Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jesus said hate your mother and father pinkerpv Religious Discussion 42 05-01-2019 08:25 PM
What made you choose your belief system? drray777 Religious Discussion 358 12-26-2018 04:24 PM
Longest Shelf Life & Ready to Eat-Retail Store Drill That Oil Food and water 21 01-01-2018 06:46 AM
In Defense of Life or Property vs Wildlife AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 1 12-19-2017 01:40 PM

Old 05-11-2019, 03:11 PM
This is a great survival forum

Default Seasons of life

Advertise Here

We age, we move from season to season in our lives. This is how God made us, to experience each time of life in order to fulfill us in our earthly needs and to grow us in our spirit and faith.

He strengthens us for each set of new experiences. But sometimes it seems our walk is not on the path He intended. Or maybe it's just that He didn't intend the same path for all of us. And that can be disheartening. Being alone in certain seasons seems to be off-the-beaten-path, so to speak, different from everyone else's paths. It's hard, yes. And we're told be patient, God will not forsake us. He will fulfill us in every way. But years go by, and nothing changes.

But God doesn't forsake. We must be upheld in even this hope.

This has been on my mind for the past few years. I am not even sure how to put the concept into words. I seem to be losing my words, therefore I use so many of them to try to explain the concept. But even though years pass alone, and we live with the thought that we may always be alone in this life, we yet have hope in our Savior. We know that as this life rolls away, day by day, that once we're in eternity, we will never be alone again.

This season of my life seems like an autumn. Calm and chilly and still, leaves beginning to fall, and a long sleep coming.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Prepared

I feel the first touch of early winter. I just had my 69th birthday. My only chronic condition is high blood pressure, and it is under good control. Life moves on, though. I remember the Psalm talking about living to be three score and ten years, or perhaps, by reason of strength, four-score. These bodies weren't intended to last forever. We are here on this earth long enough to decide where we want to spend eternity, with God or with Satan. Those are the choices.

Winter has its own attractions. It's not necessarily bad. They call these "the golden years" for a lot of good reasons. Grandchildren are delightful. If one has lived a reasonably disciplined life, people seem to give respect to those of us who are older. I'm a Christian and have the hope of a better life when my winter is over. I don't fear the future.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edprof For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdyB View Post
We age, we move from season to season in our lives. This is how God made us, to experience each time of life in order to fulfill us in our earthly needs and to grow us in our spirit and faith.

He strengthens us for each set of new experiences. But sometimes it seems our walk is not on the path He intended. Or maybe it's just that He didn't intend the same path for all of us. And that can be disheartening. Being alone in certain seasons seems to be off-the-beaten-path, so to speak, different from everyone else's paths. It's hard, yes. And we're told be patient, God will not forsake us. He will fulfill us in every way. But years go by, and nothing changes.

This has been on my mind for the past few years. I am not even sure how to put the concept into words. I seem to be losing my words, therefore I use so many of them to try to explain the concept. But even though years pass alone, and we live with the thought that we may always be alone in this life, we yet have hope in our Savior. We know that as this life rolls away, day by day, that once we're in eternity, we will never be alone again.

This season of my life seems like an autumn. Calm and chilly and still, leaves beginning to fall, and a long sleep coming.
Loneliness in spirit comes from the lack of Faith in God. If you see God everywhere how can you feel alone? What will help you is a new set of Eyes. Buy this collection of the Lives of the Saints (people that were never lonely) and it will change your life:

https://www.svspress.com/tags/the-sy...-church-series
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 PM

No, it isn't caused by a lack of faith. I know God has plans for me, and that those plans are good. I don't lack faith, but I do sometimes lack patience. Some of the saints professed that they felt lonliness, even Mother Theresa. She said herself that she sometimes felt lonely, abandoned by God, and that God did not hear her. And yet, she is now sainted. God would not have given those miracles had she not had faith.

I walk by faith, not by sight. I know I can't see what God plans for me, and therein lies the problem. I'm flesh, inherent to those things of the flesh, and those are loneliness and impatience. So I can't do anything else except endure, walk, and complain a little every now and then. Even Christ complained. "Oh, ye of little faith!" and yet He upheld them in the storm.

I am walking by faith, and even though I complain a little, it doesn't mean I have no faith. It means I am human. Massive difference. But thank you for the link, I do appreciate it.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,998 Times in 5,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdyB View Post

Iím a football fan so I think of it in terms of quarters. iím in the 4th quarter with about 12 minutes left in the game. The first quarter was pretty quiet. I scored a touchdown and went up 7-0 at the.very end of it. Got behind in the second quarter and went into halftime trailing 17-10. Gave up another score at the start of the third quarter and was behind 24-10 before scoring twice at the end of the third to tie it up at 24-24. Picked off a pass at the start of the fourth and ran it back for a TD and Iím back in the lead 31-24.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2019, 03:21 PM

Great analogy, thank you!

I'm not as old as many of the members here, but I am reminded almost every time I go to the doctor, especially for a yearly checkup, that my life expectancy is shortened due to past health issues. It's almost as if the doctors want to constantly remind me. Maybe they think I'm liable to forget? Hah, as if. Anyway, I feel like I'm pretty much in the third quarter too, maybe 15 more years, max.

I feel like I'm in a race, or maybe playing a game, to get things done before it's too late, whatever too late is. Or whenever. I just have to endure until the clock runs down and no time outs are left.