1:9). All your unrighteousness has been cleansed by the blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7, 9). You are now righteous in HIS sight with the very righteousness of HIS perfect Son (Romans 4:5).

You’ve been saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8). You’ve been justified by faith (Romans 5:1). You are utterly secure in HIM, nothing will be able to separate you from my love in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39). No one is able to snatch you out of my hand (John 10:29). HE will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).

If you are a parent, think how much you love your children. Then multiply that a ZILLION times and you'll understand God's love and care for you. He isn't trying to trick into doing something wrong so you'll miss heaven. Would you do that to one of your children??? NOPE!

Have a blessed day!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 PM
Preparing....Networking

been struggling with my faith after leaving the Jehovahs witness cult after 31 years....needed this today. thanks my brother, shalom
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CPT_MOOSE1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_MOOSE1988 View Post
been struggling with my faith after leaving the Jehovahs witness cult after 31 years....needed this today. thanks my brother, shalom
Maybe it was just for you

The truth of God is always so freeing, I hope and pray you truly feel FREE!!!

Who the son sets free is free indeed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 12:19 PM
His Disciple

Thanked 8,874 Times in 3,500 Posts

I still ponder on this subject...I could give some textbook type answer but then I would just be virtue signaling/posturing.

I still worry about this: “What does God think about me? Who does he say that I am?”

I know He loves me...but that doesn't mean He thinks highly of me.
The Following User Says Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 01:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,641 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
I'm always so interested in how people see the Lord. Just fascinating and perhaps insightful. I'm amazed how some see God as angry at them, not worthy, not good enough, failure, disappointed.

God is the Creator and you are HIS creation. You were not a mistake and He didn't create you for failure. He breathed into your nostrils the breath of life (Genesis 2:7). He created you in HIS own image (Genesis 1:27).

HIS eyes saw you unformed substance (Psalm 139:16). HE knitted you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).

HE KNOWS the number of hairs on your head, and before a word is on your tongue He knew it (Matthew 10:30; Psalm 139:4). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).

Have you ever stopped to ask, “What does God think about me? Who does he say that I am?” He clearly tells you!

You are finally free from the slavery of sin and death. There is now no condemnation for you (Romans 8:1–2). All your sins are forgiven (1 John 1:9). All your unrighteousness has been cleansed by the blood of Jesus (1 John 1:7, 9). You are now righteous in HIS sight with the very righteousness of HIS perfect Son (Romans 4:5).

You’ve been saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8). You’ve been justified by faith (Romans 5:1). You are utterly secure in HIM, nothing will be able to separate you from my love in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:39). No one is able to snatch you out of my hand (John 10:29). HE will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).

If you are a parent, think how much you love your children. Then multiply that a ZILLION times and you'll understand God's love and care for you. He isn't trying to trick into doing something wrong so you'll miss heaven. Would you do that to one of your children??? NOPE!

Have a blessed day!

It says in Gen. 32:30, "I have seen God face to face. Exodus 19:11, "The Lord will come down in the sight of all the people." Deuteronomy 34:10, Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face." Judges 13:22 "We shall surely die because we have seen God." Matthew 5:8, : Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Rev. 1:17 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead", and many more verses that speak of seeing God. But then in John 1:18, it says "No man hath seen God at any time."

So, why does that verse contradict all the rest? I just came across that as I was looking up seeing God in a concordance. Is John correct or the rest?
The Following User Says Thank You to Idaho Survivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,689 Posts

For God so loved the world that he gave his only son...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,157 Times in 758 Posts

I think a lot of people see God as a "supd up" human, with the same thoughts and attitudes and just "some power" to do things. But not enough power to speak the world and the universe into existence. He had to use the Big bang and evolution and let the natural courses of nature (which He can't control) make things over billions of years. And he couldn't make man out of the dust of the earth and breathe into man the breath of life and make woman from a rib. He had to first let nature create an amoeba and over billions of years have man "evolve" from lower forms of life. And he couldn't keep His Word, the Bible clean and pure and not be contaminated by man's interpretation.

However, God is not a "supd up" Human. God says in His Word that He is much different. Mankind may be made in His likeness, but we are not like Him.
Quote:
Isa_55:8* For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isa_55:9* For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
There are many verses of Scripture that describe God and how he differs from us. Most people don't have a proper view of God and make up what they want about Him. I believe this is one of the great problems with the world today.

One of my favorite concepts about God is the fact that he is my Heavenly Father. I can go to Him in prayer anytime and receive His loving counsel.
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkerpv For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Target Shooter

Default Seeing God

Quote:

Have a blessed day!
Seeing God is above my pay grade but the most important question is how does God see you?

I know that he sees us through the eyes of the hungry child , the poor and the down trodden.

God is looking at us through their eyes.

How does he see you?
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 7,067 Times in 2,222 Posts

To ignore Father God as loving us beyond our limits of comprehension would be a huge mistake
To ignore Father God as omnipotent and serious beyond our comprehension would also be a huge mistake

When I look at other people I always try and remember that is God's Child
Act accordingly

I think of two passages primarily

Matthew 7:10 et seq

Ask, Seek, Knock
…10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the Prophets

Proverbs 9:9 et seq
The Way of Wisdom
…9Instruct a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will increase his learning. 10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 11For through wisdom your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.…
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 05:11 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post
I still ponder on this subject...I could give some textbook type answer but then I would just be virtue signaling/posturing.

I still worry about this: “What does God think about me? Who does he say that I am?”

I know He loves me...but that doesn't mean He thinks highly of me.
I do know you are a man after the very heart of God. You can't fake that. I know you delight in the Lord and His word, I have seen that many times with you.

My guess, you are the apple of his eye!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
I do know you are a man after the very heart of God. You can't fake that. I know you delight in the Lord and His word, I have seen that many times with you.

My guess, you are the apple of his eye!
You and Esheldon, get a room.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 09:39 PM
It's ok to be white

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
You and Esheldon, get a room.
Just cause you and Batko are "friends" doesn't mean other people follow your example

We like girls
Old 09-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,314 Times in 18,797 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

I keep wanting to see God through imperfect, human eyes so I have a tendency to want to bring Him down to a personal level in terms of trying to "describe Him." But those few times that I really stop and think about God -- an eternal, un-created Being, I just really can't wrap my head around who He really is. Too mind boggling. The best I can do is trust what the Bible says about Him and believe it to be true. This post would turn into a book if I cited the many Bible verses describing Him.

Ephesians 1:9, "Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 05:55 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,314 Times in 18,797 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
It says in Gen. 32:30, "I have seen God face to face. Exodus 19:11, "The Lord will come down in the sight of all the people." Deuteronomy 34:10, Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face." Judges 13:22 "We shall surely die because we have seen God." Matthew 5:8, : Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Rev. 1:17 "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead", and many more verses that speak of seeing God. But then in John 1:18, it says "No man hath seen God at any time."

So, why does that verse contradict all the rest? I just came across that as I was looking up seeing God in a concordance. Is John correct or the rest?
Both are correct. Christ is God the Son. He's as eternal as God the Father is. He's the Word made flesh and has been around since "the beginning." Jesus manifested Himself in the Old Testament on more than one occasion. He's "the face" of the Godhead.

John 6:46, "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

Seeing the "face of God" is not the same as "seeing God." That is, no man has seen Him in His Shekinah Glory and in His whole state. I believe I read somewhere that it would be too much for the eyes of man to take. I don't know how true that is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Both are correct. Christ is God the Son. He's as eternal as God the Father is. He's the Word made flesh and has been around since "the beginning." Jesus manifested Himself in the Old Testament on more than one occasion. He's "the face" of the Godhead.

John 6:46, "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."

Seeing the "face of God" is not the same as "seeing God." That is, no man has seen Him in His Shekinah Glory and in His whole state. I believe I read somewhere that it would be too much for the eyes of man to take. I don't know how true that is.

There are many Christian books on the market on NDE's where people say they have seen God face to face and talked to him. There have been a few Hindu NDE's and even a couple Muslim ones. Have these people really seen God? And the Mormon religion is based on their first leader who said he talked to God, though he had no witnesses, but then nor did Paul.

You seem to be talking of the trinity, something that was highly controversial during ancient times but the Nicene Council clarified the meaning. When Stephen was stoned, he looked up to heaven and SAW (emphasis mine) Jesus on the right hand of God. Were there two gods he saw or one? And if one, did he see Jesus on the right hand of himself? And in John 1, In the beginning was the word and the word was god and the word was with God.,. Now we know the Word was Jesus from vs 14. So if Jesus was with God, does that mean there were two personages? Or, since John was unlearned, did he just make a mistake in writing? Or is this a mistranslation?

But since God is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New, why didn't he (Jesus) teach the prophets who would teach the people, of the Trinity? Jesus taught that a man must be born of the water and the spirit before he can enter the Kingdom of God. Were the people of Old Testament taught this? Are there OT scriptures that talk of people being baptized in God's name? Can Jews get to Heaven without fulfilling Jesus commandment in John 3:5?
Old 09-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
There are many Christian books on the market on NDE's where people say they have seen God face to face and talked to him. There have been a few Hindu NDE's and even a couple Muslim ones. Have these people really seen God? And the Mormon religion is based on their first leader who said he talked to God, though he had no witnesses, but then nor did Paul.

You seem to be talking of the trinity, something that was highly controversial during ancient times but the Nicene Council clarified the meaning. When Stephen was stoned, he looked up to heaven and SAW (emphasis mine) Jesus on the right hand of God. Were there two gods he saw or one? And if one, did he see Jesus on the right hand of himself? And in John 1, In the beginning was the word and the word was god and the word was with God.,. Now we know the Word was Jesus from vs 14. So if Jesus was with God, does that mean there were two personages? Or, since John was unlearned, did he just make a mistake in writing? Or is this a mistranslation?

But since God is the god of the Old Testament as well as the New, why didn't he (Jesus) teach the prophets who would teach the people, of the Trinity? Jesus taught that a man must be born of the water and the spirit before he can enter the Kingdom of God. Were the people of Old Testament taught this? Are there OT scriptures that talk of people being baptized in God's name? Can Jews get to Heaven without fulfilling Jesus commandment in John 3:5?
Please explain this Jesus teaching:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19

Holy Trinity right there.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,157 Times in 758 Posts

The passage referred to regarding what Jesus said about being born of water and the spirit is
Quote:
Joh 3:3* Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.*Joh 3:4* Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?*Joh 3:5* Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.*Joh 3:6* That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.*
Jesus was telling Nicodemus that a man has to be born physically (of the flesh, of water (placenta), the first time) and a man must be born spiritually (the spirit (saved), the second time, born again).

There is an old Christian saying. Born once, die twice; born twice, die once.

If you are only born once, physically then you will die physically and spiritually. If you are born twice, physically and spiritually(born again by receiving Christ as Savior), you will only die physically.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,879 Times in 9,289 Posts

I see God as a good friend, he helps me when I need help, sends me what I need. Sometimes I don't understand why something happens but in the end, things always work out for which I am thankful.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,001 Times in 5,032 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Please explain this Jesus teaching:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 28:19

Holy Trinity right there.

Do you know why the Church believes in the Trinity? Do you know who the Church leaders were who debated the issue of one god or the triune God? Do you know who resolved the issue? And when? It wasn't until 300 years after Jesus died.