Law Enforcement in The Woods - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you consider this unconstitutional? CJ64421 Firearms General Discussion 122 02-22-2019 06:04 PM
Making the Jews Jealous? Eddie_T Religious Discussion 121 01-27-2018 03:28 PM
PUTIN "Liquidate Terrorists on the Spot" hoplite59 General Discussion 95 01-08-2018 04:23 PM
Why do Christians love death? Reality Begins Religious Discussion 132 11-16-2016 08:47 PM
Salvation and redemption tortminder Religious Discussion 2 10-26-2016 08:55 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Mr Seven's Avatar
Mr Seven Mr Seven is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Monterrey Bay
Posts: 813
Thanks: 763
Thanked 963 Times in 451 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
No argument there. Itís not the wilderness by my standards either. Certainly is the woods though.
I don't mean it as an insult, so I hope you don't take it that way. I had to do a few S&R jobs when I was stationed out in WSMR because I was a bit of a desert rat back in those days. None of those times resulted in a happily ever after, and a couple instances still bother me, so I get a little "triggered" when people talk about their plans to just go into the open wilderness.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 05:34 PM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,315
Thanks: 2,683
Thanked 17,926 Times in 7,520 Posts
Default

Let's suppose someone ask for money not to day something true or untrue about the President. That is blackmail. That is a crime.

Let's say they were paid so the bad publicity would not harm his elections. That is not a crime so long as campaign fund were not used.

Since Trump financed his own campaign, exactly were is the crime?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Debx36's Avatar
Debx36 Debx36 is offline
Shotgunner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 817
Thanks: 1,360
Thanked 1,011 Times in 454 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Let's suppose someone ask for money not to day something true or untrue about the President. That is blackmail. That is a crime.

Let's say they were paid so the bad publicity would not harm his elections. That is not a crime so long as campaign fund were not used.

Since Trump financed his own campaign, exactly were is the crime?
Wat
Wat
Wat
Wat
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Debx36 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Gator Monroe Gator Monroe is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,045
Thanks: 4,038
Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts
Default

If it’s all gone down , you won’t see a Ranger , Cop , National Guardsmen , Union rep ... on the clock or on the job in the Wilderness .
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 05:50 PM
franklin franklin is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eastern US
Posts: 6,967
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debx36 View Post
Since I've been prepping, and im sure for decades before, people to say to head for the woods when shtf. Either to bug out there or transport through them to another bol and the like.

What if the police and government know that thought process and put in place forces to specifically grab the prepper types? Or even other preppers trying to take preppers out and the like. It almost seems like a fish in the barrel situation for me. Just a random thought I've had today. Definitely damned if ya do and damned if ya dont. Its why I've kind of molded my plans to base around bugging in initially and then going out. Let the **** die down
They don't need to go to the woods to get these people. 90% have never spent a night in the woods, let alone months. Within 5 days they will be coming back out. If there is any government left a this point they will simply will simply be loading them on busses and take them to the nearest FEMA camp.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:52 PM
franklin franklin is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eastern US
Posts: 6,967
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Let's suppose someone ask for money not to day something true or untrue about the President. That is blackmail. That is a crime.

Let's say they were paid so the bad publicity would not harm his elections. That is not a crime so long as campaign fund were not used.

Since Trump financed his own campaign, exactly were is the crime?
This was established in the John Edwards case. (The fact that hush payments out of pocket are legal.)

I'll add what I posted in the politics thread. Cohen, as a lawyer, was a contractor for Trump. Even if the hush payment is considered a campaign expense Cohen paid it simply as an expense to be billed back to the client. Since the client was Trump who personally has no campaign spending limit it is totally legal. Defining it otherwise would say most contracots to political campaigns are committing felonies.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 03:01 AM
Hiker72's Avatar
Hiker72 Hiker72 is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central Ohio
Age: 47
Posts: 626
Thanks: 765
Thanked 627 Times in 404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debx36 View Post
We have a saying here in kentucky about "taking people to the backwoods"

Meaning theyll be taken out, beat and left for dead or even worse in the woods here. I fear the country side of my state more than the city side. I can also say this: I live just outside of Cincinnati, oh. I didnt really want a gun until we planned a trip to visit some family down south in ky
My girlfriend has friends and relatives in Kentucky (Paintsville area), and we don't go there unless both of us are armed.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hiker72 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 03:16 AM
Hiker72's Avatar
Hiker72 Hiker72 is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central Ohio
Age: 47
Posts: 626
Thanks: 765
Thanked 627 Times in 404 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debx36 View Post
Since I've been prepping, and im sure for decades before, people to say to head for the woods when shtf. Either to bug out there or transport through them to another bol and the like.

