Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger 10/22 .22 LR Black Synthetic Stock Rifle from $169 wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 07-03-2017 09:41 AM
Kel-Tec SU-22 Rifle .22 LR 16.1" 26 Rd Black from $255.63 wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 06-20-2017 07:54 PM
Black Powder Bullpup TookerJobs Black powder 3 11-28-2016 11:58 AM
Project: black powder pistol Lunes Black powder 1 11-01-2016 11:06 AM
FNH FN-15 Rifle 5.56x45 20" A4 Rifle (USED) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 10-06-2016 12:11 PM

Old 11-28-2018, 12:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,454 Times in 7,846 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs View Post
Won't see it till December buy my left hand 54 cal percussion Lyman Great Plains rifle finally arrived at the house.

Will be shooting patched ball. Need to research powder charges.
My first BP rifle was a percussion Lyman Great Plains kit but in .50cal. I honestly don't know which was more fun. Building it or shooting it. I "browned" the barrel rather than blued it and when done, got a lot of compliments from other P- BP shooters. I took a few deer with it but spent hours working on the perfect load for me. It was a lot of fun learning about it. I have shot the in-line ones a time or two. It's not the same.

I just started redoing it a little earlier this year. It needed some refinish on both stock and barrel. That's what happens when you tuck one away for a few decades.

I also have a percussion Lyman .50 pistol kit that was gifted to me years ago. I'm about ready to build that. It should be a fun project. I already have the "mountain man" belt, knives with period leather sheaths, a nice period type "possibles bag". And I'm growing a beard again. I could get some appropriate clothing and play mountain man someday soon. I have two good horses and what passed for the necessary tack from years back.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post: