Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-29-2020, 07:19 PM
Improvise Adapt Overcome!

Thanked 12,284 Times in 5,392 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fire View Post
My go to knife is still my old Uncle Henry Golden Spike. She has the carbon steel blade, and it stays razor sharp. Original leather sheath and a new stone.

The leatherman is in a different sheath, but if I could only choose one, it would be the spike.
This one?

A very nice knife!

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Henry-S.../dp/B082J5XFXL
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 08:09 PM
force multiplier

I think you have come full circle as to why there are no threads like this. We have grown up. Myself as have others have mentioned "EDC" think about it long and hard. Survival is much more than disaster preparedness verses wilderness survival. They are one in the same, EDC is an important factor in both. I figured it out a looooooong time ago, hence my low post count since 2009. I check in occasionally; but I have no time for this. There are more important matters at hand. A master, of survival will take any tool at hand and make it work. We are on the brink of civil war, and by some definitions we are already in it. How will you SURVIVE it. Period. I saw your youtube videos, and this by no means is a slam against you, but you are a decade behind some of us. It's good you're coming around. sort of.

Some on this forum have been very silent for a long time(myself included, shame on me). We are past that right now. We should be focusing on how we survive the attack on our Republic from the Marxist left. I don't think a swiss army knife, or a Cold Steel SRT is going to cut it, by itself( no pun intended). It is a multi layered strategy of survival, that includes both political and technological application of everything this forum brings to the table.

That's what I take from the responses I have seen on this single thread. Most are looking at the big picture. What you imply is simple "preparation". I am way beyond that, as are most. Whether it is admitted or not. Hence, why there are no threads "like this". JMHO. I, as many others are again, over it. People come to this forum for real answers. It dose not matter what knife or axe you have at this point..... just pick one and use it, until you master it. Keep it to any US made manufacturer and don't support the Communist Chinese. BIG THUNDEROUS LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!! Be a patriot.

If this bans me from the forum...... so be it. I am here to provide preparation for the worst case scenario. I'll survive it, whether this forum dose or dose not, remains to be seen.

Best Patriotic, Constitutional Republic, Regards

Rod
The Following User Says Thank You to Enforcer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 08:32 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 81,858 Times in 23,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
I think you have come full circle as to why there are no threads like this. We have grown up. Myself as have others have mentioned "EDC" think about it long and hard. Survival is much more than disaster preparedness verses wilderness survival. They are one in the same, EDC is an important factor in both. I figured it out a looooooong time ago, hence my low post count since 2009. I check in occasionally; but I have no time for this. There are more important matters at hand. A master, of survival will take any tool at hand and make it work. We are on the brink of civil war, and by some definitions we are already in it. How will you SURVIVE it. Period. I saw your youtube videos, and this by no means is a slam against you, but you are a decade behind some of us. It's good you're coming around. sort of.

Some on this forum have been very silent for a long time(myself included, shame on me). We are past that right now. We should be focusing on how we survive the attack on our Republic from the Marxist left. I don't think a swiss army knife, or a Cold Steel SRT is going to cut it, by itself( no pun intended). It is a multi layered strategy of survival, that includes both political and technological application of everything this forum brings to the table.

That's what I take from the responses I have seen on this single thread. Most are looking at the big picture. What you imply is simple "preparation". I am way beyond that, as are most. Whether it is admitted or not. Hence, why there are no threads "like this". JMHO. I, as many others are again, over it. People come to this forum for real answers. It dose not matter what knife or axe you have at this point..... just pick one and use it. Keep it to any US made manufacturer and don't support the Communist Chinese. BIG THUNDEROUS LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!!

If this bans me from the forum...... so be it. I am here to provide preparation for the worst case scenario. I'll survive it, whether this forum dose or dose not, remains to be seen.

Best Patriotic, Republic, Constitutional Regards

Rod
Yes, the commies are at the gates and embedded in the democrat party, the FBI, etc.

We have threads for that somewhere I'm sure. If not, you should start one.

Doesn't mean we can't have a nice normal discussion on the best knife/tool/edc/whatever.

Heck there are threads here exchanging recipes. Why don't you bust into one of those threads and call them out? How dare they exchange pinto bean recipes when there are commies out there!

This is the hunting and camping, wilderness survival section.

Pretty sure there is a section for TEOTWAWKI somewhere .
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 PM

This is not a "Doomsday Backpacker" discussion. You probably belong in the "Disaster Preparedness" forum, not here.

Quote:

That's what I take from the responses I have seen on this single thread. Most are looking at the big picture. What you imply is simple "preparation". I am way beyond that, as are most. Whether it is admitted or not. Hence, why there are no threads "like this". JMHO. I, as many others are again, over it. People come to this forum for real answers. It dose not matter what knife or axe you have at this point..... just pick one and use it, until you master it. Keep it to any US made manufacturer and don't support the Communist Chinese. BIG THUNDEROUS LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!! Be a patriot.

Best Patriotic, Constitutional Republic, Regards

Rod
Old 06-29-2020, 08:50 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 22,302 Times in 6,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post

Pretty sure there is a section for TEOTWAWKI somewhere .
There isn't. It's a great frustration of mine.

Quote:
This is not a "Doomsday Backpacker" discussion. You probably belong in the "Disaster Preparedness" forum, not here.
This section is a sub-forum of that section.

If you don't want us dirty preppers cluttering up your knife collection thread you have to move further down the list.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,097 Times in 3,987 Posts

Hey Enforcer... While I don't disagree with your take about current events...

I think you kinda missed the part where the OP asked a pretty simple knife preference question... in a sub-forum for hiking, camping, & outdoor survival.

Sometimes we just want to talk about mundane things. And compare widgets. Purely for relaxation and amiable conversation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astronomy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post

I know there are some threads that come close.
There was the minuteman loadout thread that gremlin started a few yrs ago.
There is a WWIII thread.
A thread discussing a possible civil war.
A thread on the S China Sea upcoming conflict.
A thread or 3 on N Korea
A thread on the collapse and communist uprising in Venezuela. I think Argentina as well. And the Ukraine.
And on every major riot / demonstration you can think of. Ferguson, Boston, BLM, The Standing rock Indian pipeline protest, the BLM standoff, etc.

Must be dozens of others.

And lots of political analysis of what is happening.

Bear in mind that most open discussions on that topic would violate some forum rules and might get you a visit from some alphabet guys.

But I could be wrong. Why not start a thread under the disaster section or something and try to lay down the ground rules for the thread at the outset, to keep it from getting anyone into trouble, and give it a go?
Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 PM

Exactly!

There are plenty of forums to discuss the pending TEOTWAWKI Doomsday Zombie Apocalypse.

When I am in the mood to see whats going on in that crazy bonkers twilight zone world, I go to those forums.

It was nice before that crap infected "EVERYTHING".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomy View Post
Hey Enforcer... While I don't disagree with your take about current events...

I think you kinda missed the part where the OP asked a pretty simple knife preference question... in a sub-forum for hiking, camping, & outdoor survival.

Sometimes we just want to talk about mundane things. And compare widgets. Purely for relaxation and amiable conversation.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:

If you don't want us dirty preppers cluttering up your knife collection thread you have to move further down the list.
Doomsday Backpacking belongs here

https://www.survivalistboards.com/fo...aysprune=&f=49
Old 06-29-2020, 09:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,315 Times in 3,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemeyer007 View Post
That sounds great can you post a pic. I like my carbide jaw needle drivers for sewing in the field. Speedy Stitcher is a good tool.
I posted a link to the screwdriver on here a while back. As for posting pictures I'm internet dumb when it comes to that. Don't you have to have some kind of photo hosting website for that?
Old 06-29-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmyguy View Post
I posted a link to the screwdriver on here a while back. As for posting pictures I'm internet dumb when it comes to that. Don't you have to have some kind of photo hosting website for that?
When you quote someone, look down on the page for the "Manage Attachments" button.

There should be a way to upload pictures through there.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 PM
Abnormality biased.

Quote:
I know there are some threads that come close.
There was the minuteman loadout thread that gremlin started a few yrs ago.
There is a WWIII thread.
A thread discussing a possible civil war.
A thread on the S China Sea upcoming conflict.
A thread or 3 on N Korea
A thread on the collapse and communist uprising in Venezuela. I think Argentina as well. And the Ukraine.
And on every major riot / demonstration you can think of. Ferguson, Boston, BLM, The Standing rock Indian pipeline protest, the BLM standoff, etc.

Must be dozens of others.

And lots of political analysis of what is happening.

Bear in mind that most open discussions on that topic would violate some forum rules and might get you a visit from some alphabet guys.

But I could be wrong. Why not start a thread under the disaster section or something and try to lay down the ground rules for the thread at the outset, to keep it from getting anyone into trouble, and give it a go?
Oh, lots of threads. But there is no actual forum just for TEOTAWAKI, and generally when you try to start a serious thread all the screwballs show up and start talking politics and "that will never happen".

Its okay, I accept 80% of the people here are not really into prepping. I just always find it funny when they actually complain about prepping interfering with their various other interests on something called SURVIVALIST FORUM.

Forgive me if I don't have much sympathy when the shoe is on the other foot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 10:02 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarmyguy View Post
If the photo is on your computer it is easy.

Hit "go advanced", then one of the top buttons is a paperclip for attaching your photo. Self explanatory once you hit the button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 10:04 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Quote:
Oh, lots of threads. But there is no actual forum just for TEOTAWAKI

Its okay, I accept 80% of the people here are not really into prepping. I just always find it funny when they actually complain about prepping interfering with their various other interests on something called SURVIVALIST FORUM.
If there is no thread named TEOTWAWKI, and I believe you are correct, seems like we need one.

Although, I think as soon as you break it down into topics, you will likely find we have threads on most of them.
Hardening the home, deciding when it is time to bug out, bug out location, caches, game cart, bugout vehicle, if you can only take a couple weapons and ammo, what are they, what knifes to take, wilderness medicine, trauma kits, mutual aid groups, communications.

Discussing the topic at a higher level might not be a bad idea though, especially since it seems you have something in mind to discuss. Threads are free. why not try it out? I'm sure most would be interested. We all see troubled road ahead to put it mildly.

Anyway, lets try and let this thread proceed without getting too far into the weeds.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:11 PM

Quote:
If there is no thread named TEOTWAWKI, and I believe you are correct, seems like we need one.

Although, I think as soon as you list out the topics, you will likely find we have threads on most of them.
Back in the day, the "Disaster Preparedness" forum was for all that stuff.

The doomsday backpackers generally left us alone here in the wilderness forum.

But then the illness spread like a well funded virus and infected EVERYTHING.

Now you cant even go to a knitting forum, without having to suffer through people wrecking the conversation and twisting the discussion into "Combat Tactical Knitting" for their GHBOB.

Its a paranoid delusional mental illness...and no matter what, today, it eventually ruins every possible discussion you try to have on any other topic.

Thats why you hardly ever see me here anymore...or anywhere for that matter.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:25 PM
Abnormality biased.

Quote:

Discussing the topic at a higher level might not be a bad idea though, especially since it seems you have something in mind to discuss. Threads are free. why not try it out? I'm sure most would be interested. We all see troubled road ahead to put it mildly.

Been there...multiple times. Even begged the mods multiple times to create a subforum just for sever and long term prepping. Never happened.

The exact same thing happens to those threads that has happened to this one...except in reverse, and the casuals are by far the majority here so there is little point as for every two people trying to talk about something serious there are eight people making fun of the premise.

Which is why it's so damn funny to see a casual complaining about too much doomers. It's usually the other way around.

Amusing...but that is about as much as a care. Have fun talking about your knife collection. I don't really care enough to keep arguing.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:15 PM
force multiplier

Just venting some frustration; haven't been here in a while and noticed the lack of activity compared to years past. I personally believe it's because most are afraid to address what's directly in front of us. Fearing that "there is always someone watching", whether you call it the "deep state" or a troll keeping an eye out for the leftist agenda. At some point we have to say , enough is enough. If you stand for the Republic as founded, and believe in the constitution, as well as you're God given rights; then stand together. They cannot defeat the majority.

At some point, we must stand. Have open dialogue about what we face and develop solutions to thwart it. I chose to comment because the OP made a deliberate effort to demean anyone who suggested their choice was to "survive" a abrupt decline in the status quo of our society. I side stepped that by stating "if things go sideways". That can happen on any outing to the field regardless of severity. Could be a rabid raccoon wandering into your tent, or black C-130's dropping napalm. Either way, it does not deserve a negative comment because we each prepare based on what we perceive as our biggest threat.

I have personally been prepping(the last couple of decades) for both "unfortunate accidents in the field", and the "anarchy" we see currently in the streets. If your "one survival knife" of choice is geared to a singular application; then don't diminish the another's because they have a blade(tool) intended for multiple missions . I have found through personal experience; that you cannot separate the two. If you try, then you'll be unprepared when you made the unfortunate decision to take your camping kit, when what you really needed(hind sight) was your kit for TEOTWAWKI. Make your go to "whatever" work for all survival scenario's.

My point is, a survival tool or kit that you have confidence in, should and will get you through "all" situations. That ideally would be your EDC. It should be the kit you "never" leave home without; regardless of your intended activity.

I have ranted enough, just pointing out the big elephant in the room.

Truly, best regards

Rod

Last edited by Enforcer; 06-30-2020 at 12:04 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enforcer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 04:47 AM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Nomad View Post
That is a new one, with a stainless blade. Mine is old, back when you could still buy one off the shelf with a carbon blade.
When you need to be able to put a quick edge on your knife, carbon is king.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 04:55 AM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote:
Just venting some frustration;

Rod
So. Do you prefer jif or peter pan? Crunch or creamy?
Important part...Preserves or jelly?

Make no mistake. We see what you see going on around us. We are just waiting for that trigger.
In the meantime, have a cup of joe and join us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2020, 05:42 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,029 Times in 11,908 Posts

Quote:
I chose to comment because the OP made a deliberate effort to demean anyone who suggested their choice was to "survive" a abrupt decline in the status quo of our society.
Rod, I'm glad yo posted and I guess I'm glad that I did not read the OP that closely but only gave my $0.02 on 1 multi-tool.

Quote:
Just venting some frustration... I personally believe it's because most are afraid to address what's directly in front of us ...the "anarchy" we see currently in the streets... just pointing out the big elephant in the room
Yea, the new normal. Anarchy in the streets ... (yawn). Old news. Let's get excited about the new trivia OR distract ourselves by any means necessary.

Quote:
Fearing that "there is always someone watching", whether you call it the "deep state" or a troll keeping an eye out for the leftist agenda. At some point we have to say , enough is enough. If you stand for the Republic as founded, and believe in the constitution, as well as you're God given rights; then stand together. They cannot defeat the majority.
As they learned in the 2016 election.

Before I joined this website, I was on a political website. Leftists would often criticize me for 'hit and run' posts, holding me to a standard of only making comprehensive posts. I denied their premise. Not every thread has to comprehensively deal with the elephant in the room, anarchy in the streets, etc.
Be prudent, always. Worry, never. Jer 15:16