Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you rent a pistol at 19? Jamesconn Pistol and Revolver Forum 28 08-31-2014 09:38 AM
Want to buy or rent used #10 can lid machune Outraged Looking for - want to buy 3 04-01-2013 05:57 PM
Rent-to-own computers are watching you Airborne Pathfinder General Discussion 7 09-26-2012 08:53 PM
If you rent, you may have to bug out... ComancheSniper Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 48 07-11-2011 09:40 AM
Buy or rent a house right now? the natural Financial Forum 20 06-14-2011 03:50 PM
getting bombarded with rent to own requests corndogggy Financial Forum 50 01-30-2011 10:41 PM
NEW Room For Rent Group Vectorwoman General Discussion 5 01-12-2011 04:28 PM
Space For Rent mongoose Jokes, Humor & Music 4 01-03-2010 09:36 PM
Recession RENT?! jbales Urban Survival 16 12-16-2008 09:08 AM

Old 11-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,287 Times in 499 Posts
Default Where to rent

Advertise Here

I'm going to traveling down to Newark over the next few months on business and I wanted to find a range where I can rent and shoot to stay in practice. I found a place called 'Guns for Hire' in Little Falls, which I can get to easily on the train, but their web site has some weird restrictions on who can shoot:

http://gunforhire.com/who-can-shoot/

Who Can Shoot?

Adult Male Shooters

If you come with a friend, you and your friend do NOT need a firearms ID card just a valid drivers license or passport.
If you come alone you need to bring a state issued firearms ID card.

Adult Female Shooters

You can rent firearms alone and do not need a firearms ID card. Just a drivers license or valid photo ID.

Since I'm traveling alone I either need to cross-dress or hire some homeless guy to come with me as my 'friend' if I don't want to get a NJ FID card. Is this normal for rental ranges in NJ?
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Trapper

They are tough with laws. As well as basic fire arms training etc. I know a liitle but not enough to help. I will share this with hubby maybe he knows something.. u should post in main too i dont know if the thread. Goes to main, maybe someone knows. Goodness where is nj peeps at....
The Following User Says Thank You to pineygal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 AM
Survivalist in training

Well considering how hard it is and stuff to get an NJ FID permit, the fact that this place says that one does not need an a fire arms permit is both surprising and not surprising to me. My guess is these wierd restrictions are based on gun law loop holes to cover their arses if something goes south or they are questioned by authorities.
The Following User Says Thank You to brandon_g For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 11:44 PM
statists' be statin'

Thanked 10,527 Times in 2,314 Posts

I'm sure the restrictions are to prevent suicides. We've had a few at gun ranges in the last few years.

Women commit suicide non-violently. Men shoot themselves. Nobody brings a friend to their suicide. An FID card means you've been background checked including a mental health record search - less chance that you're suicidal.

It's not hard to get an FID card. It costs about $70, requires fingerprinting and some paperwork. As an out-of-stater you'd have to go though the nearest NJ State Police Station. Some take 45 days to issue. Some take 6 months.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post
I'm going to traveling down to Newark over the next few months on business and I wanted to find a range where I can rent and shoot to stay in practice. I found a place called 'Guns for Hire' in Little Falls, which I can get to easily on the train, but their web site has some weird restrictions on who can shoot:

Who Can Shoot?

Adult Male Shooters

If you come with a friend, you and your friend do NOT need a firearms ID card just a valid drivers license or passport.

Adult Female Shooters

You can rent firearms alone and do not need a firearms ID card. Just a drivers license or valid photo ID.

Since I'm traveling alone I either need to cross-dress or hire some homeless guy to come with me as my 'friend' if I don't want to get a NJ FID card. Is this normal for rental ranges in NJ?
Heritage. It's in Rahway nj , very close to Newark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mannojimmy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,287 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannojimmy View Post
Heritage. It's in Rahway nj , very close to Newark.
According to their web site their Rahway location doesn't have a firearms range - is that right?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:36 PM

No , I'll get the phone # for you.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Prepared

Heritage Guild only has a firearms range at their Easton PA location. Rahway is just a gunshop. Branchburg location is firearms and archery store with an archery range.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:06 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,647 Times in 20,426 Posts

There are probably places in PA, but maybe too far?

When I lived in NJ, I did all my shopping in the Bucks county Langhorn and Franklin Mills area. Must be a few gun ranges around there.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Prepared

I don't think Easton PA is any further from Newark than any other gun range in NJ that rents. I am 15 minutes from Newark in Hudson County and really Easton is a straight run out on Route 78. I actually have an annual membership to Heritage Guild. The place is very friendly, clean and spacious. You have to fill out a couple forms and watch their range video before heading in. $20 per hour, $12 per handgun/hour + ammunition. It is not cheap, but you also are getting a great experience for what you pay for.

http://www.heritageguild.com/Ranges/...ges-Rules.aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to derivativegal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcd View Post

Who Can Shoot?

Adult Male Shooters

Adult Female Shooters

You've probably come and gone by now but posting this for search junkies.

Guns for Hire (little falls) is nice, clean professional and expensive. It get VERY crowded on the weekends (2 hours waits.

RTSP (randolph, nj) is also nice, clean and professional and expensive. It gets crowded on weekends but not as crowded as Guns for Hire.

Bullet Hole: Small, dirty and less expensive. Much closer to Newark. Lots of local LEOs go there to shoot. Works in a pinch.