Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complete List Living off the Grid Grifters Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 150 10-16-2018 09:56 PM
Trumps bad temperament.... Snuggle Monkey General Discussion 2 11-24-2016 06:01 AM
Prep List Squid770 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 25 11-14-2016 07:40 PM
Twitter: Day 1 in Trump's America ChickenSalad General Discussion 1 11-11-2016 03:49 AM
Democracy Partners client list Timberline Political News and Discussion 4 10-18-2016 09:10 PM

Old 11-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,813 Times in 19,839 Posts

Advertise Here

Ben Carson has opted out of a cabinet position. https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...163852548.html

I admire his honesty.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,427 Times in 655 Posts

Never forget. The Bad News Bears. Yes, they won!
Old 11-15-2016, 11:02 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 68,193 Times in 20,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
Hopefully never. Given Bolton's leanings, that would essentially be like hanging out a 200 ft tall neon sign saying "We're open, come on in" to the same neocon establishment that pushed for the Iraq war, destroyed the W Bush administration, subsequently gave you 8 years of Obama, and were, less than a month ago, lining up behind Hillary foreign policy-wise.

Bolton and the neocons in Washington would love another opportunity to get inside another administration and repeat that history. Trump is being watched for this. Very closely.
I nominate Bolton for mudflap art. Tired of looking at Yosemite Sam.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,151 Times in 4,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOver View Post
Megyn Kelly announced tonight the Ted Cruz visit to Trump Towers to ay to meet with President Elect Trump produced a possible Attorney Generals position for Cruz.
I would like Cruz as AG.

But I would LOVE Cruz as a Supreme Court justice.

One serves at the president's pleasure but almost certainly no more than eight years (usually less). The other is a lifetime appointment.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jknova For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:27 PM
New and yet, old

Thanked 10,721 Times in 2,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
Hopefully never. Given Bolton's leanings, that would essentially be like hanging out a 200 ft tall neon sign saying "We're open, come on in" to the same neocon establishment that pushed for the Iraq war, destroyed the W Bush administration, subsequently gave you 8 years of Obama, and were, less than a month ago, lining up behind Hillary foreign policy-wise.

Bolton and the neocons in Washington would love another opportunity to get inside another administration and repeat that history. Trump is being watched for this. Very closely.
neocon.

Kind of hard to label someone who worked for Barry Goldwater's campaign for President as a neocon.

Reading through his bio, he appears you are way off base with your post. Care to share the info you have? Or is just something you read on the Internet?

I have watched him for years on Fox News and Fox Business and he never gave me any impression other than strict conservative. While in the Bush Administration he was instrumental in pulling the US out of the International Criminal Court.

And he has been ****ing off democrats for years which makes him all right in my book.

Or maybe that's what your objection is?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:40 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 18,497 Times in 7,097 Posts

Rumor has it that Giuliani wants the Secretary of State job.

I can sort of see that. I'd rather have him as SoS than AG, actually.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 46,965 Times in 9,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Robinson XV View Post
I find it interesting that his first two picks are basically from two opposite ends of the Republican spectrum.

Priebus, as RNC chair, represents the establishment, while Bannon (editor of Breitbart) represents the "alt-right" anti-establishment.

Should make for an interesting dynamic, especially since they will essentially be his top guys.
I haven't liked Reince Preibus at all, but I hope his appointment as Chief of Staff indicates he has had a shift AWAY from establishment thinking, rather than indicating that Trump has had a shift TOWARD establishment thinking. If that's true, then Preibus is an excellent pick. If not, the Preibus is a bad pick. I'm starting to think Preibus has moved a little toward Trump.

As far as Bannon, I'm fine with it.

I'm really rooting for someone like General Mike Flynn or Lieutenant General Jerry Boykin as SecDef. I heard Levin mention Tom Cotton as well. He's a veteran so I guess I would support that. Cotton was the ONLY senator (not Cruz, not Paul, not Lee) who opposed the Iran deal and stated it was dangerous.

I also hope for Trey Gowdy as Attorney General. Makes perfect sense.

I'm glad Chris Christie is gone and I hope Rudy Giuliani doesn't make it into Trump's cabinet either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
Rumor has it that Giuliani wants the Secretary of State job.

I can sort of see that. I'd rather have him as SoS than AG, actually.
I think he has the clout to get SoS if he wants it, and it sounds like he does, and that's fine. But based on his background, I think AG is a much more obvious choice for him.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOver View Post
Megyn Kelly announced tonight the Ted Cruz visit to Trump Towers to ay to meet with President Elect Trump produced a possible Attorney Generals position for Cruz.
I would be happy with that, or Gowdy, of course.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:51 PM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknova View Post
I would like Cruz as AG.

But I would LOVE Cruz as a Supreme Court justice.

One serves at the president's pleasure but almost certainly no more than eight years (usually less). The other is a lifetime appointment.
Heck, I think most AG picks don't stick around for more than four. Didn't Bush have three different AG?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
Cotton was the ONLY senator (not Cruz, not Paul, not Lee) who opposed the Iran deal
Cotton was the only senator to oppose the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015.

However, that was not "the Iran deal." Rather, it was a check on Obama as it said Congress could review any agreement. Obama had threatened to veto it, but since it passed 98 to 1 in the Senate and 400 to 25 in the House, he didn't try since his veto would have been overridden.

Cotton is, however, the guy who wrote a letter to Iran saying any deal they reached with Obama might be rescinded.

