Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Day Late and a Dollar Short 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 698 02-23-2019 01:34 PM
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 1101 12-24-2018 09:53 PM
Complete List Living off the Grid Grifters Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 150 10-16-2018 09:56 PM
Shelter in place kit? Buck91 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 18 05-21-2017 08:01 PM

Old 03-17-2018, 05:41 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,632 Times in 2,531 Posts

Advertise Here

Last time I checked, Wisconsin was in the top 5 HIGHEST income tax rates in the country. I rejected it solely for that reason. High taxes are never a good thing imo.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Hiker

I was born in Madison in 1965. my dad moved us to MO in 1973. I went back and forth for years as a kid to spend summers with my gparents. my maternal gparents finally moved down here to be closer to us.

the weather and the people are good. well if you like cold in the winter which I do.

if yu ask my dad why we moved? he would say too many laws and too many taxes.

laws they had up north in the 70's still are not in effect here in 2018.

for instance,if you had a old barn say from the 50's and could not afford to renovate it, the township would come onto your property and tear it down and then send yu a bill.it would be added to your property taxes.

I don't mean in town,yu may be 10 miles from a town,made no difference.

all property was zoned.my great aunt and uncle wanted to build a new house on the large farm they owned 10 miles from town.farm had been in our family over a 100 years. nope said the township council. that property is zoned agricultural.

I loved the time I spent there with my gparents, the fishing is awesum. but id never live there. too many laws.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ridgerunner1965 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,503 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexpedip View Post
I am, of course, biased but there's only 5 states I would consider living in: Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, Wyoming and Montana.

Wisconsin is and always will be my first choice. There is diversity (the good kind where open dialogue is ok and encouraged), the people are genuinely nice and the land can provide almost any type of crop, excluding those specific to warmer climates.

As far as things to do, WI has skiing (not mountain but it's still fun), plenty of lakes, beautiful geographic features formed during the ice age, thousands of miles of biking trails, a strong biking (of all types) community and several very good tourist areas? In case I forget WI is the home to Harley Davidson, Trek and Miller Brewing among other prevalent brands. We are the 2nd ranked destination state in the US for golf (surprise!).

Politically we are somewhat confused. We have a Republican controlled state gov't which does a very good job and will be passing constitutional carry n the next 1-2 years. However, as a state we usually vote democrat in the presidential election. Fortunately that didn't happen last time.

Cities: Madison is beautiful and has everything anyone could ask for including transitional level unemployment, 2 large lakes, any outdoor activity you can think of, very good health clubs/gyms and the BADGERS. UW Madison is usually ranked in the top 30 universities in the country and the campus is amazing. #1 college town in the US. If you are considering this area the best cities to live in are Verona or Middleton.

Milwaukee: very good industry, the brewers, excellent golfing opportunities, several universities including Marquette and UW Milwaukee. It's close to where FoxConn will be building their plant. I can't do Milwaukee the same justice as madison, I know Madison much better. most of the suburbs west of Milwaukee are good communities with good public schools.

The Packers!!!! You can live in a place with an excellent professional football team that is not owned by a douchebag billionaire.

Family activities: camping everywhere. WI Dells/Lake Delton. You have to look it up, it's difficult to describe other than it's a year round playground for kids and adults. Northern WI has thousands of miles of off road/snowmobile rails, summer camping/ boating in the chain of lakes. If you like deep water fishing you can charter a fishing trip on Lake Michigan.

Most importantly we are a state that honors and reveres The Constitution.

If you have kids or want to continue your education (under graduate or higher) Wisconsin has an excellent technical college and University system.

As it relates to this web site and prepping, WI has a large population of Amish. Importance? If you don't know anything about farming or the Amish, their community is open and peaceful. Meaning if you ask nicely and be respectful they will help any way they know how. You could go from knowing nothing to being a productive and self sufficient farmer by working hard, saying thank you, please and respecting someone's belief. Crazy huh?
Ever go to Rusty's bar?

Quarter tapper night on Tuesday or Thursday, can't remember, been many years, we'd throw $5 on the bar, each get a tray of 20 drinks and pound them down...The stories I could tell...back in my wilding days, many many years ago. Every bar had a story

Funniest thing I ever saw was in Madison during the Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Fest...again, many many years ago, before many of you were probably born. A plane flew over the square, headed down State Street, dropping nickel bags..
Old 06-27-2018, 11:00 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblingvanman View Post
Last time I checked, Wisconsin was in the top 5 HIGHEST income tax rates in the country. I rejected it solely for that reason. High taxes are never a good thing imo.
This is true. I work in MN but live in WI. After I'm done paying my income tax to Minnesota I get a credit to WI....and then have to pay WI another $1500/year.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:06 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 18,783 Times in 6,175 Posts

Can someone from Wisconsin explain this to me.

  Livestock premises registration.
(1)  Definition. In this section, ôlivestock" means bovine animals, equine animals, goats, poultry, sheep, swine, farm-raised deer, and any other kind of animal that the department identifies by rule for the purposes of this section.
(2)  Registration.
(a) Except as provided under sub. (3m), no person may do any of the following at a location in this state unless that person registers that location with the department:
1. Keep any bovine animals, equine animals, goats, sheep, swine, poultry, or farm-raised deer.
2. Keep any other kind of livestock that the department identifies by rule.
(b) A person shall register under par. (a) on a form provided by the department and shall provide all of the following information:
1. The registrant's legal name and any trade names under which the registrant keeps livestock in this state.
2. The registrant's business address.
3. The address of each location at which the registrant keeps livestock in this state.
4. The type of livestock kept at each location under subd. 3. and the type of livestock operation, using standards and guidelines from the national animal identification plan developed by the animal and plant health inspection service of the federal department of agriculture, to the extent practicable.
(3)  Coordination. A person to whom sub. (2) applies may comply with sub. (2) as part of the registration process under s. 95.55 or 95.68 or the licensing process under s. 97.22.
(3m)  Exemptions. The department may promulgate rules specifying exemptions from sub. (2), including exemptions based on the number or type of livestock kept by a person or on the type of locations where a person keeps livestock.

Link. https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...utes%2F95%2F51

Unless I'm misunderstanding this states anyone wishing to have ANY livestock must register with the state.

Please tell me I'm missing something here......

Considering relocating next spring and Wisconsin was my top pic. That along with the taxes might be a deal breaker.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:36 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,925 Posts

You get tax breaks for having cows on the property and it change the zoning as well. So yeah they would need to know what you have. We plan to change it with 2 to 4 meat cows.