Survivalist Forum banner

Tucson Transplant with Plan to Return to Wht Mtns

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  eleven11 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there are others in the Tucson area with a plan to head to the White Mountains when shtf. I would consider a support group (verification of details would be required) in the event that travel under duress is necessary.

I'm considering safety in traveling (should we have to hike it home, especially), and wouldn't mind knowing who else may be on the road; looking for folks who would be safe candidate(s) to join forces with for safety.

If I was returning home (White Mountains) in a vehicle with extra room I would be glad to offer a ride. I don't want to leave fellow preppers stranded if they seek to get along with others.

#2 ·
Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and “mental”) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizona-Preppers/members/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
We’ve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Group’s (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to “expose” themselves, or they don’t trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and such…)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)

#4 ·
Community is essential. I opine that with the correct changes (physical infrastructure and “mental”) Tucson has potential. Post collapse, my estimate is that it will take a city of around a million to maintain full local services and continue to develop.
For those in Tucson, consider:

Southern Arizona Preppers
http://www.meetup.com/Southern-Arizona-Preppers/members/3921570/
Oath Keepers
http://www.meetup.com/Tucson-Oath-Keepers/
We’ve attended several meetings of the two groups. Mutual Assistance Group’s (MAG) have been brought up, but either no one really wants to “expose” themselves, or they don’t trust me and I do not hear of such. Of course, I admit to not actually making much effort along MAG lines myself. (OPSEC, paranoia, and such…)

Ronald Frederick Greek (Fred)
Where is the food coming from to feed those million people?

As to the OP, it is unclear if you already have a place to head for in the White Mts or are simply looking to get back to somewhere you once lived?

#5 ·
AZ counties have lockdown travel restrictions in place in case of emergencies. I was involved in Navajo County Government until ‘14, and knew of the emergency planning and its secrecy. The most key bit of information to those thinking they’re getting to their BOL here or there within the state is that unless you have state ID proving your residential address in a county you will not be able to pass, at least in AZ. I’d assume most counties in other states have similar travel restrictions in place as well; I’m not sure though. Crossing through another county will be acceptable but only if it’s en route to proof of residence on your photo ID.

This enforcement requires check points which require bodies/staffing. I’d imagine many people leaving their assigned posts should such measures be enacted. Who wants to risk their lives securing a check point?! Navajo county in the ‘80 estimated 1 million firearms with a population near 50k (kind of a population guess, but it’s a small county....with lots of fire power).

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW ID ��

#6 ·
AZ counties have lockdown travel restrictions in place in case of emergencies. I was involved in Navajo County Government until ‘14, and knew of the emergency planning and its secrecy. The most key bit of information to those thinking they’re getting to their BOL here or there within the state is that unless you have state ID proving your residential address in a county you will not be able to pass, at least in AZ. I’d assume most counties in other states have similar travel restrictions in place as well; I’m not sure though. Crossing through another county will be acceptable but only if it’s en route to proof of residence on your photo ID.

This enforcement requires check points which require bodies/staffing. I’d imagine many people leaving their assigned posts should such measures be enacted. Who wants to risk their lives securing a check point?! Navajo county in the ‘80 estimated 1 million firearms with a population near 50k (kind of a population guess, but it’s a small county....with lots of fire power).

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SHOW ID ��
Sorry but 1 million guns divided by 50K people equals 20 guns for every man, woman and child, so while there probably is a lot of guns I doubt your figure was accurate.

Navajo is also not a small county (at least size wise) as it is the 11th largest in America. Apache county is 6th.

#8 ·
AS I live in Navajo county as well (stigreaves hopefully soon), I can say that there are a lot of guns here. Most folks own more than one. The one person that Ellen mentions covers 75 people for the 20 gun per person average. While it sounds pretty far fetched, it could actually be fairly close.

#9 · (Edited)
I wasn't doubting that there were plenty of guns. Just the pulled out of a hat number.

I thought Sitgreaves was dead in the water.

Personally I'm not all that for it as while you guys in Navajo county say it will lower your property taxes, I see it doing the opposite for mine in Apache county. Since from what I understand your tax is about 3 times what we are charged. I pay $500 and was told that would be $1500 for same property if located in Navajo county. So if the new county lowers your tax by half (win for you) but then mine get raised to the (lower for you) new rate I am losing on the deal.

#10 ·
Phoenix is going the way of Tuscon... you used to see plenty of open carry there but not so much anymore. Lots of cat-ladies and soyboy's. Folks are from from Cali, Detroit, Phili & South America or Africa-- and almost no-one is from AZ. Everything is gentrified or corporate: either a hipster place with crappy kid food and weirdos or big box stores and chains. Nothing left of the traditional town or its ways. it reminds me of what I saw happening to Florida back in the 80's with the New Jersey & Hati invaders. Glad to be gone from both. I haven't found a major city in the US where this isn't happening though.

#12 ·
The same thing happened to Denver. I came here for that "old west," "gun slingin'" atmosphere but all you see are homeless pigs -- that's to say -- people who have chosen to live like pigs without contributing a single, useful thing to society. Not all homeless people are "pigs." Anyway, if you don't see them, then you see idiots with purple or green or pink hair dye (males and females). Almost everyone is left wing. And it's also why I'm leaving next week.

Reactions: eleven11
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.