**Ladies Section** Spitballing after SHTF - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here

Old 06-27-2020, 06:04 PM

Default **Ladies Section** Spitballing after SHTF

Advertise Here

After SHTF does anyone think that age/difference relationships might shift? In past times, the idea was for a man to take a young bride. She would be presumably be healthier/more fertile/disease resistant.

Will women begin to take younger men? Boys may be able to physically provide better/are more malleable to a woman's wants, and needs/"trainable". I'm not saying it should be right for "culturally inappropriate" age dissonant relationships to exist in today's culture, but can anyone else see a future where it could become a norm?
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andigirl View Post
After SHTF does anyone think that age/difference relationships might shift? In past times, the idea was for a man to take a young bride. She would be presumably be healthier/more fertile/disease resistant.

Will women begin to take younger men? Boys may be able to physically provide better/are more malleable to a woman's wants, and needs/"trainable". I'm not saying it should be right for "culturally inappropriate" age dissonant relationships to exist in today's culture, but can anyone else see a future where it could become a norm?
I'm not sure what I would do if something happened to my husband. I think the most important skills for me should the need ever arise to find a new spouse (that'll only happen if my man dies), would be the ability to accept my children as their own. Someone who values a traditional woman and they'd have to be a Christian. Truthfully though, I would truly struggle with the thought of being with anyone else. I would probably just end up becoming that crazy lady out in the middle of nowhere with a hobby farm and at least 2 large dogs for company (should my children be out of the home by then).

The thought about the younger men, nah. Most of the young men these days are yuppies.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhDearMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Off the leash

Thanked 2,570 Times in 998 Posts

ODM, I think that would be me too. After 20 years with sardog, I doubt I could ever find anyone else that I could or would trust as much as I do him. We have been through hell and back on several occasions and have somehow made it through.

By the time I could even possibly think about wanting another man for any reason I'd probably be too old anyway. And I'm already way too set in my ways to try to train an younger one the way I'd want him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs.sardog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 11:28 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,798 Times in 13,999 Posts

Why does it matter NOW?
I've been happily married to a man 20 years younger - for the past 20 years.
His grandmother was 20 years older than his grandfather.
My grandfather was 20 years old than my grandmother.
There are THREE generations of long happy marriages with a great deal of age difference. You might even call it a family tradition.

Why do you NEED a man for survival? Prepping is about learning to be self-sufficient and that means man or woman. Who do you think kept the homestead running when the men went off to war?
My grandmother (the other one) was widowed only a month after giving birth to her NINTH child during the depression. She made it and so did all nine kids. People used to tell me I was like her. I sure AF hope they were right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 02:52 PM

Don't necessarily "need" a man. However, if the match is right, two can meld their attributes to be better than one alone. Anyway...I'm a girl, and find boys can be awful fun too!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:27 PM
You were the Executioner.

Thanked 3,987 Times in 1,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andigirl View Post
Don't necessarily "need" a man. However, if the match is right, two can meld their attributes to be better than one alone. Anyway...I'm a girl, and find boys can be awful fun too!
That's how it should work in an idealized situation. However, be aware that some men are terribly intimidated by strong, skilled women who are self actualized, educated, insightful and mechanically inclined.

Because emasculation.

Just saying, keep your eyes and ears open.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazarine33 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 06:30 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 35,762 Times in 10,160 Posts

I've been married twice. 1 bad, 1 good. I haven't even entertained the thought of another man in the last 3 and a half years. No thank you.

If the SHTF, any man I hook up with would have to be the male's version of me and I don't think there's a man out there like that and I wouldn't care if he was older than me considering my late husband was 14 years older than I was but I might think twice if he was younger depending on how much younger he was. Now, I would join a MAG if they were willing to have me that had men in the group but other than that nope.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 02:26 PM

For thousands of years every culture known to man has gone through some version of SHTF. Yet older man/younger woman has remained the norm. I just don't see that changing.
The Following User Says Thank You to emmajones For This Useful Post: