Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,498 Times in 3,317 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogli View Post
Thatís frightening coming from you. Iíve never noticed you to be conspiratorial before.
Time to brace ourselves, and see what happens.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 11:55 PM
Bad Ombre

Thanked 6,237 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Thatís the only part of his post I disagree with too. The way they run this state. OMGAWD, if weíre dependent on them for power, weíre screwed. We might be screwed anyway because I think PG&E and the government are already in a power struggle. The propaganda is thick especially from Newsom. Can you imagine, after the lawsuits are paid, PG&E says Fíem and liquidates?

I bought another solar generator, 5 -100 watt solar panels, and one more Honda EU2200i. Hopefully nothing happens but I agree with Mosinka..... be prepared.
Hey, at least we agree on some things .

Iíll take it.

I finally got the the wife to agree that a portable generator is a worthwhile investment, so I ordered a 2000/1600W Yamaha clone that should run the bare necessities (fridge, lights, charging devices, and/or a space heater).

It will also be peace of mind for when we go up to the cabin in winter. Weíd only have the fireplace for heat if the power went out, and thatís really only good for the living room and kitchen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mosinka For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 12:03 AM
Daughter OfThe Revolution

Thanked 108,481 Times in 26,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinka View Post
Hey, at least we agree on some things .

Iíll take it.

I finally got the the wife to agree that a portable generator is a worthwhile investment, so I ordered a 2000/1600W Yamaha clone that should run the bare necessities (fridge, lights, charging devices, and/or a space heater).

It will also be peace of mind for when we go up to the cabin in winter. Weíd only have the fireplace for heat if the power went out, and thatís really only good for the living room and kitchen.
I know, lol. Almost feels like weíre on the same team. We need to be if things get crazy. Too much division already. Thatís a sure fire way to destruction.

That generator will be great for the cabin. I take mine camping, both solar (inside the 5th wheel) and the Honda. I use them both a lot. They really make the difference. If we get into regular power outages, Iím sure youíll be thrilled to have it.

Have fun at the cabin. That sounds awesome.
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Bad Ombre

So, I guess there was some truth to this rumor. PG&E are planning more shut offs for the end of the week, although they claim less people will be affected.

Glad I almost finished breaking in the generator over the weekend.

3 oil changes after 30min each with varying intermittent loads and RPM via turning the eco mode on and off.
The first 2 were full of microscopic metal flakes, and the magnetic oil dip stick collected a fair amount of shavings as well.

The third oil was significantly better, and there was only a tiny amount of metal sediment on the magnetic dip stick.

I poured some Lucas break in oil in the spark plug hole and slowly pulled the cord 10 times before pouring gas in and trying to start it.

I’ll probably do 1 more oil change after another hour. I currently have 5W40 Castro’s Edge full synthetic in there, but I’ll probably get some amsoil 4 stroke 0W40 for after the break in, or maybe 0W30 to reduce internal friction a bit??
The Following User Says Thank You to Mosinka For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 11:25 AM

Glad you have you generator Mosinka. My new Honda gets here today. I didn’t know that about breaking them in. Thank you for posting that information. I’ll be working on mine now.

Yes, I heard that about PSPS. My area is in the shot off zone.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:04 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,292 Times in 26,242 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I'm a PG&E customer. In the middle of there service area is a publicly owned electric company called The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD). Both PG&E and SMUD share some right aways for transmission lines. Where the PG&E lines were de-energized, the SMUD lines that ran right next to them were not. Go figure.

After last years power shutdown I installed a transfer switch and 10,000 watt dual fuel generator. Like the Boy Scouts, Be Prepared.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Glad you have you generator Mosinka. My new Honda gets here today. I didnít know that about breaking them in. Thank you for posting that information. Iíll be working on mine now.

Yes, I heard that about PSPS. My area is in the shot off zone.
I expect a product like the Honda to be much better manufactured, and probably at least partially broken in at the factory, but it certainly never hurts to do a few oil changes early and often considering these tiny engines donít use an oil filter, so any metal shavings from the engine components wearing in that get into the oil just get circulated throughout the engine and contribute to premature wear.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I expect a product like the Honda to be much better manufactured, and probably at least partially broken in at the factory, but it certainly never hurts to do a few oil changes early and often considering these tiny engines donít use an oil filter, so any metal shavings from the engine components wearing in that get into the oil just get circulated throughout the engine and contribute to premature wear.
I hope youíre right.

Losing power again today. Even though Iím a prepper it takes several hours to be prepared. I lose water too. And I have a garden and lots of critters. So I have to make sure theyíre all prepared too. Plus, itís hot this week. Soon Iíll get the big generator wired into the house.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:51 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
I hope youíre right.

Losing power again today. Even though Iím a prepper it takes several hours to be prepared. I lose water too. And I have a garden and lots of critters. So I have to make sure theyíre all prepared too. Plus, itís hot this week. Soon Iíll get the big generator wired into the house.
Hopefully itís a short outage, or it misses you entirely.

Weíre headed up to the cabin this weekend to install some cameras and do some exterior work before the winter gets here. Luckily it looks like the outage wonít affect us this time.
Iím taking the generator just in case.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hopefully itís a short outage, or it misses you entirely.

Weíre headed up to the cabin this weekend to install some cameras and do some exterior work before the winter gets here. Luckily it looks like the outage wonít affect us this time.
Iím taking the generator just in case.
Have fun in the mountains.

Lots of people on our community Facebook page saying they went to the PG&E address lookup site and were told they wouldnít be effected. But they are and their power is out. It seems very chaotic and unpredictable. Horribly disorganized. Tempers are flaring. People talking about protesting. But protesting what? A bankrupt company?

You all know I believe in some conspiracies. Is this part of the chaos planned? Fueling discontent for a state takeover of the utility? IDK. The only thing Iím sure about is weíre not being told the truth by PG&E or government. And, that I have a bathtub full of water so I can flush the toilet when absolutely necessary. If this continues Iím going to add a composting toilet to my preps. Not kidding.

Iím also going to say having a website showing who doesnít have power, even though not accurate, is setting people up for robberies. Iím totally serious. Weíre not that far from Oakland and the homeless crisis is hitting Santa Rosa really hard. REALLY, REALLY HARD. our little town is capturing the overflow from that. Thereís even rumors of the homeless getting paid to take a bus here.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...Yr-qpLQsvjo6vw

Quote:
Police estimate more than 100 tents in the camp but they say they canít do anything about it because of a 2018 federal court ruling in Idaho that said homeless people cannot be evicted from public property unless there is a bed available and storage for personal belongings.

Officials have simply posted a sign advising Joe Rodota Trail users ďto use an alternate route between Stony Point and South Wright Roads.Ē
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2160D025-C08C-4010-8504-1AC6F133079A.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	293192  
Old 10-23-2019, 09:29 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Have fun in the mountains.

Lots of people on our community Facebook page saying they went to the PG&E address lookup site and were told they wouldnít be effected. But they are and their power is out. It seems very chaotic and unpredictable. Horribly disorganized. Tempers are flaring. People talking about protesting. But protesting what? A bankrupt company?

You all know I believe in some conspiracies. Is this part of the chaos planned? Fueling discontent for a state takeover of the utility? IDK. The only thing Iím sure about is weíre not being told the truth by PG&E or government. And, that I have a bathtub full of water so I can flush the toilet when absolutely necessary. If this continues Iím going to add a composting toilet to my preps. Not kidding.

Iím also going to say having a website showing who doesnít have power, even though not accurate, is setting people up for robberies. Iím totally serious. Weíre not that far from Oakland and the homeless crisis is hitting Santa Rosa really hard. REALLY, REALLY HARD. our little town is capturing the overflow from that. Thereís even rumors of the homeless getting paid to take a bus here.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...Yr-qpLQsvjo6vw
I think itís relatively simple: a monopoly has no incentive to do a good job.

When youíre the only game in town, if someone isnít keeping your feet to the fire, why WOULDNíT you start pocketing profits while neglecting your responsibilities?

The management in large corporations doesnít stick around long enough for their ďchickens to come home to roostĒ, and the end result is that the public eventually suffers the consequences, and because the utility is a monopoly, and they can always just raise their hands and say: we give up, they hold all of us hostage. Either we foot the bill, or we get nothing.

Iím sure there was also ample greasing of pockets of govít officials, govít inspectors, and regulators over the years to keep them content and quiet.
Plenty of money for that from the millions and millions they pocketed over the years.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Wife (who works at a Doctorís office) just told me she was talking to a patient who supposedly has a friend who works at the corporate HQ of PG&E regarding the power outages.

She was told that something ďfishyĒ is going on, and that the current power outages are supposedly a ďtestĒ for something happening at the end of the month.
The 25th specifically was mentioned, and that supposedly the PG&E employee was unnerved to the point of getting a hotel room out of town for that weekend.

I donít know how much faith to put in this, but at the same time, it doesnít hurt to keep in mind that there may be further/longer power outages coming and be prepared.

So, this turned out to be basically true, both the planned outages, as well as a brand new fire most likely caused by wind+trees+power lines and only 1 day off from the date mentioned to my wife.

Thatís an indication that PG&E were internally aware of both:
-the woeful state of their infrastructure
-this upcoming wind event

Yet they didnít warn people until just a couple of days ago.

If the rains donít come soon, this winter may be dark and smoky.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:47 PM

Now we’re on fire. Northern California town of Geyserville evacuated just to the south of me.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/weath...nty/index.html

Hundreds evacuated as wildfire fueled by monster winds races through Sonoma County

“CNN)A raging wildfire has forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes after it exploded to thousands of acres in Northern California, authorities said.

The Kincade Fire, ignited Wednesday night, has scorched 10,000 acres, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, also known as Cal Fire, reported Thursday morning.
More than 550 homes -- with about 1,700 residents -- are under mandatory evacuation orders as the blaze burns uncontrollably, Sonoma County officials said.
Among the communities under mandatory evacuation order was the entirety of Geyserville, about 80 miles north of San Francisco. The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office told residents Thursday morning to leave since the fire crossed Highway 128, heading west.“

Sonoma county is in the heart of UNAgenda21 and The Wildlands Project. Just sayin’
Old 10-24-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:

I bought another solar generator, 5 -100 watt solar panels, and one more Honda EU2200i. Hopefully nothing happens but I agree with Mosinka..... be prepared.
What solar generators do you have? I'm researching them right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to allgoodnamestaken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 02:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,142 Times in 6,641 Posts

Quote:
Now weíre on fire. Northern California town of Geyserville evacuated just to the south of me.

Hundreds evacuated as wildfire fueled by monster winds races through Sonoma County

ďCNN)A raging wildfire has forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes after it exploded to thousands of acres in Northern California, authorities said.

The Kincade Fire, ignited Wednesday night, has scorched 10,000 acres, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, also known as Cal Fire, reported Thursday morning.
More than 550 homes -- with about 1,700 residents -- are under mandatory evacuation orders as the blaze burns uncontrollably, Sonoma County officials said.
Among the communities under mandatory evacuation order was the entirety of Geyserville, about 80 miles north of San Francisco. The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office told residents Thursday morning to leave since the fire crossed Highway 128, heading west.ď

Sonoma county is in the heart of UNAgenda21 and The Wildlands Project. Just sayiní
Wishing you and your community the best. Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 02:48 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Now weíre on fire. Northern California town of Geyserville evacuated just to the south of me.

ďCNN)A raging wildfire has forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes after it exploded to thousands of acres in Northern California, authorities said.

Among the communities under mandatory evacuation order was the entirety of Geyserville, about 80 miles north of San Francisco. The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office told residents Thursday morning to leave since the fire crossed Highway 128, heading west.ď

Sonoma county is in the heart of UNAgenda21 and The Wildlands Project. Just sayiní
Stay safe!

I hope the winds die down and cal fire gets this under control before anyone is hurt.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgoodnamestaken View Post
What solar generators do you have? I'm researching them right now.
I just bought the Inergy Apex and their solar panels too. Highly recommend. Expensive, and worth every penny. I just bought this kit in the link belowk. The difference between the Solar Storm and the Linx kit are the panels themselves. The Linx panels are lighter, more rugged and built for traveling. The Solar Storm panels are heavier and built to be mounted more permanently. Both panels are 100 watts each.

Four years ago I bought 3 of the Inergy Kodiak, with 5 predator panels. I use these for camping. And now for power outages. Love the company. IDK if they’re the best or cheapest. Customer service is tops. So I keep going back.

https://inergytek.com/collections/ki...olar-storm-kit

If you go with Inergy spend the extra money and get their base camp chainable led lights. These are awesome!!! They take so little energy I don’t even have to turn the generator on. The trickle energy is enough and they’re really bright. Light up an entire room with just a couple. With my recent purchase I added 6 more basecamp lights. I use them all the time while either camping or during power outages. https://inergytek.com/products/basecamp-led-chainable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
Wishing you and your community the best. Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you.

We’re close but safe so far

https://sona-zx37icb125wkr3nnhf15szkhkj4/
Old 10-24-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Stay safe!

I hope the winds die down and cal fire gets this under control before anyone is hurt.
Me too. I think things are slowing down. Fingers crossed, prayers, and all that.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,292 Times in 26,242 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

California's hottest new pick up line:

"I have electricity, you want to come to my place and charge your phone?"
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Me too. I think things are slowing down. Fingers crossed, prayers, and all that.
Heard on the news this morning that Santa Rosa being mentioned, but I was in the other room and didnít hear the entire report.

I hope youíre safe!