Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requesting Financial Help Woke Financial Forum 50 03-30-2017 07:12 PM
Leaked ATF white paper - suggests removing silencers from NFA goon Firearms General Discussion 58 02-18-2017 08:12 AM
A couple of questions about the battery bank I've built... hlsjunk DIY - Do It Yourself 32 01-07-2017 10:58 PM
RT television bank accounts seized Sal4liberty General Discussion 12 10-18-2016 01:50 PM
Breaking: Secret bank deal w/ Iranians the day of hostage release. woodzman General Discussion 0 09-30-2016 07:29 AM

Old 04-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,172 Times in 1,604 Posts
Default ATF Uses Secret Bank Accounts for Fun!!!

Advertise Here

We all know the old joke that says, "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms" sounds like a good party, not a government agency. Unfortunately, it is also the name of the useless, unneeded and disgraceful federal agency that targets and murders civilians and otherwise abuses their authority.

But have no fear, the agency that can't process a NFA Tax stamp for 9 to 12 months, does have plenty of private (where from?) and public money to spend on themselves. Not even sure how many felonies these guys have committed here. In the past they have gotten away with murder and lesser crimes, so it will be interesting to see what a Trump Justice Department does in this case.

MSN article linked below:

Secret A.T.F. Account Paid for $21,000 NASCAR Suite and Las Vegas Trip

WASHINGTON ó Agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives used a secret, off-the-books bank account to rent a $21,000 suite at a NASCAR race, take a trip to Las Vegas and donate money to the school of one of the agentís children, according to records and interviews.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sec...id=mailsignout
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 46,965 Times in 9,844 Posts

The ATF should be disbanded and every employee with the agency should be left jobless.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 12:34 PM
2nd Amendment zealot

Thanked 1,313 Times in 436 Posts

This revelation on the ATF should not surprise anyone.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BigSlick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 5,769 Times in 2,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
The ATF should be disbanded and every employee with the agency should be left jobless.
Dude, it's one thing to be against a government agency, but quite another to wish poverty and trouble upon those who are also just doing their job to feed themselves and their families, and provide a roof over their heads.

It's really starting to look just like it's all just a giant pile of revenge which some people want instead of actually trying to get a functioning government.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 12:45 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Dude, it's one thing to be against a government agency, but quite another to wish poverty and trouble upon those who are also just doing their job to feed themselves and their families, and provide a roof over their heads.

It's really starting to look just like it's all just a giant pile of revenge which some people want instead of actually trying to get a functioning government.
Just doing their job? If working for an agency that directly infringes on Liberty is your job, then that job needs to disappear and you need to find a new one.

The ATF is, and has been for a long time, an inherently anti-Liberty agency. The employees in it have had many years to turn it into something productive and have only made it less so.

A functioning government is a small government. We have no need of the ATF, DHS, HUD, Dept of Education, Etc., and we have no need to absorb all of the employees of those organizations into the others. Part of cutting useless agencies and departments is cutting the jobs. The federal government is far, far too large.

As far as revenge, that is an emotional response. So is scolding someone for wishing poverty or whatever. It's not about wishing poverty. It's about knowing, logically, that our government is too big and that part of fixing that is cutting a bunch of those federal jobs. Start with the ones who directly infringe on Liberty. Cut the entire ATF and every job in it.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,732 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:

Any organization is only as good as the people that make it up. There may be a majority of people working at the ATF that are good and honest working men and women. But, when they fail to report the abuses that take place, they then become complicit and a part of the same corruption. I have no sympathy for them, just as they apparently have no sympathy for the American people that have suffered under their abuse.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to makobytes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 5,769 Times in 2,621 Posts

Quote:
and every employee with the agency should be left jobless.
That sure looks like you wish them to be left jobless. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, and my English nuances are failing me (always a possibility, it's my third language), but as you've written it ... .

How would you take it if someone said your place of work should be gotten rid of, and they hope you're left jobless?
Old 04-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
That sure looks like you wish them to be left jobless. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, and my English nuances are failing me (always a possibility, it's my third language), but as you've written it ... .
It doesn't really matter how I meant it. Who cares how I meant it? My point was clear, basic and logical. No additional emotional meaning needs to be added to my words. The ATF needs to go, along with many other agencies and departments, and we do not have any need or moral obligation to absorb those jobs into other agencies and departments. That would defeat the whole purpose. If it leaves some jobless, then too bad. That'll be the effect of cutting the size of this massive government.

Doesn't matter how I would take it. If I worked for an agency that directly infringes on Liberty and spends tax money on suites, then whoever said it would be right. My emotional response is irrelevant. Emotional responses have no effect on truth and logic.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Hunter

Thanked 6,023 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Just doing their job? If working for an agency that directly infringes on Liberty is your job, then that job needs to disappear and you need to find a new one.

The ATF is, and has been for a long time, an inherently anti-Liberty agency. The employees in it have had many years to turn it into something productive and have only made it less so.

A functioning government is a small government. We have no need of the ATF, DHS, HUD, Dept of Education, Etc., and we have no need to absorb all of the employees of those organizations into the others. Part of cutting useless agencies and departments is cutting the jobs. The federal government is far, far too large.
Well said sir! Quoting because I can only give one thanks. That is exactly what most people I speak openly with think of that bastard agency.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,172 Times in 1,604 Posts

So "Good People" who work for an Evil and Corrupt organization deserve our consideration. NOPE.

Let them find useful jobs in the private sector and learn what its like for the rest of us. They deserve ZERO consideration.

Quote:

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,158 Times in 7,614 Posts

I seem to remember this revelation surfacing a year or two ago. There was some wringing of hands and complaining and then it just disappeared from the media. I don't think it was ever investigated, just dropped..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pitbull_Dallas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,813 Times in 19,839 Posts

Wow. A government agency turns out to be corrupt. Weird.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 35,043 Times in 9,805 Posts

Quote:

The US has a constitution that includes the right to keep and bear arms. ATF agents (and their bosses) swore an oath to uphold that constitution, then proceeded to infringe upon that right.

I will not forget the "Fast and Furious" program where the ATF sold guns illegally to straw purchasers, in an attempt to blame law abiding US gun owners, and justify further gun restrictions.

I would prosecute the ATF agents, supervisors, and homeland security and justice dept heads that politicized this agency.

They can try finding another job after they get out of prison, because just following orders is no excuse.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,825 Times in 2,417 Posts

Quote:

How would you take it if someone said your place of work should be gotten rid of, and they hope you're left jobless?
Dont worry, ex-federal employees usually get preferential hiring in the private sector anyways.

On the topic: It sounds like the ATF is catching up with their friends in the DEA and Secret Service when it comes to perks and graft.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Errrrr

Thanked 14,238 Times in 3,921 Posts

Personally I'm at the point if you have a federal job that exists outside specifically being outlined in the Constitution you should be tried for treason.

The punishment for treason is death.

The execution should be paid for by the criminals family.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Jackson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Tedious Gasbag

Thanked 1,423 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
It doesn't really matter how I meant it. Who cares how I meant it? My point was clear, basic and logical. No additional emotional meaning needs to be added to my words. The ATF needs to go, along with many other agencies and departments, and we do not have any need or moral obligation to absorb those jobs into other agencies and departments. That would defeat the whole purpose. If it leaves some jobless, then too bad. That'll be the effect of cutting the size of this massive government.

Doesn't matter how I would take it. If I worked for an agency that directly infringes on Liberty and spends tax money on suites, then whoever said it would be right. My emotional response is irrelevant. Emotional responses have no effect on truth and logic.
AND to reduce the size of government (and government spending) one MUST leave employees of an eliminated agency jobless... not merely shuffle them to another agency. It is an economic and necessary eventuality, and not personal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stratbastard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 121,956 Times in 24,147 Posts

Quote:

Well, for starters, their job is in a field that is forbidden to government by all of our founding charters. Those jobs should not exist to be had in the first place. But let's look beyond that to the people who accept those jobs in full knowledge that they are unconstitutional, and make their living depriving people of their rights. Those people SHOULD be out of a job.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Those were the days....

Thanked 11,969 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote:

Just doing their job....

I believe that argument was used numerous times by some federal employees in Germany who were on trial back in the 40`s.

Didn`t fly then, and it wont fly now.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 05:10 PM
Target Shooter

Mission creep.

The ATF started life as the Alcohol Tax Unit. And it had a purpose when it began because quite a bit of southern moonshine in the 40s, 50s, and 60s was not clean. The producers in east Tennessee or west North Carolina might have made good corn whiskey for themselves and friends but much of the mass produced stuff that was shipped to Nashville or Charlotte was less than a stellar example of the distiller's craft handed down from Scotch-Irish ancestors. So it needed to be stopped.

Then the ATU it became the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax Division. And of course bootleggers were usually armed and so at some point firearms violations were added in and the ATTD became the ATF. Many agents from the old moonshine ATF days were good old boys and were respected by the moonshiners they arrested as noble opponents of sorts.

But now firearms - originally sort of an afterthought or a secondary violation - is mostly what the ATF is all about and few good old boy types work for the agency.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:35 PM
Lux in Tenebris

Thanked 10,300 Times in 3,828 Posts

i'm shocked and appalled that any .gov organization or employees, would do such a thing, shocked i tell you....

i have lost all faith and trust in .gov, and many others a looooooong time ago.....