What Would Martial Law in the US Look Like? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 AM

Advertise Here

I highly doubt conservatives would “riot”.

IMO, we are far far more emotionally stable than “liberals” who “riot” and go destroying stuff because of how they “feel”.

We have families, careers & frankly far better things to do.[/QUOTE]

And we do have far better things to do BUT we all NOW know that social media outlets like Facebook and Instagram are far left and liberal. They have been and still are censoring conservatives and their content. Google has been outed for saying they will manipulate internet content to lean left. Google “Trump impeachment” you’ll get 8-10 liberal news sites before you get to a right leaning site or any other news site. So Google is already prioritizing leftist media in searches. My business page, which is Cerakoting, has been deleted twice, all content wiped because THEY DEEMED it appeared as though I was selling firearms or ammo. In fact, and I state it regularly that nothing is for sale or for trade. So the tolerant leftist social media is still at it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skipopotumus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
We should consult folks that lived it.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/se...e-martial-law/
Scary. And the left is fully capable of such behavior.
The Following User Says Thank You to PreppingGal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 04:06 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 10,320 Times in 3,730 Posts

Quote:

And from what is outlined in that article the US is already partially living under martial law. Due to the previous war on drugs that has morphed into the war on terrorism. A chunk of our liberty was surrendered voluntarily due to things like the Patriot Act and Homeland Security.

There is currently a 100 mile deep area around the entire US border where many of your civil liberties are reduced.

Last edited by Steve_In_29; 10-17-2019 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,060 Times in 7,442 Posts

If Martial Law could happen coast to coast then Obama would have done it when Trump won

but instead he just beefed up the swamp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baddogg5 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 3,402 Times in 929 Posts

I'll just spit it out because no one else here seems to want to:

Lots of people like me are going to die. Honorably served, gun owner, Constitution minded. They WANT to kill enough of us to either skew the voting blocks or cow us into submission.

The equalizer is, a lot of the traitors who wear uniforms are going to die, too.

"oh yeah, tough guy, what about katrina? Huh, Huh?"

Katrina was a wake up call. Nobody thought it could happen until it DID. Now it is out there in people's minds what can happen.

Martial law will result in me bugging out if I am still in the city and able to get ahead of the rush, or bugging in if I am out of the city by then and loading every magazine i own for everything.

No one is stealing from me behind a badge or tree-suit and leaving me breathing.

Mostly because I will NOT live as a disarmed slave. I'm not getting on the bus either.

If you are wearing my old uniform and pulling nazi ****, you are NOT my brother, you are a TRAITOR who deserves to be dealt with, with whatever means at the disposal of the citizens at the time.

They will pull the same **** they pulled with every other industry they want to subvert: bring in uneducated Third World Nationals, who will work and do ANYTHING for a visa to stay. Why would law enforcement be any different? Martial law here wouldn't look ANY different from a lot of the toilets they come from in the first place, and they have no loyalty to the country, only their corporate masters.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 56,189 Times in 19,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppingGal View Post
OK, I did several searches and didn't see a thread on this.
You didn't look very hard. There have been literally hundreds of these threads in just about every active topic board over the last decade.

There won't be a national martial law. Full stop.

There will be regional ones after national disasters but there not enough troops for nationwide coverage. Nor can they force the issue either. Sheriff departments answer only to voters, not the Feds. The military could not keep the peace in Iraq, smaller than Texas, given every resource for years. The nation is too big to cover with martial law.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppingGal View Post
OK, I did several searches and didn't see a thread on this.

Let's say, just to have a scenario of some sort, that Trump exposes a lot of criminal activity and things get heated up, the left goes wilder than usual, and martial law was declared for the United States. Martial law has happened before under Abraham Lincoln, but the times now are not like they were in the 1860's.

Our rights would be suspended and travel would probably be restricted. Many of us are far enough out into the country that troops are not likely to come to us looking for lodging or supplies. They'd be more likely to stick closer to towns for that, at least at first. How many facets of martial law would likely be implemented? Would stores, utilities, and transportation function as normal? A certain amount of panic is likely, especially if people were unable to get heart meds/insulin/thyroid medicine/whatever.

I'm guessing that the severity and length of time that martial law would be imposed would vary depending on the scenario that caused it to happen, and the areas of the country that set it off. Antifa would be more active in California than in Kansas. How would you picture this going down, and how long do you think it would take to restore order?
Great topic and thank you for providing the information and sharing your POV.

Honestly they don't need to control everything. They just here key road way junctions and ports...... you stop the flow the flow of shipping industry you stop everything. People will beg for government and flock for them to solve the problems. Wouldn't be that hard 80 percent of this country is 100 percent dependent on the government.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Psalm 37:28

Thanked 1,076 Times in 336 Posts

Quote:

Great point. I read the whole article. I like reading Selco's stuff.

But would ML here look the same as there? I don't think it could. As many have pointed out, it's an enormous area to cover. Now, the cities, sure, they could look similar to Selco's situation. But rural America?

Moreover, our culture is different, including the police and military. They're regular Americans, too. They have American families. Of course, that could be very different in, say, twenty years. But if it happened today I think a lot of enforcement options would be closed to the Feds simply because of refusal. OTOH, if ML were sold very cleverly on the heels of a major disaster, it could be different. I don't think there's a way to know very far in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Surviving Suburbia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:36 AM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 6,635 Times in 1,452 Posts

Check out a thread on this subject from a while back:

"Martial law"--what would it be like?

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=839993
The Following User Says Thank You to zooeyhll For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Suburbia View Post
Great point. I read the whole article. I like reading Selco's stuff.

But would ML here look the same as there?
There are already pentagon directives on escalation to martial law (use of DOD forces to put down civil disorder)

Effectively, once the authority passes to the governor and the governors use of national guard is not sufficient to manage the situation, the normal US military can be called in under the command of military leadership answerable to JCOS/and ultiamtely the president of the US.

However, generally speaking that will not happen, as it isn't really feasible for there to be something taht the national gaurd cannot handle - and not be foreign invasion.

There may be selective mobilization on national secuity grounds fo response of some types of incidences that local authorities cannot maintain but generally speaking.

The governmnet isn't going to care about anything but government facilities so any martial law activities will be centered on protecting critical infrastructure not population control.

If the DOD was involved you might see things like the Green Zone in Baghdad pop up in cities but unless there was a specific operation chances are there would not be widespread operations except those in support of other levels of government, think Afghanistan.

Any larger scale action woudl likely be through selective or full draft to keep logistics needs lower through setting up local militias to take care of local areas likely under some umbrella in concert with state authorities.

However they don't even do this for natural disasters these days so I wouldn't expect any attempt to "police" rather it woudl be very deliberate actions to remove the threat through decapitation strikes.

It'd be be more like this https://nypost.com/2017/05/24/islami...s-martial-law/
Old 10-21-2019, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,030 Posts

I don't think they would worry right away with the Rural areas. Even here on Long Island where there really isn't any real cities. Not like in most other states or even upstate NY.
Most communities are situated that it would be easy to close whole sections with just a couple of squad cars. With the in and outs to the main roads

From My travels, I have noticed the same thing whole sections can easily be closed off.
I bet if you look at the area of Boston that was shut down it was the same thing when they were looking for the Boston bombers.

That is why I bought the House I live in I made sure it would be really hard to close off every exit. When I drive I am always looking at the layout and thinking where they would be putting the Roadblocks and how to avoid them.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,131 Posts

Many areas have natural choke points that would be good for stopping or controlling the flow of traffic.

In the mountains a single road may work it's way through a mountain valley. That would be the easiest spot to stop traffic from moving.

In the Midwest river crossings and bridges would make the most sense to set up check points or stop traffic. As an example the Mississippi is 2,300 miles long and has about 150 bridges. To get from the east to the west you need to cross a bridge, take a boat or go north of the river. Bridges can be controlled, boats can sneak across but what could be moved by small boats in hiding and going north is nothing compared to the thousands of vehicles that cross each bridge every day.

I would assume many cities have natural choke points that could be put to use as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lasers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 08:15 PM

Great thread.
I have no further comment other to say "Be an Ant, not a Grasshopper".
Or, as my bees would do, if the queen isn't doing right by the hive, make a new queen and get rid of the non producer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Semore Butts For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 08:37 PM

One way for the government to control a large areas would be to cut off electricity and water. People would cave very quickly. A problem facing the government if they do that is that supporters of the government will quickly turn against the government.

Also it is against the law for the standing military to do the job of law enforcement officers. But even if the government tried they would still not have the personnel needed to control 300,000,000 people.

So, keep building your supplies and pray we will never need them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Profreed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 08:03 PM
Honyock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profreed View Post
O
Also it is against the law for the standing military to do the job of law enforcement officers. But even if the government tried they would still not have the personnel needed to control 300,000,000 people.
Do you believe something as trivial as a written law would stop democrats (communist party USA) from ordering the military to attack civilians? They would do it at first chance.

My belief is that a significant percentage of the military would refuse those orders and would probably join the citizens in resisting, bringing their "tools" with them.

In the mean time, Be Prepared !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Randal For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,607 Times in 6,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Randal View Post
Do you believe something as trivial as a written law would stop democrats (communist party USA) from ordering the military to attack civilians? They would do it at first chance.

My belief is that a significant percentage of the military would refuse those orders and would probably join the citizens in resisting, bringing their "tools" with them.

X10 BROTHER AND S/FI! What ya doing for the MC B-DAY?
Old 10-23-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Randal View Post

A lot of people know of that law. A fair percent of the dems know of it and would turn on their leaders if it was violated. And I do agree with you that many in the military would refuse such an order, as would a good number of the local police. But one must be prepared, that is why we are here.

Keep reloading and prepping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Profreed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 PM

They would probably start with test runs on shutting down the grid....oh wait!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bkz81 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,030 Posts

^^^ Sure that is why they started in Cali. as they use the high winds as an excuse for all those trial runs to gauge the reaction
Old 10-24-2019, 12:31 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,298 Times in 3,438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
When I was a kid martial law got declared many years ago in areas like Watts, Chicago and Detroit. Those areas were surrounded, sealed off and access was limited for people trying to come or go into them.

Military police were used to set up roadblocks in key intersections. If you approached one of these roadblocks, you were directed as to where to go and all vehicles were subject to search. If you were found to have contraband in your vehicle, you were arrested and your vehicle was impounded.

One woman tried to run a military controlled roadblock and found out that the Army MPs do NOT kid around at all. Her car and her leg got stitched up real good by a .30 caliber Browning machinegun which brought an end to her efforts to smuggle supplies of ammo into rioters in Watts. When the nice MPs tell you to stop, they mean stop.

Most riots die off inside of a few days because, like most liberal ideas, they don't plan ahead and they always come up with lousy ideas. The actual riots last about 72 hours is what most experts tell us. After about a week things return pretty much to normal in the riot area for the most part because people need food, gasoline, to get to work and so on.

If trouble does occur in the U.S., more than likely it will happen on cue in areas that the Democrats historically control. That means that the Democrats will tell their pals in the ghetto areas to start acting up, make some noise and draw some attention to themselves. While a small group is setting fire to stores in their own areas, the Democrats will give their media pals their take on the news and expect the media to help spread their lies. Same stuff, different day. The majority of Americans who listen to the news will be avoiding these riot torn areas and doing their shopping further out in the suburbs.

After the election, right after the election, everybody should have their situational awareness on high ready. In fact, whether or not Trump wins, loses or even if comes to a draw, people would be smart to stay aware of everything and everybody who is around them. Keep your back to a wall and sit in a corner when you can. Do not let anybody get behind you. Watch other people from the shadows when it is possible. Carry concealed and do not display your weapon unless you intend to actually shoot/fight with somebody. Keep surprise to your advantage. If you fight, fight to win and do not hesitate.

Any way, martial law has been used in the past and it only effected certain areas of our nation and not the whole nation. I can see history repeating itself in short order at election time, with riots probably just before election time, in an effort to intimidate Trump voters into not showing up. That's the way liberals work.

Minnesotastan... probably a candidate for early imposition/trial of ML, perhaps in rspones to sharia imposition/resistance.

A few ghetto areas (small and not bad, compared with other places).

But... Somalis and other Muslims that have been settled here reside all over the place, not just bad areas. Where they move into/live has been very carefully orchestrated to ensure TPTB stay in power and can expand during current/future elections. Ilhan Omar is a great example of the political philosophy

In other countries, the Muslims multiplied enough and moved into areas strategically so they could elect Muslims to local offices. Eventually there become enough to enact sharia in some areas. Eventually, higher offices, and eventually they take over large areas/the country and impose sharia. Well planned and rehearsed... enough that they have necessary resources and have/can resources to those that oppose them.

They brought their culture with them, which includes sharia, taqqiya, crime, gangs, oppression/assaulting of women (including non-Muslim women), child marriage, FMG, etc., etc., etc. And they adopted American gang tactics that *work* to accomplish criminal/other nefarious purposes
The Following User Says Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post: