A Christian doctor lost his job for refusing to make an abstract ideological pledge - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,191 Posts
Default A Christian doctor lost his job for refusing to make an abstract ideological pledge

Advertise Here

U.K. doctor fired after refusing to refer to theoretical 'six-foot-tall bearded man' as 'madam,' sues government

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...ues-government

"He argues that he was dismissed “not because of any realistic concerns over the rights and sensitivities of transgender individuals, but because of my refusal to make an abstract ideological pledge.”

"The very fact a doctor can be pulled off the shop floor for an urgent interrogation about his beliefs on gender fluidity is both absurd and very sinister, even more so if it results in a dismissal.

“If something like that happened in a church setting — people being pulled out of a pew, questioned, and then excommunicated — that would be seen as an outrageous example of religious intolerance and bigotry.”

The DWP argues that Mackereth’s views are in breach of the 2010 Equality Act. APM, the recruitment company which hired the medic, is also being sued for religious discrimination.

The company claims that the doctor’s beliefs “are not compatible with human dignity.”

In other words being a Christian is "not compatible with human dignity" as per the modern employers view and the law.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,494 Times in 3,316 Posts

Ridiculous, no matter how you slice it.

I'm all for gender and general equality, but not if it means not respecting the beliefs and boundaries of religion.

Which I get is a slippery slope, because Islam is technically a religion, and one I don't respect as other religions.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2019, 10:54 AM
Автомат Калашникова

Thanked 1,007 Times in 599 Posts

It appears that some parts of the world want to reduce all science to political science.

If a patient does not know, or wishes to dispute their own gender with a medical professional, DNA testing will always reveal the patients actual biological gender. Delusion should neither be encouraged nor tolerated in a medical setting.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 05:28 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 91,316 Times in 24,098 Posts

I'm just glad you call a physician who just happens to be a evangelical Christian a "Christian" and not a heretic.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 2,255 Times in 421 Posts

Rejecting abnormal, degenerate behavior isn't compatible with human dignity?

Sometimes I think western civilization has entered the Twilight Zone.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mast3rBlast3r For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Target Shooter

I wonder if the company has the same opinion of Islam?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,062 Times in 18,718 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

... and all evil and all who deny God, His Son, and His Word will be burned in the lake of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

A major cleansing is headed our way and these reprobate, anti-Christ, vipers will writhe in spiritual pain and beg for a taste of Christ's spiritual water and they will thirst for eternity.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
I'm just glad you call a physician who just happens to be a evangelical Christian a "Christian" and not a heretic.

^^^^^^^^
Old 07-15-2019, 06:28 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 22,201 Times in 9,874 Posts

If people want to be called "he" or "she" or "Mrs., Miss, Ms., or Mister..." why not just do it? It's only polite. If you want to be referred to as a house plant... that's fine with me.... it's your business.

I can't find any commandment in the Bible regarding the use of pronouns. I have no problem with organizations requiring their employees to be considerate of how their clients want to identified.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
If people want to be called "he" or "she" or "Mrs., Miss, Ms., or Mister..." why not just do it? It's only polite. If you want to be referred to as a house plant... that's fine with me.... it's your business.

I can't find any commandment in the Bible regarding the use of pronouns. I have no problem with organizations requiring their employees to be considerate of how their clients want to identified.
Would you refer to Charles Manson as Messiah just because he thought he was? Or David Koresh?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,400 Posts

If I went to a surgeon and told him I wanted him to cut my arms and legs off because I self identify as a quadriplegic, should he do it? Or might he just refer me to psychiatric help?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 06:51 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
Would you refer to Charles Manson as Messiah just because he thought he was? Or David Koresh?
In a clinical setting I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
If I went to a surgeon and told him I wanted him to cut my arms and legs off because I self identify as a quadriplegic, should he do it? Or might he just refer me to psychiatric help?
We're talking about how you talk to someone, not the treatment offered. If a patient really wanted to be called a quadriplegic, his Doctor ought to do that. He should also make a psych reference.

The doctor in question was working as a disability benefits assessor. He might have had people come in with all sorts of real or imagined conditions. It wasn't his job to do surgery or psychiatry. He should write down his true assessment (Mr. Black Dog has four functioning limbs) but refer to Mr. Dog as he prefers to be referred while doing the assessment... and if he believes it's necessary, suggest mental health counseling.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:

People should not be forced to violate their conscience and play along with the immoral delusion of others.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
People should not be forced to violate their conscience and play along with the immoral delusion of others.
Heís free to quit his job if he believes following company policy violates his conscience.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Thanked 1,007 Times in 599 Posts

Quote:

If the purpose of visiting a health care facility is to obtain services, the would-be "patients" should refrain from misrepresenting themselves in any way. Fake ID, insurance, and social security cards, false claims of citizenship, and now gender, all contribute to fraud, resulting in higher health care costs for those of us who play by the rules.

THOU SHALL NOT STEAL and THOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS are the OT commandments applicable to this subject matter.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Heís free to quit his job if he believes following company policy violates his conscience.
Sure, but his religious beliefs should be respected by the company. If he was a Muslim I doubt they would have fired him and I can guarantee they wouldnt dare say Islam isnt compatible with human dignity.

Their idea of equality only extends to certain people.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mast3rBlast3r For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2019, 08:45 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
Sure, but his religious beliefs should be respected by the company. If he was a Muslim I doubt they would have fired him and I can guarantee they wouldnt dare say Islam isnt compatible with human dignity.
I donít know what religion prohibits people being called by the names they want to be called, but if the doctorís prohibits that, then it may not be compatible with his employment. Itís no different than the US county workers who said their religion wouldnít let them issue same sex marriage licenses. When the law changed they had to accommodate the law or find a new job.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,991 Times in 5,027 Posts

Quote:

There is a commandment against bearing false witness. If a Christian physician tells a patient with a heart attack that he has cholecystitis it is a lie. If he tells a patient with XY chromosomes he is female, it is also a lie.

But count on LibShooter to show up and support the leftist talking point on any topic under discussion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watchingtheweasels For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2019, 08:11 AM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchingtheweasels View Post
There is a commandment against bearing false witness. If a Christian physician tells a patient with a heart attack that he has cholecystitis it is a lie. If he tells a patient with XY chromosomes he is female, it is also a lie.
Judging from the doctor’s job, it’s doubtful he would know the patient’s genome. He’s not being asked to tell the patient he’s a woman. He’s being asked to call the patient by the name she prefers. That’s not a lie nor false witness.

BTW, the commandment is “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.” Using the name the patient prefers while talking to the patient would not be a witness AGAINST anyone.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:

I couldn't care less how folks "want to" be addressed. "Want" until the cows come home. I care about how I am FORCED to address them. If I see a "he" standing if front of me (whether "he" has lipstick on or not) then I should have the right to address "him" as a "he" based on my sense of right and wrong and actual perception of what I'm looking at. If "he" takes offense to my addressing "him" as a "he" then "he" has every right to be offended. Not my problem!