Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 467 08-16-2019 04:54 PM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 07-18-2019 04:19 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 96 06-22-2019 03:28 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 03:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 09:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 08:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-03-2009 12:54 AM

Old 10-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,651 Times in 6,386 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
All Too Typical :

---------------------------------------------------

WeenyKid-666

Honest to gosh, I swear on my iPadís battery that this story is true. One day while on vacation from my job as a Navy seal instructor, I was camping at my grandpopís old cabin located exactly at the north magnetic pole. My girlfriend was with me and we wanted to celebrate the two of us just having graduated from high school last month. So we packed up lots of food and protection. For food we brought plenty of panda bear jerky and dehydrated water. For my protection I brought my Navy-issue full auto Barrett carbine with a 9th generation starlight scope and Amazonís best close-quarters combat flashlight, complete with a dozen cases of 50 caliber depleted uranium explosive hollow point ammo. For her protection she brought a case of Trojans, triple extra large. No brag, just fact. We both wanted to travel light. I had borrowed a Blackhawk helicopter from a friend in special forces to get us there. Leaving on a Friday afternoon, we touched down just before sunset and noticed moving figures in the misty swamp a hundred yards or so in the distance. After settling in, I did the only sensible thing. I went out in the dark to check out the swamp armed with my trusty Barrett and my manhood. My woman at the cabin wisely decided to keep tabs on me by setting up her ouija board. Dashing through the snow toward the swamp I was quickly surrounded by what could only be multiple Bigfoots (NOT Bigfeet, that would be sooo politically incorrect). Nine foot tall each with glowing purple eyes, they were a sight to chill any man. Except me. I cocked the hammer back on my full auto Barrett and pulled the trigger. JAM!!! Dang I had forgotten to lube the thing! Fortunately, my woman with her ouija board was able to contact a nearby alien spacecraft that zeroed in on my location from the radioactive emanations of my depleted uranium bullets. They arrived just in time for me to be lifted into the sky by a flying saucerís tractor beam. On the way home, they also picked up my woman and dropped her off at her parentís house. It was important that she be at her job Monday morning at the local McDingles hamburger joint, so that she could keep her promise to pay for the Blackhawk helicopter we had left behind. What a woman! Even though she is my cousin, Iíll stay with her through thick and thin (or at least until the Blackhawk is paid for). Hope you enjoyed my recollection of this creepy outdoor story. I have dozens more to tell!

Weeny

I call BS everyone knows that UfOs and Bigfoot are in cahoots.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 01:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,651 Times in 6,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio's ghost View Post
A couple years ago I was glassing w/a spotting scope while deer hunting. In the upper right hand area I was glassing I could see a rainbow colored shape in the sky, shaped like a jellyfish. You could see through it like a rainbow. I didnt pay much attention to it as I thought it was a smudge of oil or something on the lens.
When i stopped glassing I looked up from the scope and was surprised to see I could still see it.

It was very far away, probably 15-20 miles or so floating over a small range of mountains. I didnt really have anything to compare it to sizewise, but it must have been huge to be naked eye visible that far away.
I put the scope back on it and watched it for about 10 minutes when it disappeared behind the mountains. It moved very slowly with no turns, just drifting along. Like you I looked it up and found that "sky jellyfish" sightings are pretty common and was able to find some pictures online that looked just like it.
It wasnt scary, just strange. I dont think it was a craft of some kind, I think it was alive.
could it have been a sun dog?
Old 10-04-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppapa View Post
[quote

could it have been a sun dog?
No. Not a cloud in the sky, temp around 80į. Not a sprite or ball lightning or anything else I'm aware of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2019, 09:54 AM

My fil had been telling me about a pond he often stops to fish at on his way home from work. Once while there he hears something coming stops thinking it was a deer and watches, come out of the woods and nothing. Except the grass parting and then gravel crunching as it crossed the road and then the grass on the other side parting. Week later he takes my mother in law and behind the pond is a dead doe with no visible injuries and Midway up from it's neck forward the hide was gone. Completely gone with a clean edge around it's neck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arkiemtnhntr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2019, 09:44 PM
Wayfinder

Whether it makes me popular or not here goes: the guys who have a half dozen almost unbelievable stories are almost certainly frauds deceiving people for their own amusement. 1 OK, 2 maybe, 3 ehhhh, 4 you're looking pretty lame, 5 you're almost certainly a fraud, 6 I'm beginning to get annoyed at you for ruining a good thread, 7 you live in your mama's basement and everything you say is a smirking lie.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Whether it makes me popular or not here goes: the guys who have a half dozen almost unbelievable stories are almost certainly frauds deceiving people for their own amusement. 1 OK, 2 maybe, 3 ehhhh, 4 you're looking pretty lame, 5 you're almost certainly a fraud, 6 I'm beginning to get annoyed at you for ruining a good thread, 7 you live in your mama's basement and everything you say is a smirking lie.
Some people are more easily creeped out than others. Just yesterday, I was in my yard, the woods come right up to the yard, I heard something moving through the trees coming towards me. I saw the limbs moving in the trees as it approached, but it was invisible. It had to be big as all the trees it was disturbing were moving in a large swath. The trees ahead and behind it were not moving though as it approached. It passed right over and moved on. Really freaked me out. Maybe it was a cloaked UFO.
No it was the wind. Sometimes the rational explanations are easy to see and sometimes not. Some people come up with the rational explanations more easily or maybe I thought the rational explanation I came up with was right, but it really was a cloaked UFO.

The thing that irritates me about this thread the most is that I'm pretty sure some of the stories are made up. I'd rather read real accounts, but how can you prove it or truly sort them.
I still read the thread though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rsutter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 10:30 PM
Wayfinder

This thread started out as the best on the forum, but gradually devolved into the same people posting over and over and over, without them ever realizing that their credibility is gone. Such a shame for such a worthy thread. I have, however, modified my views on many of the subjects. UFOs unquestionably exist. Just too many credible videos and sightings from respectable normal people to astronauts to write them off as all fakes. Bigfoot? I could believe in the possibility of a few large hairy ape-like creatures, especially in the far north woods. However, the TOTAL absence of any live captures, dead bodies, or even just 8 foot+ skeletons just won't let my brain believe. Demons? As a Christian I certainly believe in demons due to numerous biblical accounts of them. Christ in his journeys cast them out in lotsa places. And it doesn't seem likely that they would all choose to hang out in Israel. I just don't know much about their practical limitations in this world. Ghosts? Although I couldn't see him allowing the lost that privilege, maybe the Lord allows the righteous dead to linger a while if they choose. I could also believe the "time shift" theory of weak spots in the space-time fabric briefly permitting inconsequential mixing of past events touching the present. Certainly there is much more to the universe than we know.

But when I go deep into the woods what do I really fear?
In numerical order:

#4 Mountain Lions. Officially none in WV, but those game cameras in KY?
#3 Bears. A big black bear could make me his supper if I didn't carry a 454 Casull Magnum revolver loaded with six 360 grain solids. Able to make big holes completely through any living thing in America. Low odds, though.
#2 Snakes. Copperheads and timber rattlers. Everywhere. Creepy. I carry a double barrel shotgun for them (not to mention the bears). and finally...
#1 Evil people habitating the deep woods who would sneak up on innocents and murder them. Whether ragged insane types who perpetually shun human contact (see my Hunky John story!), or just marginally sociable uncaught psychopaths who like to wander the woods and when opportunity permits play out their fantasies. That's what scares me the most. I comfort myself in Psalms 23, and the thought that armed as I am, if I stay alert, I am likely the deadliest creature in the woods.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 08:59 PM
democrats = Hydra

Thanked 9,409 Times in 3,640 Posts

pretty good watchout list

I hear stories about wanderers that run across dope fields / meth labs with watchers and it doesn't end well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailorsam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
This thread started out as the best on the forum, but gradually devolved into the same people posting over and over and over, without them ever realizing that their credibility is gone. Such a shame for such a worthy thread. I have, however, modified my views on many of the subjects. UFOs unquestionably exist. Just too many credible videos and sightings from respectable normal people to astronauts to write them off as all fakes. Bigfoot? I could believe in the possibility of a few large hairy ape-like creatures, especially in the far north woods. However, the TOTAL absence of any live captures, dead bodies, or even just 8 foot+ skeletons just won't let my brain believe. Demons? As a Christian I certainly believe in demons due to numerous biblical accounts of them. Christ in his journeys cast them out in lotsa places. And it doesn't seem likely that they would all choose to hang out in Israel. I just don't know much about their practical limitations in this world. Ghosts? Although I couldn't see him allowing the lost that privilege, maybe the Lord allows the righteous dead to linger a while if they choose. I could also believe the "time shift" theory of weak spots in the space-time fabric briefly permitting inconsequential mixing of past events touching the present. Certainly there is much more to the universe than we know.

But when I go deep into the woods what do I really fear?
In numerical order:

#4 Mountain Lions. Officially none in WV, but those game cameras in KY?
#3 Bears. A big black bear could make me his supper if I didn't carry a 454 Casull Magnum revolver loaded with six 360 grain solids. Able to make big holes completely through any living thing in America. Low odds, though.
#2 Snakes. Copperheads and timber rattlers. Everywhere. Creepy. I carry a double barrel shotgun for them (not to mention the bears). and finally...
#1 Evil people habitating the deep woods who would sneak up on innocents and murder them. Whether ragged insane types who perpetually shun human contact (see my Hunky John story!), or just marginally sociable uncaught psychopaths who like to wander the woods and when opportunity permits play out their fantasies. That's what scares me the most. I comfort myself in Psalms 23, and the thought that armed as I am, if I stay alert, I am likely the deadliest creature in the woods.
I worry about the biggest killers: gravity and exposure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 10:03 AM
American by Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
I worry about the biggest killers: gravity and exposure.
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
The Following User Says Thank You to MBI For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 06:41 AM
VIP Member

Gravity is a harsh mistress.

Grok.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorsam View Post
pretty good watchout list

I hear stories about wanderers that run across dope fields / meth labs with watchers and it doesn't end well.
I got both of my degrees at VA Tech, beautiful part of the country and I spent much of my time in the mountains of SW VA, W VA and NC. More than once we were on multi-day hikes and ran across moonshine still setups that were operational - some of these had multiple stills and were covered with camouflage netting. I always got the hell out of there as quick as possible, some of those bigger setups prob produced a fair amount of income and I did not want the owners finding me poking around.

It is a most creepy feeling trying to put a few quick miles between you and a hidden moonshine factory especially if dark is coming, you think something is following you and turn around and it was just a rabbit or a deer stepping on a twig, lol.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZippyTheWonderPig For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinshooter View Post
Anyone have any stories about southwest PA?
The Chestnut Ridge area of the Laurel Mountains are supposed to be a pretty active area for bigfoot and other phenomena.
I spent a bit of time there 20 years ago but never experienced anything.
I live on Chestnut Ridge and haven’t experienced anything unusual. Aside from the ufo by Kecksburg.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMG View Post
I live on Chestnut Ridge and havenít experienced anything unusual. Aside from the ufo by Kecksburg.
Beautiful Area. I'd like to get back down there sometime.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Interesting Fellow

I have said this for years since I first started reading here 6 years ago on Christmas break from college as i drank brisk, ate beef jerky and read these stories for days - this is the greatest page on the internet and I have years of catching up to read. I haven't visited for years so when I visited the page on my phone the site layout was much simplified and the "thanks" underneath posts were not there. I panicked and thought this forum was changing or getting reduced but I see now on my computer all is still well. Please never change how this forum is, this page means a lot to me

And coincidentally I have a story of my own that happened a couple years ago camping which I'll add soon. I just had to say never change this page or site cause I tell plenty of people about it and say go google it. Some of the stories stuck with me I daydream about sometimes. This thread is important and never disable the thanks feature
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slugvivor For This Useful Post:
Old Today, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugvivor View Post
I have said this for years since I first started reading here 6 years ago on Christmas break from college as i drank brisk, ate beef jerky and read these stories for days - this is the greatest page on the internet and I have years of catching up to read. I haven't visited for years so when I visited the page on my phone the site layout was much simplified and the "thanks" underneath posts were not there. I panicked and thought this forum was changing or getting reduced but I see now on my computer all is still well. Please never change how this forum is, this page means a lot to me

And coincidentally I have a story of my own that happened a couple years ago camping which I'll add soon. I just had to say never change this page or site cause I tell plenty of people about it and say go google it. Some of the stories stuck with me I daydream about sometimes. This thread is important and never disable the thanks feature

Similarly, I'm a big fan of the thread too.
I've read it back to front and regularly dip into random pages and read them again.
Based just outside a northern English city, i've not got much outdoors creepiness to contribute, but your stories and hugely appreciated, please keep them coming.
The Following User Says Thank You to England For This Useful Post: