Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ - AR15 or AK47? Or 10/22?can I get a Colt for $200? $1,000 is way too much! Heckler&Coke Military Weapons Forum 54 09-26-2012 05:02 PM
200,000 people across 18 towns lose water 13ella Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 41 07-04-2012 09:15 PM
Trump accepting $200, 000 in gold for rent neosurvivalist Financial Forum 13 09-15-2011 09:28 PM
Adding 200,000 pounds of water a day. Uncle Bob Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 17 04-04-2011 02:38 PM
Some 200,000 in Germany protest nuclear power blackkitty Manmade and Natural Disasters 29 03-27-2011 03:49 PM
Nice Trip For You & Your Buds For $200,000,000 a day plantguy Financial Forum 38 11-07-2010 06:00 PM
46 warships-200 helicoptors-7,000 marines to- HOTCHKISS GUN Controversial News and Alternative Politics 14 07-25-2010 10:58 AM
Fractional Ownership in 200 person bunker -50,000$ ent568 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 89 05-11-2010 10:59 PM
Biden sees up to 200,000 new jobs next month CAV104 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 11 04-24-2010 05:17 PM
LEt's say someone handed you $200,000 for college ... danpauselius Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 56 06-29-2009 05:28 PM

Old 07-26-2016, 10:46 AM

Default 200,000 Pardons

Advertise Here

Gov. McAuliffe signed 200,000 pardons for felons so they can vote.... hmmm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/us...ourt.html?_r=0

Stated in the publication "In a statement on Friday night, the governor said he would sign nearly 13,000 individual orders to restore voter registration rights and would continue to sign orders until he accounted for all 200,000. “My faith remains strong in all of our citizens to choose their leaders, and I am prepared to back up that faith with my executive pen,” he said."

So, it looks like even though the supreme court of Virginia knocked it down, he is going to do it anyway?

So, does this re-instate all of their rights? Meaning they have the right to own a gun again? Which means he just allowed 200,000+ criminals to be armed legally !!!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emanon1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,518 Times in 443 Posts

I discussed this with the wife some yesterday.

If this was done simply as a social experiment (using non-violent offenders) to see if eliminating the felony would allow for better integration back into society and thus lessen recidivism. This would have been an actual good thing towards social reforms. Although 200,000 is quite a high amount of people for a testing population.

However, due to the Governor's prior actions, this wasn't the purpose. This was done solely to increase voter base and is corrupt as hell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Praestes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,834 Times in 20,481 Posts

Well, if the dead can vote, why not?

Buncha corrupt SOBs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praestes View Post
I discussed this with the wife some yesterday.

If this was done simply as a social experiment (using non-violent offenders) to see if eliminating the felony would allow for better integration back into society and thus lessen recidivism. This would have been an actual good thing towards social reforms. Although 200,000 is quite a high amount of people for a testing population.

However, due to the Governor's prior actions, this wasn't the purpose. This was done solely to increase voter base and is corrupt as hell.
I agree 100%.. Think I may just move to TX!
Old 07-29-2016, 09:44 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 29,037 Times in 8,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon1 View Post
(snip) So, does this re-instate all of their rights? Meaning they have the right to own a gun again? Which means he just allowed 200,000+ criminals to be armed legally !!!
The Virginia Constitution provides for the Governor powers in this respect, and may or may not restore any political disability.

In this case, the Governor has chosen to exercise his power of office to that of the removal of disabilities to voting only. The bar to and with respect to firearms, is still in full force and effect.

Quote:
Article V. Executive
Section 12. Executive clemency

The Governor shall have power to remit fines and penalties under such rules and regulations as may be prescribed by law; to grant reprieves and pardons after conviction except when the prosecution has been carried on by the House of Delegates; to remove political disabilities consequent upon conviction for offenses committed prior or subsequent to the adoption of this Constitution; and to commute capital punishment.

He shall communicate to the General Assembly, at each regular session, particulars of every case of fine or penalty remitted, of reprieve or pardon granted, and of punishment commuted, with his reasons for remitting, granting, or commuting the same.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:36 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,265 Times in 662 Posts

I never saw it rational for a felon released after completing their sentence to still have voting and firearm “rights” still prohibited. If you’ve safe enough to be out of prison without having a guardian responsible for your 24/7, then you ought to have a say in how your government is run, and the ability to protect yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unno2002 View Post
I never saw it rational for a felon released after completing their sentence to still have voting and firearm “rights” still prohibited. If you’ve safe enough to be out of prison without having a guardian responsible for your 24/7, then you ought to have a say in how your government is run, and the ability to protect yourself.
It's called suffering the consequences of your actions. They should consider consequences before committing the crime.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unno2002 View Post

I'm curious then... Say said felon is released on parole.. And commits another crime, happens all the time. So now we are saying they should have the legal right to give them easier access to a weapon?

Say said felon was released after committing murder, rape, etc,... You still want them to have easier access to a gun without the legal ramifications of possessing the weapon?

In my eyes, giving them the right to vote is equivalent to giving them a weapon. It gives them the power to have an impact in elections and on who is voted into office, which can in turn have an impact on those citizens who never committed a felony in the first place.

There is an old saying "Do the crime, do the time" .. an individual knows the potential punishment before committing a crime, let them serve said punishment.

Prime example, according to LA Times May 14th issue in 2006 (Yes, I know the article may be a bit older but it is still true today), In less than 3 years after being released from prison, 15,775 former convicts were re-arrested. 1443 were arrested for assault and battery, 518 were arrested for burglary, 215 were arrested for a sex crime, and 16 were arrested for murder charges.

Those were arrests, I am sure there are many more that were not caught. And the Gov wants to give them the right to vote in the next election. Something that will have a direct impact on not only new laws, but the supreme court as we still have one seat to fill and most likely will need to fill a few more before the presidential term is finished. How is it ok, for the Gov. to do a blanket pardon for over 200,000 felons then?

I will always agree with the rational, if you commit a serious crime that is labeled a felony, and are proven guilty.. you lost those privileges then.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Deplorable and 3%

Thanked 25,498 Times in 5,381 Posts

They should not be out if they have not completed their sentence. I don't believe in parole or probation. Either in prison or not. If not, you have your rights. They are RIGHTS, not privileges.