US Army Military Tent Universal Improved Combat Shelter ACU Digital by ORC - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

For Sale
Everything you need for Disaster Preparedness. Only merchants are able to start threads in this section. Follow this link to sign up for your merchants account.

Advertise Here

Old 01-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Default US Army Military Tent Universal Improved Combat Shelter ACU Digital by ORC

Advertise Here

The Improved Combat Shelter is a single-storage vestibule, one-person size, double-walled, free-standing tent that strikes easily. The ICS is the next generation one soldier combat shelter currently being used by the U.S. military.

Improved Combat Shelter Features :

Versatile, Man-Portable, Shelter System for One Person
Consists of a Shelter Body, an Attachable Rain Fly (Provides a Waterproof Shelter and Forms a Shelter Storage Vestibule, or Functions Separately as a Hooch), Support Poles, Ground Stakes, Carry Bag, and a Field Repair Kit
Made from Lightweight, Durable, Ripstop Nylon with a Black Rubber Backing to Block Light from Coming In or Out (If Trying to Sleep in Daytime it is Pitch Black Inside; If its Night Time and You are Shining a Torch Inside, the Light Cannot be Seen Outside so in Theory You Aren't Detected by the Enemy)
Stops Infra Red Signature
Flame Resistant
Provides Protection from Rain, Wind, and Snow in Climates Ranging from Basic Cold Through Tropical Hot without Leaking or Collapsing
Main Body Design is Open Front with a Slight Overhang on the Flysheet to Shelter the Entrance
Front Entrance is Double Zipped; No-See-Um Insect Netting and a Waterproofed Panel Behind so You can have the Back Panel Open in Summer and Get Light and Extra Air in Through the Insect Mesh.
Back Entrance is Zippered and also Made of Ripstop Nylon; Leads to Your Porch Area when the Flysheet is Attached; Allows for Cross Ventilation
Flysheet has Grommets at all its Corners to Accept the Poles, so it can be Used on its Own as a Quick Shelter or Attached to the Main Body via Fastex Nylon Buckles at each Corner and Pegged Down with the Peg Tabs Running Along the Outer Edge for Extra Stability in High Winds; Fly has a Wide Weatherproofing Strip over the Zipper to Assure Zero Leaks and Velcro Secondary Fasteners for quick egress/ingress in combat situations
Main Body Base is a Bath-Tub Type with a Thick Rubberized Material that Extends About 8 Inches Up the Sides of the Main Body Preventing Water or Mud from Getting In
Sets up like any Regular "Cross Pole" Design but Faster Since it Uses 12 Clip Connectors vs. Sleeves to Attach the Poles to the Tent Body
Tent dimensions 96 in (L) x 40.5 in (W) x 32.5 in (H) at its peak
Carrying Weight: 6.50 lbs
Packed Volume Approx. 17" x 5.5"
Pattern: Universal Camo
Made in the USA
Manufactured by: ORC Industries
$200 Shipped New!
Used VG Condition $150
Message if interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1orc1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	295710
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to lardragoon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Target Shooter

I have used this tent system for motorcycle camping on a Sportster while touring. The needs are similar to other camping but differ in the following ways.

Sometimes at a weekend festival or rally, I'm just looking for a place to crash at night (or in the daytime). The blackout fabric coating is great when you're set up under powerful lights or wanting to sleep through a bright morning.

Having a tent also means I have a place to keep prying eyes away from my bedroll when I'm not in it. Camping wile touring, for me at least, doesn't involve a lot of cooking and hiking. It's mainly about having a rain-proof shelter to sleep in. Breakfast comes at a diner after I'm back on the road.

The hardest thing to find in a tent has been a short packaged length. This tent has very short aluminum poles so the package doesn't stick out to the sides when I am rolling.

I like it for the utility as well as the construction quality.
Quick reply to this message