What if the police and government know that thought process and put in place forces to specifically grab the prepper types? Or even other preppers trying to take preppers out and the like. It almost seems like a fish in the barrel situation for me. Just a random thought I've had today. Definitely damned if ya do and damned if ya dont. Its why I've kind of molded my plans to base around bugging in initially and then going out. Let the **** die down

About 12 years ago, there was a scumbag cop-killer that managed to escape from the local jail. For about a week every law enforcement officer in the county was searching the woods, plus support from other counties. And there was lot of tips that came in. Sheriff called off the search after stating they had searched every nook and cranny in the county and stated it was his belief the scumbag had fled the county.

As it turned out, he was holed up inside a shack just outside city limits in a wooded area and stayed there for about 2-3 months until a hunter completely by accident stumbled across it. He watched it for a bit and then he saw the scumbag step outside to get some firewood, recognized him and called the sheriff. Now he had help of course, the shack was built AFTER he escaped, and he had people bringing him supplies.

Locally for the most part I think knowing the wilderness area is more or less dead. There just isn't as many people getting out there. Most of the people that do go hunting are either going to the next county over or hunting on private land (where the scumbag above was squatting on). The law enforcement in the area just don't have the knowledge of where things are at. They might know the roadways pretty good, but that's it.


I think at best you will see roadblocks and maybe patrols along things like train tracks and service roads for power lines and such.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Hiker72 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 04:40 AM
rio nueces rio nueces is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,495
Thanks: 813
Thanked 1,923 Times in 790 Posts
Default

Join a 'militia' of like-minded people, whether you are in city or country. You'll have friends and back-up. Intelligence assets.
It's like work. Give and take. Voluntary association. You will expected to contribute to the group effort, sometimes involving risk. You don't get something for nothing, unless you are a scumbag (universally detested, and soon deceased) or just unnaturally and extremely lucky.
Best chance for 'survival' is with a group, and when you go out (as we all do) you can go out with a bang.
Individuals won't last long.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 04:50 AM
rio nueces rio nueces is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,495
Thanks: 813
Thanked 1,923 Times in 790 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Now that is funny...its exactly how I feel about people who live in cities....real life zombies. Already dead and they don't even know it.
Hey, I live in a city and not everyone living in a city is a zombie, and not everyone living in sparsely settled places is a Saint.
Excuse me now, I must go eat some brains...uh, I mean cereal.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 07:11 AM
franklin franklin is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eastern US
Posts: 6,967
Thanks: 1,687
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,515 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker72 View Post
About 12 years ago, there was a scumbag cop-killer that managed to escape from the local jail. For about a week every law enforcement officer in the county was searching the woods, plus support from other counties. And there was lot of tips that came in. Sheriff called off the search after stating they had searched every nook and cranny in the county and stated it was his belief the scumbag had fled the county.

As it turned out, he was holed up inside a shack just outside city limits in a wooded area and stayed there for about 2-3 months until a hunter completely by accident stumbled across it. He watched it for a bit and then he saw the scumbag step outside to get some firewood, recognized him and called the sheriff. Now he had help of course, the shack was built AFTER he escaped, and he had people bringing him supplies.

Locally for the most part I think knowing the wilderness area is more or less dead. There just isn't as many people getting out there. Most of the people that do go hunting are either going to the next county over or hunting on private land (where the scumbag above was squatting on). The law enforcement in the area just don't have the knowledge of where things are at. They might know the roadways pretty good, but that's it.


I think at best you will see roadblocks and maybe patrols along things like train tracks and service roads for power lines and such.
About 40 years ago a convict escaped from a federal prison near my grandfathers farm. He beat up a guard who was taking him to the hospital for what turned out to be a fake medical issue. The prisoner ran into the mixed woods/farmland in the area. Well the prisoner made one fatal mistake. He escaped the day before small game season where literally hundreds of locals where out in the woods for pheasant, rabbits, and squirrels. About noon some hunters flushed the guy out of a pocket of woods while driving for pheasant. A couple guards came out to get him.

Amazingly the guy supposedly tried to escape again on the way back and the guards killed him. Apparently there weren't any witnesses.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 03:32 PM
Gator Monroe Gator Monroe is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,045
Thanks: 4,038
Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio nueces View Post
Join a 'militia' of like-minded people, whether you are in city or country. You'll have friends and back-up. Intelligence assets.
It's like work. Give and take. Voluntary association. You will expected to contribute to the group effort, sometimes involving risk. You don't get something for nothing, unless you are a scumbag (universally detested, and soon deceased) or just unnaturally and extremely lucky.
Best chance for 'survival' is with a group, and when you go out (as we all do) you can go out with a bang.
Individuals won't last long.
One thing learned in the Balkan Wars ( Small Groups and Individuals Died and Large Well Armed and committed Groups lived )
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2018, 07:56 PM
gorn5150's Avatar
gorn5150 gorn5150 is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Valley, PRK
Posts: 780
Thanks: 3
Thanked 801 Times in 392 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
There are places in Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County where if it all went down and you were lucky enough to be out there you might not see another Human for a Year (If ever again) unless you walked out .
First thing that came to my mind after reading the OP was Trinity/Shasta/Mendocino counties. If you know how to live there it would be a miracle to be found by law enforcement. In a SHTF situation the last place LEO's will be is in the boondocks. The ones that stay on the job will be plenty busy in the cities and towns.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Aerindel's Avatar
Aerindel Aerindel is offline
Abnormality biased.
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Nuevo Alamo
Posts: 5,689
Thanks: 6,911
Thanked 13,376 Times in 4,317 Posts
Default

Quote:
Hey, I live in a city and not everyone living in a city is a zombie, and not everyone living in sparsely settled places is a Saint.
Excuse me now, I must go eat some brains...uh, I mean cereal.
Well, I agree with the second part. Lots of scum out here. I just don't think anyone in a city is going to survive, hence, already dead.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 08:31 PM
hardcalibres hardcalibres is offline
Swirl Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,707
Thanks: 11,473
Thanked 7,068 Times in 2,125 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Well, I agree with the second part. Lots of scum out here..
Agreed - here too....they are everywhere

Quote:
I just don't think anyone in a city is going to survive, hence, already dead
I think your mostly right, in that most will be dead - but there are just so many of them that those (small proportion) that are still around (and end up out in the countryside) will be a real problem.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Aerindel's Avatar
Aerindel Aerindel is offline
Abnormality biased.
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Nuevo Alamo
Posts: 5,689
Thanks: 6,911
Thanked 13,376 Times in 4,317 Posts
Default

Quote:
I think your mostly right, in that most will be dead - but there are just so many of them that those (small proportion) that are still around (and end up out in the countryside) will be a real problem.
Indeed. And by the time they come wandering out they are going to be starving and desperate. No actual way to survive but dangerous to the bitter end. Already dead in essence but still a deadly threat.



Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Redlineshooter Redlineshooter is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 41
Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 6
Thanked 379 Times in 286 Posts
Default

unless you have access to heavy machinery i doubt you will clearing a space to live and that is aprox of 2-3+ miles around the hoestead


Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Redlineshooter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:29 PM
East Coast Woods's Avatar
East Coast Woods East Coast Woods is offline
VA / NC
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mid Atlantic
Posts: 12,688
Thanks: 41,271
Thanked 20,745 Times in 7,683 Posts
Default

Why would the few remaining LEOs even want to block your exit out of their jurisdiction? I’m sure the few remaining on active duty that don’t go to their families would like to have fewer people to worry about.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 11:37 AM
America's Patriot America's Patriot is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,269
Thanks: 3,002
Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
If there were murders of Federal Employees in northeast or East or Southeast Texas between 1928-1940 the the Texas Rangers And State Police and local Sheriffs& Deputies would have found the culprits pronto .
Oh, they did. It was pretty much an all out war. This isn't some hidden knowledge. I think they actually made a special about it. East Texas loved their gambling and boot-legging. Even one of the county Sheriffs was involved in it. Matter of fact, the relentlessness (or ruthlessness??) of the Texas Rangers is what really got it under control. LOL
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net