Votes: 22 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 7 16.3%

Should Arizona Seceed from the union?

7K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  SgtBooker44 
#1 ·
Hello all, i suppose local poll is due. mainly i'm interested in everyone's thoughts on if we should or should not, why, and what would be the benefits or hindrances?

looking forward to all the responses, thanks.

#2 ·
good luck with that... LOTS of problems. One, the fedgov won't be happy. Also a major negative is just south of Douglas - you need to set up border controls around 2 foreign countries, not just one. Lessee... Passports and Visas? What does the Nation of Arizona use for a governmental system? What if The Nation of Arizona decides to declare war on one of its neighbors (or vice versa)? What will the exchange rate be between the Arizona Stella (or Peso or Eagle or whatever) and the US dollar, and how will it be backed and/or backable?

Texas might pull it off because it has a strong enough economy to pull it off, along with a strong militia/military and trade relations with its southern neighbor. And they're big. Even then... they tried to start the process not long go and got shot down.

#3 ·
thank you, this is kind of conversation i hoped would start. i personally think the border states should band together on it. as far as Arizona's resources, i always thought that the coal, copper, uranium, and aerospace industry would be a valuable backing for our own currency. a governmental system, one would hope, should be a representative republic. in an ideal world, we would do it in order to force a convention of the states and return this government to it's constitutional roots. i hate to say, but leverage, you know?

#7 ·
Willing to take the risk with independance. We will happily take on our share of the debt in exchange for our share of the military.

We promise to take care of all the "new" state owned (former Federal) land, representing 42% land area of the entire state. We also promise to care for all 22 National Parks and to not to fill in the Grand Canyon.

To put this in perspective; Connecticut is composed of 0.3% Federally owned land and Nevada is composed of 81.1% Federally owned land.

The key to Arizona's success will be liberty, freedom and minimal government. Works everytime its tried.

#9 ·
Willing to take the risk with independance. We will happily take on our share of the debt in exchange for our share of the military.

We promise to take care of all the "new" state owned (former Federal) land, representing 42% land area of the entire state. We also promise to care for all 22 National Parks and to not to fill in the Grand Canyon.

Actually we have 5 National Parks, and a bunch of National Monuments:D:

To put this in perspective; Connecticut is composed of 0.3% Federally owned land and Nevada is composed of 81.1% Federally owned land.

The key to Arizona's success will be liberty, freedom and minimal government. Works everytime its tried.
Truthfully, giving the oversight of these areas over to the state would definitely provide job growth.

#12 ·
As for the discussion about leaving the Union, it's absurd. United We Stand.

If the ****** MORONS who don't vote would just get informed and vote and stop watching dancing with the stars, we could fix 95% of the problems in this nation.

~ 120 million people vote. Perhaps as many as that sit on the side lines, uneducated and indifferent.

Just look at gun owners. It's fair to say that probably 1/2 of gun owners don't bother voting. And that is INSANE.

You're suggesting people will leave the Union, which would require probably bloodshed. But yet about 1/2 of people can't be bothered to watch the news or vote; very simple tasks.

Good luck getting people to lay down their life when they can't even be inconvenienced...

#17 ·
Well, first of all, there is no union, we are no longer citizens, but subjects, King Obama has destroyed what once was a great country, he thinks he's King, and the Clinton woman has the same ideas. The citizens of this country voted for change, I just hope those idiots are happy. Politics are so crooked now theres no hope for making it great again. It doesn't really matter if AZ quits the union and becomes our own country.It won't work. I'd like to, but no way can it be successful in my opinion. If I could find a country where I could be free, I'd be moving as we speak. Alaska is the best place as far as I"m concerned.

#19 ·
I bet if I asked, your opinion would be that the founding fathers were solid thinkers and you like their thoughts. Now, ask yourself why they thought a union was better than 13 mini-nations.

What if we don't like the way the Nation of Arizona works out? Do we break up into counties? It's far better to fix what's wrong with the union than break up into bits of pieces. That's a return to feudalism.

#21 ·
Secession is a ridiculous idea, for any State in the Union.

The Left moves in, and people ignore it.
They slowly take over, people just grumble.
When the Left elect America-hating Obama who willfully do unconstitutional things, and put us in hock for the next 19 generations, we wonder if we should secede. Really? Wow... Does nothing.

Did disengaging ever get freedom-loving Americans anywhere?! Nope.
Fight like hell for what's right. What you believe in. Or we're all sunk.

#23 ·
I'm in favor of AZ Seceding from the union.

Mexico would invade, with our permission, and take over. Within a year, there will be calls for help and we will have to retake AZ for humanitarian reasons.

AZ would become a territory.

This could all be done before 2022. Even at 80 years old, McCain will probably run again and they will vote him back in. With the above plan, we can get rid of him now.

#25 ·
Yes, they should along with Mexifornia and NY. They all need to be sanctuary states with yuge walls around them and places where we can relocate liberals, illegals, and people with no education, skills, and employment prospects. Someone in CA said that is exactly what they want there... get rid of those troublesome thinking and productive people and replace them all with hard working low-skilled immigrants. Geeze, I like the way they think in CA!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.