Conflicting Floyd autopsy results - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 06-01-2020, 03:18 PM
Survivor

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 4,170 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Conflicting Floyd autopsy results

Advertise Here

Jun 1st 2020 3:35PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An autopsy commissioned for George Floyd’s family found that he died of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression when a Minneapolis police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck for several minutes and ignored his cries of distress, the family’s attorneys said Monday.
The autopsy by a doctor who also examined Eric Garner’s body found the compression cut off blood to Floyd’s brain, and weight on his back made it hard to breathe, attorney Ben Crump said at a news conference.
The family’s autopsy differs from the official autopsy as described in a criminal complaint against the officer. That autopsy included the effects of being restrained, along with underlying health issues and potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system, but also said it found nothing “to support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...sure/24501577/

Will they take 2 out of 3 autopsies? If they go for 4 autopsies it may be a 2 to 2 tie and they will need to go for 3 out of 5.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,422 Times in 864 Posts

I’m shocked. Shocked, I say.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BravoLimaDelta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,352 Times in 4,564 Posts

I suspect the conflicting autopsy was commissioned by the attorney representing Floyd's family. Should we expect honesty when in cases where the family -- and the attorney -- will likely walk away with tens of millions of dollars in the inevitable wrongful death lawsuit against Minneapolis? The family will need a basis for their lawsuit.

It's not hard to find a doctor who will overlook certain facts in a medical exam. Attorneys who sue in auto accidents and social security disability attorneys do it all the time. Autopsies are based upon the opinions of doctors. Opinions do vary for just about everything. Conflicting opinions in these suits are common.

Notice that the family's autopsy mentions nothing of the underlying health problems or potential intoxication from drugs.

It may take another autopsy by an independent group of doctors.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 03:40 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 23,339 Times in 10,333 Posts

A guy knelt on his neck for several minutes and he died. The results of the autopsy don't really manner.

Here's an analogy: You punch a guy in the face and he stumbles back, falls in the ocean and gets eaten by sharks. You still killed him even if the autopsy says the immediate cause of death was not your punch in the face.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 05:51 PM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 11,216 Times in 2,442 Posts

I sat on a murder trial where expert witness testimony was the basis for the charges. Both sides had their experts. It was very obvious that you can hire an "expert" witness to say whatever you pay them to say.

I don't know which medical examiner got it right but I'm not at all surprised if both sides paid for the autopsy results they wanted.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maintenanceguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 45,701 Times in 10,555 Posts

It's going to a court of law, 12 people will undoubtedly judge and the results are..... what they are

There is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it. I know I'm going to sound callous but I don't know this man, nor do I know the cop.

I can only control what I do and say.

Just the other day, I got pulled over. I rolled down my window, put both hands on the steering wheel and said yes sir and no sir. I was older than the cop (who was black) BTW

It was a defining moment!

I could have said and done things to make it go another way

He didn't even ask me for my license, told me what I did wrong and told me to be more careful and to have a nice day

I told him thank you
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 11,038 Times in 3,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
A guy knelt on his neck for several minutes and he died. The results of the autopsy don't really manner.

Here's an analogy: You punch a guy in the face and he stumbles back, falls in the ocean and gets eaten by sharks. You still killed him even if the autopsy says the immediate cause of death was not your punch in the face.
But if the autopsy says he had dangerous drugs in his system, what I want to know is what he did to trigger the low life cop that killed him.

Not because I think the cop did the right thing, but because I want to know the rest of the story.

If (for instance) the bad cop got racked, and was overpowered,
then regained the upper hand through force of numbers,
it may give us a clue as to why he rested on the guys neck for a
while.

Just a question to ….. anyone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,352 Times in 4,564 Posts

We still do not know how or why Floyd ended up pinned to the ground. Something happened that they are not telling us. I haven't even heard a story from any one of numerous witnesses. We need to see the body cam videos.

Floyd had carotid artery blockage and suffered from hypertension. Those are the underlying health issues that contributed to his death. If will be interesting to see if he was doped up on top of this.

Whether the second autopsy is accurate or not, Floyd's family had to come up with autopsy results that contradicted the official autopsy. If they didn't, they wouldn't have a lawsuit. Follow the money.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 06:52 PM
living in the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
We still do not know how or why Floyd ended up pinned to the ground. Something happened that they are not telling us. I haven't even heard a story from any one of numerous witnesses. We need to see the body cam videos.
From what I have read it is alleged that Floyd refused to get into the police cruiser because he said he was claustrophobic. He resisted and dropped to the ground. A you see it takes 3 officers to restrain him.
That is as much as I can tell from the complete video from the restaurant video.
When Floyd was removed from his vehicle it took two officers to get him cuffed due to resisting. You see Floyd drop to the ground after being cuffed. Resisting or under the influence...??

Waiting for all the FBI investigation details and unredacted body cam video to be released

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3Jfamily For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Jr. Member; Sr. Body

Thanked 3,726 Times in 571 Posts

....complains of being claustrophobic when told to get into the police vehicle, but was driving a big SUV; curious stuff.

If the family of Floyd wasn't able to get a pronouncement of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression after their commissioned autopsy, I'd question it; i.e. I'd expect conflicting conclusions. As previously mentioned, that's what paid experts are for. All part of the process.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old_code For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 09:34 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_code View Post
If the family of Floyd wasn't able to get a pronouncement of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression after their commissioned autopsy, I'd question it; i.e. I'd expect conflicting conclusions. As previously mentioned, that's what paid experts are for. All part of the process.
The county Medical Examiner says Mr. Floyd’s death was homicide.

Quote:
Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression
Manner of death: Homicide
How injury occurred: Decedent experienced a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer(s)
https://content.govdelivery.com/atta...206.1.2020.pdf
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Generator Wrangler

Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,191 Posts

Cardiopulmonary arrest? That's a heart attack. One symptom of a heart attack is shortness of breath (can't breath).

From the county autopsy:

"Other significant conditions: Arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease;
fentanyl intoxication; recent methamphetamine use."

He had heart disease, was high on fentanyl, and was a meth user.

The cop will plead this down to manslaughter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2020, 09:57 PM

Fortunately there are multiple videos from multiple angles that show a handcuffed man stating he could not breathe. I don't really care what resistance, if any, Mr. Floyd displayed previously. A sadistic cop killed this guy. End of.

The two autopsies agree with each other is many important ways; the death was a homicide with police restraint.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,832 Posts

Ever since I saw that vid, I have wanted to know exactly how Floyd managed to continuing saying that he couldn't breathe over and over. Where did the oxygen he was using to talk come from if he could not inhale? He may have thought he couldn't breathe, but obviously he was breathing.

I was once deprived of oxygen for a few seconds in hospital and all I could manage to do was reach for my throat when the nurse just happened to walk toward me. She asked what was wrong and I had just enough breath left to say, "can't breathe", once and when I tried to inhale again, I couldn't. She then moved something in my throat and I was able to breathe again. There was no way I could have spoken a second time, not even two words.

Floyd was obviously in distress but he was on the ground for almost 9 minutes and he was talking up to the last 3 minutes so obviously he was able to inhale. What was going on there? Maybe a medical person or a cop who has been trained in that way of controlling a suspect could give the best answer to this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 01:03 AM
Gumpherhooberpelt

Thanked 8,754 Times in 2,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Fortunately there are multiple videos from multiple angles that show a handcuffed man stating he could not breathe.
And you never, ever heard of suspects pretending illness, or going limp, or screaming in faux pain, to interfere with the arrest...
Just blame the officer.
But
If someone cannot breathe, how can they talk?
(A choking victim, in need of a Heimlich, doesn't say "I can't breathe.")
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jetgraphics For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 01:40 AM
Prepared

It's easy to determine what happened. Just find four of your 200+ lb friends and relatives. After they tie your hands behind your back, have three of them sit on your back while the remainder kneels on your neck for ten minutes.
Even better, set up a betting pool where people get to place bets on how much time will pass before you start begging the guys to get off you. Even better, set up the whole thing as a Youtube video. I weigh about two thirty and I'd like to volunteer to kneel on your neck. I'll guarantee that I won't remove my knee before ten minutes has passed, even if you beg me to, call for your mother, or claim that you can't breathe. I'll even wear ear plugs so I can't hear you beg.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:53 AM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 36,680 Times in 14,469 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

I would have assumed that they would label it a COVID19 death.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 63,054 Times in 21,201 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Jun 1st 2020 3:35PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An autopsy commissioned for George Floyd’s family found that he died of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression when a Minneapolis police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck for several minutes and ignored his cries of distress, the family’s attorneys said Monday.
The autopsy by a doctor who also examined Eric Garner’s body found the compression cut off blood to Floyd’s brain, and weight on his back made it hard to breathe, attorney Ben Crump said at a news conference.
The family’s autopsy differs from the official autopsy as described in a criminal complaint against the officer. That autopsy included the effects of being restrained, along with underlying health issues and potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system, but also said it found nothing “to support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...sure/24501577/

Will they take 2 out of 3 autopsies? If they go for 4 autopsies it may be a 2 to 2 tie and they will need to go for 3 out of 5.

Minorities are allowed to pick and choose their "truths." Keep the convenient and toss the rest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 12:38 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Minorities are allowed to pick and choose their "truths." Keep the convenient and toss the rest.
Both autopsies agree Mr. Floyd died by homicide effected a knee to the neck. They only disagree on whether his heart or his lungs failed first.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,316 Times in 2,637 Posts

[QUOTE=HomeDefense;20349680]

It's not hard to find a doctor who will overlook certain facts in a medical exam. Attorneys who sue in auto accidents and social security disability attorneys do it all the time. Autopsies are based upon the opinions of doctors. Opinions do vary for just about everything. Conflicting opinions in these suits are common.

Notice that the family's autopsy mentions nothing of the underlying health problems or potential intoxication from drugs.

Having worked year at Social Security Disability, I would never believe a medical report provided by an attorney ( my son has his juris doctorate). Doctors can be bought and sold. Also you don't know the specialty of the doctor, could have been an OB GYN? A non medical doctor as a chiropractor or PHD in english literature? Look at the medical issues drugs and underlying medical conditions. The arrest most likely only set the stage, the deceased arranged everything. Cause and effect. Bottom line, we are better off without this criminal.
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post: