Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How safe is bartering? pengyou Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 76 06-24-2018 02:46 AM
STRAITS RED chapters 32-34 NW GUY Books, Movies & Stories 2 04-29-2018 09:46 PM
Conversation Gun Controllers Need To Have With Their Wives Revision General Discussion 83 11-20-2017 08:38 AM
POLES PUMPED for PRESIDENT TRUMP hoplite59 General Discussion 36 07-13-2017 10:40 AM

Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM

Question Looking To Connect With People In The Cochrane Area

Advertise Here

He Folks. Currently living in Vancouver (yuck!). Bought some land near Cochrane (Ont), looking to retire there (about ten years). Will be up there next summer for a few weeks, just looking to connect.

Craig
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 10:56 AM

I was up North..was as far as Hearst looking at a camp, I lived in Elk Lake an hour from New Liskard(tried out survival skills in a 32 foot trailer for a year. Dang brutal is all I can say(and lots of propane)no running water in winter my bath was a 2 man blow up boat, with hot water brought home from work when needed

I lived in Elliot Lake for 17 years, but have come back down south area to be close to my daughter(sons still up North)

I have to admit I miss being able to walk to a lake and drop a line to fish anytime or have the canoe strapped to the roof of a vehicle and drive 10 minutes and spend 14 hours out on a lake fishing and doing a shore lunch.

I do not however miss the bears..lol..or the black flies

I hope you got land that is accessible by vehicle and has some type of water...and that its unorganized

Did the government clear it of all the trees in the last 10 years and do they still have the right to come and harvest your trees at any time.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:26 AM

Congrats on your recent purchase. I live in YVR also but bought a place on Vancouver Island a few years back. Can't wait to leave Vancouver. All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 AM

sorry for the late reply but congrats on your purchase....I have been looking for a place up there for about a year now....I am about 5 years to retirement and looking for some property with a couple cottages I can rent out and do some guiding on the lake and hunting...Spent a lot of time up there in my youth when I was in bands and love it up there....good luck and if you are still on this site keep in touch...

Chris
Old 07-12-2019, 11:37 PM
CanadaEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckjack View Post
He Folks. Currently living in Vancouver (yuck!). Bought some land near Cochrane (Ont), looking to retire there (about ten years). Will be up there next summer for a few weeks, just looking to connect.

Craig

I live in Ottawa. We are hoping to get out of City down the road. Lived in Vancouver for years. Best spot I think was Kitz... Loved it there more laid back but still was the city. Spent lot of time Interior the Ok valley, Kelowna mostly still friends there. Yeah the city but miss it you are still in shadow of the mountains!!! Lived in Edmonto use to camp in mountains around Jasper. So miss those days... :'-(
Old 07-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,934 Times in 3,341 Posts

DH is from Kerrisdale, but we've been in N.S. for almost 20 years. Sister is still in Langley, and brother in Kelowna.