Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,019 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiltshift View Post
Not exactly liberal sources:

Fox News
Hydroxychloroquine use should be avoided outside of hospitals, FDA warns

[New York Post
Hydroxychloroquine had no effect on seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York: study

USA Today
COVID-19 treatment: FDA says hydroxychloroquine touted by Trump is not safe or effective
Nice try on educating the unwilling. The segment we are dealing with in this thread are 1) COVID-19 deniers (most of them) who said this was a HOAX from the beginning 2) pro-Trump who are unwilling to use free thought on anything the President says.

Good effort and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Nope, they don't. Otherwise you have anecdotal evidence which does not equal clinical trials. But i guess the doctors would rather people die than help them, according to you?

There are studies running, lets see what those conclude. Actual studies instead of "i gave hundreds of my patients the stuff and they got better other than the few who had to stop taking it because they were getting dangerous side effects or just got worse."
The problem is, PE and the other "fun bunch" that are linking the same study and liking each others posts won't see any other side, because a French Study came out and Trump backs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
It IS a proven cure. 100's if not 1,000's of people have taken this drug and were miraculously cured in hours.

Yes, it is not proven for everyone. No drug is.
Far more are suffering the side effect and this is "doing more harm" in many cases. I'm glad there are those that benefit from this, however, to claim this is the cure-all or miracle cure is disingenuous.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 04:52 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,067 Times in 11,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
Far more are suffering the side effect and this is "doing more harm" in many cases.
Is that a fact? Also, how is this "doing more harm" different than anyone who has side effects from any other drug?

Quote:
I'm glad there are those that benefit from this,
Are you? I was confused by all your other noise.

Quote:
however, to claim this is the cure-all or miracle cure is disingenuous.
No one is claiming this is a cure-all. Not sure how it is disingenuous to call this a miracle when you are on a path to death, take it and recover?

I've heard other drugs described as miracle cures. Are you denying any drug is miracle cure?
Be prudent, always. Worry, never. Jer 15:16
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 06:13 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,314 Times in 20,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Unfortunately peers have agendas and biases. One is the NIH (not invented here) bias. They keep telling me that Vitamin C is useless against the common cold but I'm the one that hasn't had a cold in 20 years or more.
Yeah, I have a tiger repelling rock I've kept with me for 30 years. I haven't been attacked by single tiger!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 07:14 AM
Awesome

Thanked 25,841 Times in 8,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
Yeah, I have a tiger repelling rock I've kept with me for 30 years. I haven't been attacked by single tiger!
No less flawed of logic than any argument in favor of gun control. But the word for it is specious reasoning. If you were a pharmaceutical company you could patent and sell those rocks and there'd be enough people stupid enough to believe it to keep you in business.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,336 Times in 4,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilychan View Post
It sounds like you already decided to use that medicine. What if the doctor doesn't say to use it?
My doctor was the one who wrote the prescription for the Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin after the FDA approved it for off-label use for covid-19. I got it at Walgreens, not some internet site based in Mexico.

Of course, I would get examined and tested to see if I have covid-19 before using the medicine. It would be absurd to take the medicine before getting a diagnosis of being infected.

I reiterate, if you lefties get infected and don't want to take the medicine no one is forcing you to take it. However, the Hydroxychloroquine/Azithromycin therapy should be available to those who want it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,272 Times in 3,372 Posts

It shouldn't be available to those who want it. It should be available to those the doctors believe it will help based on their opinion (at the moment) or proof (which is being worked on) and the condition of the patient.

Otherwise it'd be great: i want opium for my virus, i want it, so give it to me! I want bleach for my virus, i heard it worked, inject me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
It shouldn't be available to those who want it. It should be available to those the doctors believe it will help based on their opinion (at the moment)
I guess that is the great debate: individual liberty or be ruled by elites.

As a Libertarian, I am in favor of decriminalizing all drugs. As Yoda said, "My own counsel will I keep on who is ready."
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 11:04 AM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,272 Times in 3,372 Posts

Quote:
I guess that is the great debate: individual liberty or be ruled by elites.

As a Libertarian, I am in favor of decriminalizing all drugs. As Yoda said, "My own counsel will I keep on who is ready."
Oh, i'm all for decriminalizing all drugs.

Just not in a medical field as cures without conclusive proof. Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath. If a patient won't listen to the doctor, he can ask for another one, or he can refuse care, sign some waivers and go home. A doctor isn't obliged to give you what you want, he's not a store selling stuff (though some sure do treat their job like that). He's obliged to care for your health.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Survivor

Quote:
It shouldn't be available to those who want it. It should be available to those the doctors believe it will help based on their opinion (at the moment) or proof (which is being worked on) and the condition of the patient.

Otherwise it'd be great: i want opium for my virus, i want it, so give it to me! I want bleach for my virus, i heard it worked, inject me!
That's about as disingenuous as it gets!

In any case, there are thousands of doctors that believe it will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 12:38 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
No less flawed of logic than any argument in favor of gun control. But the word for it is specious reasoning.
You seem to be all for gun control as long as Trump does it or if you don't think it's "stupid". Tell us all about how Pro-2A you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin22885 View Post
If you were a pharmaceutical company you could patent and sell those rocks and there'd be enough people stupid enough to believe it to keep you in business.
Sorta like Hydroxychloroquine? Way to argue against your own stance.

Quote:
Is that a fact? Also, how is this "doing more harm" different than anyone who has side effects from any other drug?
I guess in your "libertarian" mind, killing people isn't doing harm?

Quote:
Are you? I was confused by all your other noise.
I'm a Paramedic. I'm always thankful when someone can be helped. Unlike you and the other clown crew, I actually have medical training.
You being confused is nothing new.

Quote:
No one is claiming this is a cure-all. Not sure how it is disingenuous to call this a miracle when you are on a path to death, take it and recover?
Yes, but Pete, the clown show going on in this thread seem to think that it is a cure-all and are disregarding all facts but ONE study.

Quote:
've heard other drugs described as miracle cures. Are you denying any drug is miracle cure?
Many studies are being done now. Saying ever, never and always is a fatal error in any conversation.

You, Batko Justina and the rest of the fun bunch have seemed to overlook facts and reality.

For the fans in the cheap seats
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/hyd...TAWHFMcDG2VaIQ
Quote:
The Food and Drug Administration warned consumers Friday against taking malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19 outside a hospital or formal clinical trial setting after deaths and poisonings were reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
In any case, there are thousands of doctors that believe it will help.
And thousands that don't especially when the only successful study comes out of France from a fake news outlet and a doctor that hasn't had anyone reproduce his success.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Y
...And thousands that don't especially when the only successful study comes out of France from a fake news outlet and a doctor that hasn't had anyone reproduce his success.
65 Percent of Physicians in New Survey Would Give Anti-Malaria Drugs to Their Own Family to Treat COVID-19

ATLANTA, April 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Sixty-five percent of physicians across the United States said they would prescribe the anti-malaria drugs chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine to treat or prevent COVID-19 in a family member, according to a new survey released today by Jackson & Coker, one of the country's largest physician staffing firms.

Only 11 percent said they would not use the drug at all.

CITE: https://www.ptcommunity.com/wire/65-...treat-covid-19

Hydroxychloroquine Most Effective Therapy for Coronavirus Infection
April 4, 2020 – A global survey found that anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly-rated treatment against the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

This new survey completed by Sermo on March 27, 2020, reported 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37 percent of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Also, the survey of 6,227 doctors found that the most commonly prescribed treatments are 56% analgesics, 41% Azithromycin, and 33% Hydroxychloroquine. ...
CITE: https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...9-patients-usa
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 01:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,838 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote:
You seem to be all for gun control as long as Trump does it or if you don't think it's "stupid". Tell us all about how Pro-2A you are.

Sorta like Hydroxychloroquine? Way to argue against your own stance.

I'm a Paramedic. I'm always thankful when someone can be helped. Unlike you and the other clown crew, I actually have medical training.
You being confused is nothing new.

Yes, but Pete, the clown show going on in this thread seem to think that it is a cure-all and are disregarding all facts but ONE study.

Many studies are being done now. Saying ever, never and always is a fatal error in any conversation.

You, Batko Justina and the rest of the fun bunch have seemed to overlook facts and reality.

For the fans in the cheap seats

And thousands that don't especially when the only successful study comes out of France from a fake news outlet and a doctor that hasn't had anyone reproduce his success.

I havenít read every post but by your tone Iím assuming you credit the VA ďStudyĒ over all others that show reason for optimism.
If I assumed incorrectly feel free to set the record straight but if Iím right isnít it true that the VA ďstudyĒ administered the drug to patients that were already very sick and didnít give zinc at all?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corpus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Oh, i'm all for decriminalizing all drugs.

Just not in a medical field as cures without conclusive proof.
Contradiction. IF drugs were decriminalized, I would not do recreational drugs. However, I would not have to pay a doctor $50 to tell me I have flat feet or pink eye.

Quote:
A doctor isn't obliged to give you what you want, he's not a store selling stuff (though some sure do treat their job like that). He's obliged to care for your health.
No. The patient is obliged to care for their own health, who may, from time to time, consult with others, such as doctors.

Also, the issue is not a doctor "giving" me what I want but the government taking away my rights via "licensing" and "prescriptions."

The difference between us has become clear. You appeal to authority of elites. I defer to the rights of the individual, limiting government power to a minimum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Not an answer to my question. But we all know you'd skirt the basic foundation of your critic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy
Old 04-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,216 Times in 13,608 Posts
Default Remember the fish tank cleaner episode?

It killed the husband, right?

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/p...ine-phosphate/

Quote:
The Mesa City Police Department's homicide division is investigating the death of Gary Lenius, the Arizona man whose wife served him soda mixed with fish tank cleaner in what she claimed was a bid to fend off the coronavirus.
Not looking good for the wife.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 10:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,110 Times in 8,761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
It killed the husband, right?

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/p...ine-phosphate/

Not looking good for the wife.
She took it as well and ended up in the hospital.

I don't have a high opinion of Mesa PD. Will look for them to concoct something.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2020, 01:23 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
This new survey completed by Sermo on March 27, 2020, reported 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37 percent of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Also, the survey of 6,227 doctors found that the most commonly prescribed treatments are 56% analgesics, 41% Azithromycin, and 33% Hydroxychloroquine. ...
Cut the rest out, it was like eating a bag of skillet looking at that mess.

We've gone from almost 100% saving in the French study to 33% in the one you linked.

Thanks for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus View Post
I haven’t read every post but by your tone I’m assuming you credit the VA “Study” over all others that show reason for optimism.
If I assumed incorrectly feel free to set the record straight but if I’m right isn’t it true that the VA “study” administered the drug to patients that were already very sick and didn’t give zinc at all?
There are many others I've linked. In fact, the complied data is starting to show. hydroxychloroquine used by itself has shown to not work in far more cases than it does. The synergistic effect of the 3 shows much more promised but still under certain circumstances.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:

We've gone from almost 100% saving in the French study to 33% in the one you linked.

Thanks for proving my point.
zumhug, reading a post from you is funnier than reading the comic section of the newspaper.

1st, it was 37% not 33%.

2nd, the 100% number deals with near effectiveness of the drug to cure compared to no action taken.

3rd, the 37% number deals with patient rating different treatments. They rated this drug the best of the various treatments.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Survivor

Quote:

Thanks for proving my point. .
Based on your replies you are only semi-literate.

The French test were the results of the effectiveness of Hydroxy/Azithro on 1,000 patients.

This study polls the doctors who think Hydrozy/Azithro is the best treatment for covid-19.

Put on your reading glasses or go to a night school reading course! LOL
Old 04-29-2020, 08:02 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Based on your replies you are only semi-literate.
Yes, because great literacy always starts with golden fonts, huge size increase, and fake news.

Quote:
The French test were the results of the effectiveness of Hydroxy/Azithro on 1,000 patients.
And has yet to be replicated.

Quote:
This study polls the doctors who think Hydrozy/Azithro is the best treatment for covid-19.

Put on your reading glasses or go to a night school reading course! LOL
From a test done in March. Their current info says differently.

Quote:
The Food and Drug Administration warned consumers Friday against taking malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat Covid-19 outside a hospital or formal clinical trial setting after deaths and poisonings were reported.

Keep trying, you almost have yourself convinced.

Pro-tip, commie, there are several studies taking place now showing real results and we will see this fake news story go away.

Oh, to the last point, I made mistakes. It happens. If that's all you got it is more firmly grounded in fact that the rest of the narrative you've been pushing.