Survivalist Forum banner

Looking for weather advice...

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Madoc 
#1 ·
Hello y'all. May I ask what would be a feasible time in February or March, to drop off supplies in Concho... with a motorsickle or even a rental 2WD vehicle. Trying to avoid ice and snow. I understand that maybe I should wait till April. Thanks.

#2 ·
It's still pretty cold but March should be warmer.

Just check the local weather report and pick a day that's clear.

#4 ·
If you are sticking to the paved roads most are clear soon after the sun comes out. We haven't been getting heavy snowfalls.

You want to give it a couple of days for the dirt roads to dry out though if you aren't in a 4wd.

I would suggest the rental vehicle over the motorcycle, as you can carry MUCH more in a single trip.

#5 ·
Looking like snow along with some single digit temps this week.

#7 ·
You might want to head up there during the snow to get a feel for conditions.

#8 ·
Travel tends to be defined by work - we shall see what they tell me to do. I'm not too worried about the cold, not trying to brag but I did ok in Murmansk and Magadan for example, in poorly-heated and hardly-insulated cabins; but it will be a major challenge if I end up in that area in an AZ midwinter without anything better than a dugout, that I know.

#9 ·
I didn't mean to see how you handled the cold. More along the lines of checking out how your property and the roads to it did.

Reactions: Madoc
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.