I think highly of Cotton, but Lee and Cruz are the most consistent conservatives in the Senate, probably in Washington.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jknova For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,434 Times in 1,286 Posts
Default Guiliani is well versed

in international affairs and given his background as a prosecutor he might be just the one to help uncover Hillarys dealings in the state dept.

Quote:
I think he has the clout to get SoS if he wants it, and it sounds like he does, and that's fine. But based on his background, I think AG is a much more obvious choice for him.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:35 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Thanked 18,954 Times in 5,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soldier View Post
Could also make for an interesting power struggle for Trumps ear.
I think this is exactly why he made those picks, he will now get to hear both ends of the spectrum...dinglebarry chose all yes men so they could tell him what he wanted to hear instead of what he should hear. IMO, Trump doesn't want yes man, he wants to hear the entire spectrum, this is something that makes a business person successful, hearing things that challenge the status quo...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 03:09 AM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Ben Carson has opted out of a cabinet position. https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...163852548.html

I admire his honesty.
I work with many surgeons, including neurosurgeons. I don't see how that type of experience would lend itself to a cabinet position. I also found his honesty refreshing. I think he is a good man, and we can use good men in government. But if they're not prepared for the job, then they're not prepared for the job. He's a rare one to have that type of insight and honesty.

As a surgeon, he's certainly one of the greatest of all time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 03:13 AM
Ultranationalist

Quote:
Cotton was the only senator to oppose the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015.

However, that was not "the Iran deal." Rather, it was a check on Obama as it said Congress could review any agreement. Obama had threatened to veto it, but since it passed 98 to 1 in the Senate and 400 to 25 in the House, he didn't try since his veto would have been overridden.

Cotton is, however, the guy who wrote a letter to Iran saying any deal they reached with Obama might be rescinded.

I think highly of Cotton, but Lee and Cruz are the most consistent conservatives in the Senate, probably in Washington.
I stand corrected. I thought there had been a letter written in there somewhere.

I agree about Lee and Cruz. I'd like to see Cruz (or Gowdy) as AG, and Lee on the SCOTUS. I doubt Lee will accept it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 05:30 AM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 17,970 Times in 4,776 Posts

Id rather see Cruz on the SCOTUS and Gaudy as AG. Cruz will never be president. He is a purist and will never pull together the coalition needed for a presidential victory. We need to think strategic, take the ups and the downs as long as the overall strategy goes forward. We have a chance to really bury the progressive liberals as a national party if we play this right and make inroads into the Blacks and Latinos.

PS...I would love to have been a fly on the wall at the Cruz-Trump meeting today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 07:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,434 Times in 1,286 Posts

I just heard on Fox there will be nobody in the Trump cabinet that is a lobbyist.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katielyn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
Id rather see Cruz on the SCOTUS and Gaudy as AG. Cruz will never be president. He is a purist and will never pull together the coalition needed for a presidential victory.
I agree - I voted for Cruz in the primary and wish he was president-elect right now, but if he couldn't do it in 2016, he'll never be able to do it. This was the perfect year to nominate a true conservative (the Democrats were obsessed with nominating Hillary, and IMO any Republican would have beaten Hillary).

In 2020, barring some serious health or other unexpected issue, Trump will be the Republican nominee. In 2024, if a Democrat won in 2020, it'll be uphill against an incumbent. If Trump won in 2020, it'll be hard for a Republican to win a third GOP term in a row (rarely happens for either party). In 2028 ... well, that's pretty far in the future, and what has Cruz been doing in the meantime?

If we couldn't nominate a real conservative this year, it's best to set that aside and be thankful for what we do have. RINOs like Trump are better than Democrats.

The very best place for Ted Cruz at this point, IMO, is Supreme Court. He'd be a 45-year-old Scalia.

But it would be easier to make him AG, as I imagine Democrats would filibuster his appointment to the Supreme Court.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jknova For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Ultranationalist

I don't think it's true at all that we have to set aside Constitutional Conservatism. There is absolutely no reason to think that. Cruz was the only candidate that had the polling numbers to defeat Hillary from day one until he dropped out. He could have won. I think Rubio could have won. Obviously Trump was a third that could win, since he did. We have no idea how many more could have won.

I also don't like the use of the word "purist". It's used by the media to disparage anyone who doesn't allow their interpretation of the Constitution to be watered down. If we want to call people a purist, then I'll gladly be one. I prefer the word "originalist". These are the people who know what the Founders intended (because they made it clear in many writings) and feel that it should be interpreted correctly.

On a side note, I continue to get great amusement from the love Ted Cruz is receiving now that the race is over. He was badly hated and run into the mud around these parts just a couple months ago. Now people want to see him receive a lifetime appointment to one of the most important positions in the country.

"We hate Ted Cruz! **** that guy! Elect Donald Trump, if for nothing else, so that he can nominate people to the SCOTUS! People like... Um, Ted Cruz! Yeah, he would be great!"

Lol at some of y'all. I'm kidding but you know I'm serious.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2016, 02:50 PM
GunControl=People Control

Thanked 12,011 Times in 3,087 Posts

If I've got the measure of Trump I doubt that many of the names that are being discussed for appointments will be selected. I suspect that most of them will be people most of us have never heard of. I doubt Trump is keen on politicians and will use only a few of them. I suspect he will go mostly for people who he thinks are actually good at the sort of work he wants them for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Treloar For This Useful Post: