Protests, Riots, Looting - All threads Merged Here - Page 52 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 05-31-2020, 01:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,623 Times in 2,501 Posts

Advertise Here

I don't think the security guard had a rifle, he collected both that were stolen from pd cars by antifa.
Seattle has some slick private security. Didn't know news media hired them but there are a lot of very rich people here that have needs.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2020, 01:46 AM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
I just seen a vid of a cop being dragged through the streets in Chicago.

I think this has gone on long enough. It's starting to look like Somalia in our country right now.

As expected, it's inner city hoodrats causing this mess. I could definitely get behind a lock down on major cities..
I'm guessing this is the one you saw. There is a lot of "white privilege" in the video it looks like. The reality is the problem children are not just one demographic, although predominantly they are young. Of course I'll bet most of them voted for either Bernie or Hillary in 2016.

Edit: Original video disappeared off of YouTube
Old 05-31-2020, 02:23 AM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 5,182 Times in 1,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade of Events View Post
No cops in Fargo were shot. That was Grand Forks.
Ok, Grand Forks, Fargo thanks for the clarification.

I'm still waiting for your links you posted about the KKK marches. Maybe you can dig up some quotes about my "racist posts" since I have a "Long standing history" of it. I'm energetically waiting, please let these forums know m transgressions. I want to know about all those KKK marches you spoke about from your "Intel" because it's relevant here to the thread topic of rioting. Please tell us where you got that "Intel" from that's not yet published? I would think if you are publishing it here the cat is out of the bag right?
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 02:46 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,790 Times in 672 Posts

In Ukraine, Egypt and Libya, the deep state instigated "color revolutions" to topple the governments and destroy the states.
In USA, the same suspects instigate race riots to topple the government and destroy the state..

Its obvious for anyone with eyes to see!
The Following User Says Thank You to Elvin Moseid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 03:11 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 81,831 Times in 23,757 Posts

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 04:04 AM
Daughter OfThe Revolution

Thanked 110,749 Times in 27,239 Posts

Santa Rosa, Ca PD now calling for mutual aide from all surrounding depts. They shut down the hwy earlier. I’m 30 miles North and unable to sleep.

They try to capture this truck. Linked. The photos are the freeway.

www.facebook.com/100000256686577/videos/3329261760425681/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9151AFBF-AA11-4617-9F69-54A00330A180.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	304670   Click image for larger version

Name:	D44EEBCA-996F-42CE-A540-69DE8DC5E630.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	304672  
Old 05-31-2020, 04:15 AM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
Santa Rosa, Ca PD now calling for mutual aide from all surrounding depts. They shut down the hwy earlier. I’m 30 miles North and unable to sleep.

They try to capture this truck.

www.facebook.com/100000256686577/videos/3329261760425681/
The video link didn't work it seems. I'm kind of surprised they are calling for help now. It looked like stuff is winding down for the night all over.

Stay safe there and hopefully all quiets down.

Edit to add: Ok, now it worked. That looked like ****show.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 04:39 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,010 Times in 278 Posts

Working near downtown Mpls in security tonight. Good night for us so far. Only problems were a group down the street armed with axes and batons, we were not sure if they were rioters or people protecting their hood. This is Cedar/Riverside (little Mogadishu). They are still there now so we think they are protecting their apartment building. We have had zero problems with the Somalis on our street here. We had some looting the last few days but we were locked down tight so made it ok. We also have national guard here helping now as of 0300 and that should keep anyone away that shouldn't be here.

I scoped out the city from the 13th floor earlier in the night and the guard and fire department were doing an amazing job. I would see big clouds of smoke start to go up for a few minutes and then all of a sudden it was gone, fire department was putting them out faster than they could start them.

The highways being shut down on short notice was problematic for our staff getting in but we got by.

ETA - Much of what we have seen here in Mpls was instigated directly by Antifa. There is absolutely no doubt of that. There was a vid going around here locally showing the first guy breaking a window on Lake and it was a white boy with a black umbrella wearing a gas mask. He was confronted by a black guy who was like WTF. Dude threatens the black guy and walks off. Pure antifa tactic. Instigate and disappear. Tonight we heard from a neighborhood watch by 22nd and Nicollet of a group of 50 antifa dressed in all black wearing riot gear with batons and helmets. Not sure what happened with them after that report came out.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to powderandprimers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 AM

I also saw the video, I concur that the officer kneeling on the man's throat probably should be charged with murder (depending on cause of death) or a lesser assault charge, and the others face charges for failing to provide for the welfare of a person in custody, or similar.

I'm from Australia, and I find the pent up anger expressed by crowds in different cities amazing. It would appear that the protests are being hijacked by those with other agenda's, and that your Police are ineffective in integrating themselves into the peaceful protestors, to prevent the violent hijacking of protests.

The destruction of public property is amazing. The right to protest is one of the rights that mark an open civilisation; where that protest becomes an attack on public, or private, property, or someone chooses to do some sort of criminal action, then it is no longer a protest.

The use of force by some Police is amazing, including arresting/detaining (same thing) reporters?

It has also got me stuffed why people would attack fire fighters?

As I said, standing on the outside, looking in... is mind bending. I am aware that it is undoubtedly sensationalized by media; with the larger population those participating would be a small fraction of the population of America, however, combined with the death toll from coronavirus there, and the increased risk that these large gathering are creating... it is concerning, and a very poor image to be projecting, at a time when other countries are looking to rise and supplant the US.

I find even the original vision of the Police officer kneeling on the neck of the handcuffed person such unreasonable force as to be unbelievable (I am a former Police operational skills instructor, here).

Australia, New Zealand, and America, share many characteristics (including political stupidity) but I struggle to envision such wide spread carnage, across multiple cities, in our neck of the woods. I do hope everyone stays safe, that the violence calms down, that people deal with this reasonably, because society, our relationships with each other, is really all we have.

I would also hope that your systems deals with those who use such force, in an unjustified way, including the Police.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Australian410hunter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nveagle View Post
I want to start my post with a bit of background on me so you understand what my statements are based off of.

I am retiring June 28 with 25 years as in law enforcement. I am a POST (Peace Officers Standards and Training) instructor in Use of Force, Restraints, Taser, ASP, PR24, Cell Extractions, Riot tactics, Firearms, Chemical Agents, Flashbangs, Hand Held Munitions, 40mm Launchers as well as others.

Please do not paint all LEO's with the same brush. Yes we have bad apples just like every other group does. The vast majority of LEO's do not tolerate those that use excessive force.

What I seen on the video was murder. The Officer was in a prone cuffing position but purposely had his legs in the opposite position from which is taught. If the Officer is on the subjects left as in the video the Officers right knee should have been on the subjects hips and his left knee on the ground against the subjects left forearm. It is a very specific thing that we teach Officers not to place a knee on the subjects neck or even their shoulder due to what you seen in the video. Again, what you seen goes against standard practice, it is not what is taught. Watch the Officers right foot, it is moving, that tells me all his weight (or a good portion of it) is on the subjects neck.

I have been in many use of force (UOF) situations and they are stressful and dangerous, but, when the cuffs go on and the subject is no longer resisting, the fight is over. What he did prior to what is seen on the video is irrelevant. Once the subject complies or is under control the UOF stops.

Most of the Officers out there are professionals. Unfortunately it is ones like these Officers that give the rest of us a bad name.

No matter what happened I can not justify the actions of the rioters. There is a difference between a protest and a riot. I have seen protests and have led a riot line. There is no excuse for committing the crimes I see during these riots just like there is no excuse for what the Officer did.
I am a retired POST Police Trainer in Australia (one of the first for Queensland). I totally concur with the above retired officer's statements. This WAS excessive force used during, after, an arrest was effected; it was NOT necessary. Most Police, in most jurisdictions, across the world, use force, but no more than necessary to achieve the objective. Their 'weapon of choice' is often simply talking to people.

I find the actions of those rioting as amazing behaviour; the right to peaceful protest is something that exists in a democracy. The right to riot, to assault, to damage, and destroy, does not.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:10 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,215 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian410hunter View Post
I also saw the video, I concur that the officer kneeling on the man's throat probably should be charged with murder (depending on cause of death) or a lesser assault charge, and the others face charges for failing to provide for the welfare of a person in custody, or similar.

I'm from Australia, and I find the pent up anger expressed by crowds in different cities amazing. It would appear that the protests are being hijacked by those with other agenda's, and that your Police are ineffective in integrating themselves into the peaceful protestors, to prevent the violent hijacking of protests.

The destruction of public property is amazing. The right to protest is one of the rights that mark an open civilisation; where that protest becomes an attack on public, or private, property, or someone chooses to do some sort of criminal action, then it is no longer a protest.

The use of force by some Police is amazing, including arresting/detaining (same thing) reporters?

As I said, standing on the outside, looking in... is mind bending. I am aware that it is undoubtedly sensationalized by media; with the larger population those participating would be a small fraction of the population of America, however, combined with the death toll from coronavirus there, and the increased risk that these large gathering are creating... it is concerning, and a very poor image to be projecting, at a time when other countries are looking to rise and supplant the US.

I find even the original vision of the Police officer kneeling on the neck of the handcuffed person such unreasonable force as to be unbelievable (I am a former Police operational skills instructor, here).

Australia, New Zealand, and America, share many characteristics (including political stupidity) but I struggle to envision such wide spread carnage, across multiple cities, in our neck of the woods. I do hope everyone stays safe, that the violence calms down, that people deal with this reasonably, because society, our relationships with each other, is really all we have.

I would also hope that your systems deals with those who use such force, in an unjustified way, including the Police.
The actions of the cop where condemned from about everyone. Procedure was followed, charges were filed after the prelim report returned. The system was working.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the death of that man. It's subculture agitators using that as a veil to terrorize the public and weak government officials too scared of looking racist to protect the people.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to devron For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 05:12 AM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 14,424 Times in 6,215 Posts

'Honest Journalist' is an oxymoron.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 05:21 AM
Prepared

If we had Hillary instead of Trump would we even be talking about riots or would they be so content they'd be happy and screaming from the rooftops how good she has handled things? (Even if she didn't handle things) Would Hillary have even ALLOWED Covid 19 in to begin with or would she have been more proactive and warned us/lock the borders down sooner if nothing more then to protect her ass on TV unlike Trump's slow SLOW response that only under mined his support? (Besides Trump-A-Holics that are like the polar opposite of Hillary supporters)
Old 05-31-2020, 05:25 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
Once he was cuffed not sure why they couldn't have just put him in the cruiser. Kneeling on the neck for 5 minutes or whatever it was seemed pretty unnecessary. I think they'll definitely face murder/manslaughter charges given the public reaction but I doubt any convictions will come about cause that's usually how these things go.
Couldn't they have just hog tied him so he wasn't going anywhere? Once in those hog ties YOUR TIED GOOD!!!!
Old 05-31-2020, 05:30 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
I'll wait until we hear the full story before I pass judgement. There is more to this story than what we know right now. Was he trying to bite the cops? Was he spitting at them? Was he unusually strong when he resisted arrest?

If you ever saw the full version of the Rodney King video (I only saw it one time) that was used in court, it tells a very different story than the edited version the media used. The cops were attacked by King, who was a very big guy, and who appeared to be intoxicated. He refused to stay down. They did follow proper protocol to subdue him. And there were no broken bones, as his attorney claimed.

Remember the way the media portrayed the hands-up, don't shoot Michael Brown story? Witnesses told a very different story than the media and Black Lives Matter.

The video makes it look like the cops were torturing George Floyd, but did they continue to subdue him because he continued to resist?
Crap! You just made 95 percent of the people's heads on here explode like this! (Review Tech USA) Don't watch the show it's stupid just see the intro)
Old 05-31-2020, 05:33 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
I watched the video. There are gaps, so it doesn't tell me much other than he resisted arrest.

I cannot hear what he was saying. Was he threatening to kill the cops as soon as he got up? That would not be unusual for some black folk. That would also be a reason for the cops to continue to subdue him.

The cops were called for "attempted forgery," whatever that means. I suspect it means he was trying to pass a stolen check using a fake ID. When we lived in Minneapolis, my wife had her checkbook and driver's license stolen. The thieves successfully passed 21 checks before someone noticed that the driver's license photo had been altered.

I've found that there are usually two very different stories with these incidents - the truth and the story pushed by the liberal media. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are likely to jump in with their BS as soon as things start to calm down. Obama is also in line to incite more problems.
How is he going to kill people in handcuffs? Ever seen a person try to run in handcuffs? Hint: They make a fool of themselves. Another free hint: It's very hillarious to watch! I've only seen a few cases where someone is able to slip handcuffs to the front and drive the police car away but they can't arm themselves in that position. One guy here in Silverton Oregon area stole a Silverton police car back in the early 00s and drove up to Scotts Mills and ran into the hills. They never did find him but it was a big news item. Sadly no helicopters were used. We seem to be anti helicopter.

Seriously all they needed to do was hog tie him and he's done for. In the UK a guy like that would get to ride the van! Instead of going the normal way as UK police cars don't have cages but most prisoners are not unruly but for those that are get a special ride in the drunk van!

The big white vans are specialized to be tamper proof but not for average transport as there aren't very many of them so are used only on extreme cases and are easier to clean up and sanitize.

US Cop cars are AWFUL to clean!
Old 05-31-2020, 06:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,718 Times in 5,650 Posts

It should be easy to find the buses that took these people to the riots. They will be in a parking lot somewhere close by. 4 flat tires later their ride home goes POOF!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 06:42 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,108 Times in 879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian410hunter View Post

Great points, but I think that some of the answers to your questions about US policing might be explained by the fact that pay and working conditions vary across the country, and that the job is particularly thankless for those police forces that deal with largely black and Hispanic inner city areas. As a result, turnover rates for police forces in those areas can be very high, and I suspect that a larger than average proportion of the police who remain are of a lower caliber who couldn't get a job elsewhere, whether as police officers or in another field.

While I would suspect far greater police oversight and professionalism in better funded, suburban or overall safer areas that contain a wealthier and more engaged community of citizens/taxpayers, I don't suspect anywhere near the same for an inner city neighbourhood.

I also don't think that the actions of the protesters/rioters has helped. Though I agree that they all retain their rights to due process, I certainly don't envy anyone who has to deal with them or begrudge any police for finding it difficult to maintain any respect for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadian Prepster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2020, 07:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,375 Times in 8,120 Posts

Almost everyone agrees this one (these few) police murdered a man. The rioters are no better. Each used an excuse to take away life, property, and rights from another (others). The fact that this country has not developed strategies and tactics to contain and arrest rioters is inexcusable.

Once damage to property has occurred and lives endangered notice could be announced for all peaceful protesters to go home. Then all other gathered up and charged. When a life is lost as was the case with these police murder charged.

It is just that simple.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:13 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,119 Times in 3,140 Posts

This thread should be moved to merged thread
Everone knows this
Hopefully the mods will merge it