Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Wer sind da Gehirnpolizei

Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,276 Posts

Advertise Here

Barry Goldwater, Republican Senator from Arizona, lost to Johnson in the 1964 Presidential election.
Goldwater was known as "Mr. Conservative" but he would be unelectable in the Republican party today.

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

"When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye."

"On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.
I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

Barry Goldwater -
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,952 Times in 5,607 Posts

I don't see any Christian holding a life to your neck . do you ?
You like certain christian values otherwise you wouldn't be conservative to begin with.
By holding a strong conservative view to counter the negativeness of the liberal view the balance is the best we can hope for.
When voting you vote goes against the one you trust the least ,and to the one you trust most , correct. which do you prefer ,one that is an out right liar , or the one that has regard for the truth ? He may not be perfect but he values the truth never the less and has a conscience to that end.
God of heaven does not permit liars in heaven. Christians know this .
Allah promotes lies , Which do you prefer. ?
The Following User Says Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I don't see any Christian holding a life to your neck . do you ?
You like certain christian values otherwise you wouldn't be conservative to begin with.
By holding a strong conservative view to counter the negativeness of the liberal view the balance is the best we can hope for.
When voting you vote goes against the one you trust the least ,and to the one you trust most , correct. which do you prefer ,one that is an out right liar , or the one that has regard for the truth ? He may not be perfect but he values the truth never the less and has a conscience to that end.
God of heaven does not permit liars in heaven. Christians know this .

Allah promotes lies , Which do you prefer. ?
I didn't think this thread was about Donald Trump. I guess in that part, I must agree.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:45 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 21,482 Times in 9,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
The rules include license to use the facilities at the living center. But that is really a red herring to the issue now, which is conducting Bible Study in their own apartment.
I'm not sure why you're so sure running a regular Bible study can't be construed as running a business. Suppose the tenant was a retired accountant instead of a minister. I'm sure no one would mind if he helped one or two of his friends with their taxes. However, If he held seminars in the Community Room or had 8 or 10 "clients" in his apartment on a regular basis, that's a violation of the parts of the lease we have read.

How is it different just because Mr. Hague's profession happens to be preaching? Bible study was his vocation... and it appears that it still is. If he is addressing more than a couple of folks on a regular schedule, that's a congregation... and he's running a church.

Quote:
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
you're in violation of at least a dozen federal and state statutes right now, where you stand.
I'm pretty sure that's not true... but it doesn't matter. The Hagues were clearly in violation of their lease.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 27,691 Times in 9,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
I'm not sure why you're so sure running a regular Bible study can't be construed as running a business.
Well, when words can mean anything you want, I can understand your confusion.

Given that words have objective meaning, sometimes people get together for business and sometimes they get together for other reasons. This is one of those other, non-business reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 44,574 Times in 13,032 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Well, when words can mean anything you want, I can understand your confusion.

Given that words have objective meaning, sometimes people get together for business and sometimes they get together for other reasons. This is one of those other, non-business reasons.
Peter, you know that you're not allowed to do things people don't like? Why, you might hurt their feelings.

Now pack up your stuff get get out of my apartment complex, you bigot!
The Following User Says Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,074 Times in 7,575 Posts

Peter, better work on your reading comprehension. I have handed out THOUSANDS of Bibles to strangers.

I have said, and will continue to say: there is a right way, and a wrong way, to share Jesus. You don't get to crap all over other's rights and then say "But it's Jesus".

Like CS said, if they had been quiet and respectful of their neighbors no one would be complaining. The fact is they are probably into the watchman nee cult which involves a lot of loud screaming by all participants, during the "service". They feel they have to scream loudly for Jesus or they will not be saved. The cult has a LONG tradition of disrespecting neighbors based on my own observations over 40 years.

If not them, then their ilk. There are a lot of very bad mannered "Christians" out there disrespecting their neighbors, and the name of Jesus.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 27,691 Times in 9,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
You don't get to crap all over other's rights and then say "But it's Jesus".

LOL you got reversed whose rights have been crapped over

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
The fact is they are probably into the watchman nee cult which involves a lot of loud screaming by all participants, during the "service".
Speaking of reading comprehension, facts are not “probably.” That what is called speculation, not a fact.

Last edited by PeterEnergy; Today at 12:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Peter, you know that you're not allowed to do things people don't like?
Actually, the lease does say youíre not allowed to do things that a lot of the other residents donít like.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Actually, the lease does say youíre not allowed to do things that a lot of the other residents donít like.
Leases do indeed have broad definitions of "nuisances". If they dsimply on't like you, they can put you out generally. They can just say they won't renew your lease. In fact that happened in this case and the Hagues are now trying to squeak by on a month to month. Given the age if the lawsuit, they might be out already,

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old Today, 01:47 AM

This is an interesting observation,

https://www.boredpanda.com/religious...ign=BPFacebook

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old Today, 09:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 44,574 Times in 13,032 Posts

these are the same folks that will be going along to get along when Christians are forced back into the catacombs in a few decades. but they will have forgotten all about this conversation by then.
Old Today, 11:41 AM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
these are the same folks that will be going along to get along when Christians are forced back into the catacombs in a few decades. but they will have forgotten all about this conversation by then.
Oh good lord! Residents wanting to use their apartment community room are not going to send anybody to the catacombs.

Some people are SO Dramatic!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post: