Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Subscribed Threads: Sorry if been posted before. CrookedAce Site Information & Suggestion Box 5 11-12-2016 08:31 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Golfer

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,345 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
I do not see what is wrong with a pro/anti vaccine discussion. .. I see more wrong with people that do not argue facts then a differing position.
Any subject is fine with me too, and attacks on people instead of ideas are unpleasant..

What I don't like is being forced to sort through all the posts to find stuff related to survivalism. Go to "New Posts" and you might have to read ten thread titles before finding one that is not political, religious, or conspiracy inspired. And it's not like thousands of new people are participating, either. It's the same old two dozen people using SB for their personal platform.

1.) We need two great groupings, one for survivalism and prepping and one for all others. And a "new posts" buttons for each.

2.) We need monitors to make sure threads are in the right place. The thread "Why against Islam?" went on for over 700 posts before getting caught and sent to the religious topic. That's 700 times people looking for food storage ideas had to skip over it. Come on, people!
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,905 Times in 20,499 Posts

Can you guys not read and comprehend?

There is a moderator warning above saying not to turn this into a pro-con vax discussion.

The thread here is simply about whether vax threads should be handled differently.

No wonder people argue all the time if that is the level of reading comprehension.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,714 Times in 7,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Vax threads are not off limits, it just seems lately every thread on it gets locked because people canít debate like adults in them
LOL there is a lot of that going around not just on this subject and not just on this site.

Hats off if you can fix it!
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 01:18 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post

There is a moderator warning above saying not to turn this into a pro-con vax discussion.

The thread here is simply about whether vax threads should be handled differently.

No wonder people argue all the time if that is the level of reading comprehension.
"Magua say... he understand the English very well."

Last edited by Madoc; 04-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: Classical movie reference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 06:55 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,351 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post

We arenít the kind of people who do what we are told.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 08:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,714 Times in 7,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuren View Post
The number of anti-vaccination threads in the "Health, Fitness, and First Aid" section of this forum board has seen a steady increase. While I feel everyone has the freedom to make their own choices on the topic of vaccinations, I find it irresponsible and perhaps dangerous to see information that has largely been found to be false in a section of SurvivalistBoards that tends to be dedicated to scientific and/or medical truths. I feel these anti-vaccination threads:
  • are definitely controversial
  • do very little to promote anyone's health (individual or public)
  • are mired in opinion (not scientific or medical fact)
  • seem to descend into trolling and flaming

They are becoming noise that detracts from the usefulness of the Health section.

My suggestion/proposal to Kev and the good Moderators of this board is to treat anti-vaccination threads as they are - a controversial topic that may be better suited to the "Controversial News and Alternative Politics" or "The Dark Side" sections of the forum, and move them there accordingly.

Thank you for your time and consideration! - zuren
Deleting aka censoring post can be dangerous but it is frustrating to see absolutely false items posted especially links disguised as news or science.

Add to that some seem to just be posting the absurd as a disruptive sport when others are in a serious debate on facts.

Most of the solutions I might suggest have as much down-side as up. IMO the only workable solution would be too much work for moderators. That would be to actually moderate discussions. I am not even sure that is possible even if one had the time.

Maybe rather than waiting until a violator is bad enough to ban outright to ban non-serious debaters from a particular thread. See that smacks of censorship.

It will take a wiser man then me to fix this.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,663 Times in 1,129 Posts

last november i stuck myself with a rusty fishing hook...saw my MD. he told me that he only had a full DTAP and not plain old tetnus. i have had an itchy rash on my body for 4 months that i cant get rid of...no prednisone shots, pills or creams are taking care of this. ill never take a vaccine again in my life.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:53 PM
Concerned

Thanked 1,600 Times in 530 Posts

I see this thread has turned into another pro vs anti vax thread.

Very disappointing, especially since a mod warned against such.

I find myself visiting the forum less and less and looking online for copies of older prepper and survivalist publications.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Jon For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread