Why bring a semi automatic weapon to protest - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 05-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,035 Times in 227 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
Police carry automatics? Thatís a new one to me.
I did not say they were carrying them, I said they were likely to have them. Most police forces around where I live have access to automatic weapons. They actually train with them at my club.

While some civilians do legally have automatic firearms itís a bit of a rarity these day. Most police departments I know of do have automatic firearms even if they do not carry them hence the comment.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to blacklab For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,443 Times in 2,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
If these folks are so eager to go back to work I am sure there are plenty of jobs in healthcare right now, warm bodies are needed. I went to a testing site this week and there were dozens at work not to mention all the police coordinating the traffic. The hospitals need folks from all disciplines, workers are overworked.

There are also opportunities to deliver food and goods.

So to these protesters, go get a job.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
A swing and a miss...doesnt trolling ever get boring?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 08:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,419 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
If these folks are so eager to go back to work I am sure there are plenty of jobs in healthcare right now, warm bodies are needed. I went to a testing site this week and there were dozens at work not to mention all the police coordinating the traffic. The hospitals need folks from all disciplines, workers are overworked.

All of the hospitals in my area have laid off docs and nurses. I think one hospital furloughed 60%, might have been 40%, of the workforce.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,096 Times in 8,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoJ_51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
...As far as why???
Yep... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
...Here it took just a few
...and sometimes, 'The Few' is all it takes... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...avirus-reopen/

..See folks, not Everyone in KA has their heads up where the Sun don't shine... That's Our kinda County-attitude.. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG] (though, Personally, I would still use / encourage donning masks in closed-ish spaces for awhile yet.. 'Responsibly Excersized Freedoms', ie: 'trigger discipline'.. Just a Good idea.. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuynonsensefromme View Post
..I honestly don't know how you resolve it. I just guess you go through a bunch of unnecessary pain and death.
Don't worry, m8.. We've Plenty of milk crates.. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

jd
A hero doesn't need a gun to be a hero. A coward will still be a coward if he has a gun.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 8,170 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
A hero doesn't need a gun to be a hero. A coward will still be a coward if he has a gun.
and you'll always be a ...oh nevermind, everyone knows.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,419 Times in 1,648 Posts

Irritant? Ten characters
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 8,170 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat wrangler View Post
Irritant? Ten characters
...like herpes, just when you think it's gone, it comes back..you never really get rid of it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:58 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 21,713 Times in 5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmajones View Post
I live in Pennsylvania, not too far from that city. There are no such "laws." The governor cannot pass "laws." He has issued edicts which most people, including myself, are practicing (social distancing and masks) because they make sense.

But there is growing sentiment that he has greatly overstepped his authority in many areas, and the thought is taking hold that he and his cronies need to get off the power trip that they're on.

The District Attorney of a nearby county has already said he won't prosecute any such "arrests" because what the governor, backed up by some LEOs, is doing is, in many cases, blatantly illegal.

Some folks have banded together and asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear their case and allow businesses in PA to re-open much sooner than what the governor intends to allow. The U.S. Supreme Court has asked the governor to defend his stay-at-home orders.

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavi...660cb4879.html
That's Lancaster, CA. In the high desert north of LA.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 21,713 Times in 5,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldstar View Post
I am all for owning firearms. When I see people in Michigan demonstrating, which is their right, I am confused why anyone would want to “stand out”. Why not be gray man and attend? I would not want my weapons seen. What am I missing?
Because the 'gray man' idea is to not be noticed.
Citizens protesting for their God Given Rights, want to be noticed. And want those they're protesting to take notice of what exactly the trampling of Rights, brings.

We have the 2A not to hunt, or even for self defense.
We have the 2A so we're able to kill tyrants and their apparatchiks, just like our Founders did.
I think there are some petty tyrants who need to understand that.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,286 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Signs and bandanas are fine by me. It's when you bring guns to a protest that I have a problem with. Protest what you will, for whatever side. Bringing a gun is NOT a protest, it is a THREAT and many in this thread have admitted that is just that.
Your Antifa fellow travelers are certainly intimidated when their betters are prepared to defend themselves. Apparently it worked. I have seen no reports of the Antifa maggots out to counter "protest".

Progs hate the 2nd.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 10:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,181 Times in 8,776 Posts

Quote:
Signs and bandanas are fine by me. It's when you bring guns to a protest that I have a problem with. Protest what you will, for whatever side. Bringing a gun is NOT a protest, it is a THREAT and many in this thread have admitted that is just that.
What would you rather they bring? Bouquets of flowers? There are any number of politicians who view any peaceful demonstration as "intimidation" or as a "threat" regardless of whether the protestors have guns or vibrators. If it bothers you that much, stay under your bed.

Look at how Governor Blackface reacted to the peaceful protests.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 10:46 PM
Bug-In Prepper

Thanked 1,070 Times in 438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
Your Antifa fellow travelers are certainly intimidated when their betters are prepared to defend themselves. Apparently it worked. I have seen no reports of the Antifa maggots out to counter "protest".
If the protestors weren't white supremacists or neonazis, then Antifa had no reason to show up. Despite rumors to the contrary, their charter isn't broadly anti-Right.

Moreover, if no mention of the planned protest appeared on the websites, calendars or chat forums of white supremacist or neonazi groups watched by local Antifa, there's no reason to believe the protest was even on Antifa's radar.

When they've shown up at conservative rallies, it's because they had reason to believe groups they opposed had plans to also show up at those rallies.

Convincing ordinary law-abiding conservatives that "Antifa is after YOU" was a major propaganda coup for the fascists.

It certainly doesn't help that a lot of Antifa are individually antagonistic towards the Right, as well. It blurs the line between Antifa's charter and members' personal feelings, and gives the partisan media plenty of ammunition with which to depict Antifa as the militant wing of liberalism.

Anyway, there's no reason to derail the thread with this, just wanted to point out that Antifa's absence shouldn't be surprising, since they had no reason to be there.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:16 PM
SoJer

Thanked 6,032 Times in 1,898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuylogicfromme View Post
A hero doesn't need a gun to be a hero...
Certainly true, but a hero with a gun simply shows he knows the wisdom of Brains over Brawn.. Guy with a 'milk crate'? Mmmyeah, not so much.. The gun is simply the 'smarter Tool' in just about Any case...

Quote:
Signs and bandanas are fine...It's when you bring guns to a protest that I have a problem ...
Well.. last I checked the Fed gov wasn't after everyone's Right to carry a baseball-bat / bike-lock / sign-post / brick, etc (cue: the weapons the antifi's Usually bring.. ) The RTKBA and Use them to Protect one's Families, et al, As they see-fit Is under attack, so.. Gotta let TPTB know we ain't skeered..

jd
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,008 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allye View Post
The stupid thing is what most of them left behind which was a mask.

Sure, show up to stand up for your rights, but do it sensibly. A virus doesn't give a **** about rights.
The idea is not to stop the virus. The idea is to prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed. The medical system is generally not overwhelmed. Everyone gets this one and the best outcome is you find out you had it but didn't know it. Most people will survive this without hospitalization. It's highly contagious so if you are in a high risk group protect yourself. The numbers, where ever they come from, are not trustworthy. There is a financial benefit to labeling any death COVID-19.

I don't wear a mask unless the business I must use requires it. If I get it I get it and I'd like to get the anti-bodies and be done with it. Granted there is a risk, but I also drive a car.

A virus doesn't give a **** about rights. How about you?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PromptCritical For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,766 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Jojo, I respect your aversion to firearms, though I do not share it. When tyrants are attempting to abuse their power and browbeat the citizenry into abiding by unnecessary and unconstitutional limitations on their God given freedoms, it becomes necessary to remind the tyrants where the power rests in our nation. We the citizens of the U.S.A. are the ultimate arbiters of what we will stand for, not our elected civil servants.

The demonstration of armed resistance is not a threat in a nation governed by our U.S. Constitution, rather it is a reminder that we the people will not be intimidated, we will not have our God given right to self-protection and self-determination undermined by tyrants. Armed resistance is a time honored right in America, just as it was during our separation from the British Empire in the late 1700s and it continues today.

Jojo, you have a right to your views and to voice those views and your rights are and have always been protected by those willing to take up arms in defense of our liberties. You may or may not like that fact but it is reality. Tyrants don't respect weaklings, tyrants only respect strength and therefore, it is necessary to make a show of strength when confronted by wouldbe tyrants.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bigg777 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmedman View Post
That's Lancaster, CA. In the high desert north of LA.
Thanks for the correction, I missed that part. But, it could have been Lancaster, PA, based on our governor's current actions and the backlash against him that I see unfolding.
The Following User Says Thank You to emmajones For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 08:17 AM
This space for rent

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,188 Posts

Quote:
Sure it is. That is EXACTLY the point.
If we brought Nerf guns and supersoakers the politicians would laugh at us.
Every protest is a threat at some level or other, the intimidation of politicians by gun owning patriots should make them **** their collective drawers. Call it a Hazard native to the form of occupation laughingly called Politics.
This is exactly the reason the second amendment was written and the language was specific.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The point IS to show that many many of WE THE PEOPLE still have our teeth, and are prepared to bite.
MANY of us are sick and tired of paying our taxes to a government that thinks is should have the power to regulate rights above their mandated powers.
This includes the state governments that believe that some remedial dentistry to remove our teeth is in order.

They work for US not the other way around, The politicians forget whom they are answerable to.
Plenty of WE the PEOPLE are right up to the point where "that tree" is going to get a healthy dose of fertilizer
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Big Andy1966 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Free Born

Thanked 4,795 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
*Sniff, yup, I think I smell cowardice and a hint of commie coming from this...person.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chaosofcreation For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,216 Times in 3,156 Posts

mommyIwentPotty = fail..........again
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,277 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:

Maybe in NYC. The hospital my PA son works at in Minnesota laid off lots of medical personnel and cut his hours several weeks ago. My SIL was laid off a week ago from the hospital she works at in a small city in Ohio. Such is the case across MOST of the country.
The Following User Says Thank You to Traveler For This Useful Post: