Law Enforcement in The Woods - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you consider this unconstitutional? CJ64421 Firearms General Discussion 122 02-22-2019 06:04 PM
Making the Jews Jealous? Eddie_T Religious Discussion 121 01-27-2018 03:28 PM
PUTIN "Liquidate Terrorists on the Spot" hoplite59 General Discussion 95 01-08-2018 04:23 PM
Why do Christians love death? Reality Begins Religious Discussion 132 11-16-2016 08:47 PM
Salvation and redemption tortminder Religious Discussion 2 10-26-2016 08:55 PM

Old 08-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Trapper

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
No argument there. Itís not the wilderness by my standards either. Certainly is the woods though.
I don't mean it as an insult, so I hope you don't take it that way. I had to do a few S&R jobs when I was stationed out in WSMR because I was a bit of a desert rat back in those days. None of those times resulted in a happily ever after, and a couple instances still bother me, so I get a little "triggered" when people talk about their plans to just go into the open wilderness.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2018, 05:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,926 Times in 7,520 Posts

Let's suppose someone ask for money not to day something true or untrue about the President. That is blackmail. That is a crime.

Let's say they were paid so the bad publicity would not harm his elections. That is not a crime so long as campaign fund were not used.

Since Trump financed his own campaign, exactly were is the crime?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Shotgunner

Thanked 1,011 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Let's suppose someone ask for money not to day something true or untrue about the President. That is blackmail. That is a crime.

Let's say they were paid so the bad publicity would not harm his elections. That is not a crime so long as campaign fund were not used.

Wat
Wat
Wat
Wat
The Following User Says Thank You to Debx36 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:49 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

If it’s all gone down , you won’t see a Ranger , Cop , National Guardsmen , Union rep ... on the clock or on the job in the Wilderness .
Old 08-22-2018, 05:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debx36 View Post
Since I've been prepping, and im sure for decades before, people to say to head for the woods when shtf. Either to bug out there or transport through them to another bol and the like.

What if the police and government know that thought process and put in place forces to specifically grab the prepper types? Or even other preppers trying to take preppers out and the like. It almost seems like a fish in the barrel situation for me. Just a random thought I've had today. Definitely damned if ya do and damned if ya dont. Its why I've kind of molded my plans to base around bugging in initially and then going out. Let the **** die down
They don't need to go to the woods to get these people. 90% have never spent a night in the woods, let alone months. Within 5 days they will be coming back out. If there is any government left a this point they will simply will simply be loading them on busses and take them to the nearest FEMA camp.
The Following User Says Thank You to franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post

This was established in the John Edwards case. (The fact that hush payments out of pocket are legal.)

I'll add what I posted in the politics thread. Cohen, as a lawyer, was a contractor for Trump. Even if the hush payment is considered a campaign expense Cohen paid it simply as an expense to be billed back to the client. Since the client was Trump who personally has no campaign spending limit it is totally legal. Defining it otherwise would say most contracots to political campaigns are committing felonies.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:01 AM
Hiker

Quote:
We have a saying here in kentucky about "taking people to the backwoods"

Meaning theyll be taken out, beat and left for dead or even worse in the woods here. I fear the country side of my state more than the city side. I can also say this: I live just outside of Cincinnati, oh. I didnt really want a gun until we planned a trip to visit some family down south in ky
My girlfriend has friends and relatives in Kentucky (Paintsville area), and we don't go there unless both of us are armed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hiker72 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 03:16 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Since I've been prepping, and im sure for decades before, people to say to head for the woods when shtf. Either to bug out there or transport through them to another bol and the like.

What if the police and government know that thought process and put in place forces to specifically grab the prepper types? Or even other preppers trying to take preppers out and the like. It almost seems like a fish in the barrel situation for me. Just a random thought I've had today. Definitely damned if ya do and damned if ya dont. Its why I've kind of molded my plans to base around bugging in initially and then going out. Let the **** die down

About 12 years ago, there was a scumbag cop-killer that managed to escape from the local jail. For about a week every law enforcement officer in the county was searching the woods, plus support from other counties. And there was lot of tips that came in. Sheriff called off the search after stating they had searched every nook and cranny in the county and stated it was his belief the scumbag had fled the county.

As it turned out, he was holed up inside a shack just outside city limits in a wooded area and stayed there for about 2-3 months until a hunter completely by accident stumbled across it. He watched it for a bit and then he saw the scumbag step outside to get some firewood, recognized him and called the sheriff. Now he had help of course, the shack was built AFTER he escaped, and he had people bringing him supplies.

Locally for the most part I think knowing the wilderness area is more or less dead. There just isn't as many people getting out there. Most of the people that do go hunting are either going to the next county over or hunting on private land (where the scumbag above was squatting on). The law enforcement in the area just don't have the knowledge of where things are at. They might know the roadways pretty good, but that's it.

I think at best you will see roadblocks and maybe patrols along things like train tracks and service roads for power lines and such.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hiker72 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 04:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,923 Times in 790 Posts

Join a 'militia' of like-minded people, whether you are in city or country. You'll have friends and back-up. Intelligence assets.
It's like work. Give and take. Voluntary association. You will expected to contribute to the group effort, sometimes involving risk. You don't get something for nothing, unless you are a scumbag (universally detested, and soon deceased) or just unnaturally and extremely lucky.
Best chance for 'survival' is with a group, and when you go out (as we all do) you can go out with a bang.
Individuals won't last long.
The Following User Says Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 04:50 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,923 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Now that is funny...its exactly how I feel about people who live in cities....real life zombies. Already dead and they don't even know it.
Hey, I live in a city and not everyone living in a city is a zombie, and not everyone living in sparsely settled places is a Saint.
Excuse me now, I must go eat some brains...uh, I mean cereal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 07:11 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker72 View Post
About 12 years ago, there was a scumbag cop-killer that managed to escape from the local jail. For about a week every law enforcement officer in the county was searching the woods, plus support from other counties. And there was lot of tips that came in. Sheriff called off the search after stating they had searched every nook and cranny in the county and stated it was his belief the scumbag had fled the county.

As it turned out, he was holed up inside a shack just outside city limits in a wooded area and stayed there for about 2-3 months until a hunter completely by accident stumbled across it. He watched it for a bit and then he saw the scumbag step outside to get some firewood, recognized him and called the sheriff. Now he had help of course, the shack was built AFTER he escaped, and he had people bringing him supplies.

Locally for the most part I think knowing the wilderness area is more or less dead. There just isn't as many people getting out there. Most of the people that do go hunting are either going to the next county over or hunting on private land (where the scumbag above was squatting on). The law enforcement in the area just don't have the knowledge of where things are at. They might know the roadways pretty good, but that's it.

I think at best you will see roadblocks and maybe patrols along things like train tracks and service roads for power lines and such.
About 40 years ago a convict escaped from a federal prison near my grandfathers farm. He beat up a guard who was taking him to the hospital for what turned out to be a fake medical issue. The prisoner ran into the mixed woods/farmland in the area. Well the prisoner made one fatal mistake. He escaped the day before small game season where literally hundreds of locals where out in the woods for pheasant, rabbits, and squirrels. About noon some hunters flushed the guy out of a pocket of woods while driving for pheasant. A couple guards came out to get him.

Amazingly the guy supposedly tried to escape again on the way back and the guards killed him. Apparently there weren't any witnesses.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:32 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio nueces View Post
Join a 'militia' of like-minded people, whether you are in city or country. You'll have friends and back-up. Intelligence assets.
It's like work. Give and take. Voluntary association. You will expected to contribute to the group effort, sometimes involving risk. You don't get something for nothing, unless you are a scumbag (universally detested, and soon deceased) or just unnaturally and extremely lucky.
Best chance for 'survival' is with a group, and when you go out (as we all do) you can go out with a bang.
Individuals won't last long.
One thing learned in the Balkan Wars ( Small Groups and Individuals Died and Large Well Armed and committed Groups lived )
Old 08-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
There are places in Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County where if it all went down and you were lucky enough to be out there you might not see another Human for a Year (If ever again) unless you walked out .
First thing that came to my mind after reading the OP was Trinity/Shasta/Mendocino counties. If you know how to live there it would be a miracle to be found by law enforcement. In a SHTF situation the last place LEO's will be is in the boondocks. The ones that stay on the job will be plenty busy in the cities and towns.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,376 Times in 4,317 Posts

Quote:
Hey, I live in a city and not everyone living in a city is a zombie, and not everyone living in sparsely settled places is a Saint.
Excuse me now, I must go eat some brains...uh, I mean cereal.
Well, I agree with the second part. Lots of scum out here. I just don't think anyone in a city is going to survive, hence, already dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Swirl Herder

Thanked 7,068 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Well, I agree with the second part. Lots of scum out here..
Agreed - here too....they are everywhere

Quote:
I just don't think anyone in a city is going to survive, hence, already dead
I think your mostly right, in that most will be dead - but there are just so many of them that those (small proportion) that are still around (and end up out in the countryside) will be a real problem.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:44 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,376 Times in 4,317 Posts

Quote:
I think your mostly right, in that most will be dead - but there are just so many of them that those (small proportion) that are still around (and end up out in the countryside) will be a real problem.
Indeed. And by the time they come wandering out they are going to be starving and desperate. No actual way to survive but dangerous to the bitter end. Already dead in essence but still a deadly threat.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Hunter

unless you have access to heavy machinery i doubt you will clearing a space to live and that is aprox of 2-3+ miles around the hoestead

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Redlineshooter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:29 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 20,745 Times in 7,683 Posts

Why would the few remaining LEOs even want to block your exit out of their jurisdiction? I’m sure the few remaining on active duty that don’t go to their families would like to have fewer people to worry about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2018, 11:37 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
If there were murders of Federal Employees in northeast or East or Southeast Texas between 1928-1940 the the Texas Rangers And State Police and local Sheriffs& Deputies would have found the culprits pronto .
Oh, they did. It was pretty much an all out war. This isn't some hidden knowledge. I think they actually made a special about it. East Texas loved their gambling and boot-legging. Even one of the county Sheriffs was involved in it. Matter of fact, the relentlessness (or ruthlessness??) of the Texas Rangers is what really got it under control. LOL