Are there any preppers/survivalists in Vegas that would like to create a network SHTF - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Texas Preppers Network SuperBad Events, Connections and Get togethers 34 02-14-2018 01:51 PM
Network of Preppers adaptandsurvive Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 03-06-2014 03:09 PM
Create your own Independent network Joe Smo The Tech Zone 9 07-30-2013 03:20 AM
Will the SHTF mindset get Survivalists and Preppers killed? Westfalia Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 10-04-2011 04:00 PM
Preppers in Las Vegas? Bushfam New Member Introduction 7 07-15-2011 04:42 AM
Casting for TLC Network: Preppers with Bunkers! GoodCleanFun Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 146 02-25-2011 12:26 PM
survivalists network NW Arkansas kelvin General Discussion 0 12-02-2010 08:23 AM
Do you network with other local survivalists? armedpilgrim Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 78 03-24-2010 11:41 PM
Newbie from Kentucky Preppers Network 1kentuckyprepper New Member Introduction 23 04-09-2009 09:46 AM

Old 10-21-2015, 02:08 AM

Default Are there any preppers/survivalists in Vegas that would like to create a network SHTF

Advertise Here

Hello everyone 29 yo male. I'm not only relatively new to Vegas but also a new prepper. I moved to Vegas in January and so far I'm not really impressed. Neighbors barely speak to anyone you'll be lucky to get a hello. So if SHTF, there is no "community". Everyone is seemingly for themselves and strangers are always trying to get a dollar out of you. So I figured I would take the time to try and find some good like-minded individuals. Perhaps forming a network so if things go bad we can all help each other out.

I'm a pretty generous guy always have been but if SHTF that would have to change and I would only help those in my group other than family or friends. And like I mentioned earlier I'm pretty new. Still have a lot to learn about prepping and surviving. And I'm also hearing about a potential water shortage here in Vegas coming soon is there any truth to that? Would love to hear from you guys thanks.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2015, 01:13 AM

Hey New,

I totally understand what you mean about the people around here. Luckily the street I live on, most of the people I converse with, are outstanding neighbors.

Do you have family here or did a job bring you out this way?

Hope all is well.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Trapper

Yes I have bin looking at different sights to see if Las vagas prepers ever get together.
I would like something informal. I have come to take preping vary important. I find it odd that none of my neighbors or my family think it important. Well I do!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM
www.jerrydyoung.com

Thanked 62,409 Times in 8,959 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Check the MeetUp website. There was a prepper group in Las Vegas at one time. I do not know if they are still active.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,264 Times in 662 Posts

Following up on Jerry's suggestion:

http://www.meetup.com/LasVegasPreppers/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Las Vegas is a strange city, most people are very transient. Then there is the party, drugs drink crowd. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wacher3006 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprepper2015 View Post
...I figured I would take the time to try and find some good like-minded individuals. Perhaps forming a network so if things go bad we can all help each other out...
I live in Vegas and am looking for a network or group of "prepper" minded people to collaborate with.

Namaste
Kate
The Following User Says Thank You to Elisavaet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Trapper

I have lived in my home in Henderson NV. for about 4 years. I came from CA. I live in a over 55YO area. If the SHTF, I think a lot of the people around hear would die. But I must say they are nice people. Also I think that a lot of them are so use to government care that I don't think they could do what it would take to survive in bad times. I have come to except that if bad times come I will see them die. I can not feed them all and I don't know any that prep.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:01 PM
patriot to american

Try las vegas prepper
Old 06-09-2016, 04:02 PM
patriot to american

I live in Henderson also. Heal
Old 07-17-2016, 03:41 AM
Target Shooter

Seems all the hills and canyons around the Vegas valley already have bums living in them full time. Stories of shots fired at joggers in Koda Crome hills. Safety in numbers is the goal of this thread right? Is there anyone that would like to don a heavy bug out bag , and climb Mc Dowell Mt or Rail Road Pass? Compare gear , eat trail food and compare ideas along the way.

I put stock in staying fit , even though I'm well past my youth. Survival in hard time dictate hard and tough people, as well as prepared.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:30 PM
patriot to american

What type of skills do you have and do you have prep just a yes or no will work.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 PM

I am a prepper and new to Vegas also. Anyone interested to meet or know of a meetup please PM me.

Before NV, I lived in California all of my life and been prepping for about 10 years now.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M9A1MAN View Post
I am a prepper and new to Vegas also. Anyone interested to meet or know of a meetup please PM me.

Before NV, I lived in California all of my life and been prepping for about 10 years now.
There are two listed on Meetup.com, Las Vegas Preppers (https://www.meetup.com/LasVegasPreppers/) and Nye County Preppers (https://www.meetup.com/NyeCoPreppers/). I haven't found either. Also, there's a outdoor/survival store on the right just as you're getting into Pahrump. The couple that runs it are starting a group. There are several

Welcome to the desert.
Kate
The Following User Says Thank You to Elisavaet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2018, 02:53 AM

So its been awhile this threads seen any attention.. I think its important for a roll call and possible collaboration. I fear the next few weeks are going to get bumpy.

S/W vegas
Old 08-16-2018, 08:11 PM
patriot to american

lv preppers are still active.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot Bob View Post
lv preppers are still active.
Well, either they're EXTREMELY busy or rather geriatric in communication. You're the first comment since my last post 5 months ago and prior to that was just over a year....

Safety in numbers should not be LV preppers moto or call sign.. just saying.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:01 AM

Actually, in retrospect.. LV is highly poor in communication efforts. Maybe because few stay here long? Trust issues? Tweekers or alcoholics? Seems more have vices that keep them here and others move on.. correct me if I may be wrong.

I have a litany of usable skill sets, motivated, high IQ, problem solver knowing just enough about anything and everything to either get myself into trouble or out of it with as less drama as possible. I see rare to no activity, not even on the above mentioned meet up pages..

EDIT: I find it amazing also that people also claiming to look for outreach or contact go out of their way to make themselves unreachable through PM or Email.. whats the point?
Old 08-21-2018, 08:46 PM
patriot to american

I am not very good with words but don't give up .It is very hard to get to know someone and trust them. It took me 6 years to find a group that I could trust now we are family.
send me a email and we can talk.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot Bob View Post
I am not very good with words but don't give up .It is very hard to get to know someone and trust them. It took me 6 years to find a group that I could trust now we are family.
send me a email and we can talk.
Found you (inadvertently actually), it was good meeting you and hearing what you had to offer.. Thanks, will be back for the next one.