Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your Best Prepping Advice 40cal General Discussion 57 05-20-2018 11:52 AM
Time of day to move around? Aerindel Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 69 04-14-2018 04:31 AM
Need advice regarding old ammo Tacamo Firearms General Discussion 12 05-28-2017 11:28 PM
HELP! Need Advice for 5 Acre Homestead Kevin Fett Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 47 11-30-2016 08:49 PM
Need to move the question is where? Joseph51494 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 88 11-15-2016 10:25 AM

Old 03-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Hiker

Default Planning a move - advice ?

Advertise Here

Hello everyone,

After carefully deciding, my significant other and I are going to plan a move to Virginia by fall. New England is a cold, Liberal **** show and we will be glad to be out. While I realise Virginia is not the most Conservative paradise, we have our reasons. Most of them being, her family is in New England and mines in NY. I am also familiar with Virginia a little, and it just makes sense.

Anyhow, not looking to be near DC and looking to be near the mountains. My idea was to move near the Charlestown area for now, while I recognize its college based, it also has major stores and seems to be more of an economic center then other areas I looked at (Roanoke for example). Im open to anywhere in VA however. We'd like to buy something down the road. Thanks.

And honestly ... if anyone has any land or something cheap for rent on their property reach out to me, I moved last October on a whim, and Im ready to do it again. We love rural living.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2019, 01:43 PM
Survivor

Location: Outside the Moderate Damage Radius, over the mountain and far away.
Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,720 Posts

I lived in Virginia for years but moved to West Virginia ten years ago because I didn't like the direction Virginia politics were headed. Today VA is dominated by leftist Democrats who are destroying the state.

West Virginia is not perfect and has its problems, but is a conservative, constitutional-carry state. I live out in the country, hunt and fish on my own land and can shoot out of my windows.
Quick reply to this message