My Black Powder Muzzle loader is the ultimate tactical/survivalists rifle - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a muzzle-loader/black powder gun in your weapons mix? ecocks Primitive Weapons, Bows and Crossbows 46 07-26-2017 09:11 PM
Eliminate Muzzle Rise - $70 for a AR15/AR10 Tactical Muzzle Brake (FREE SHIPPING) GearHog GearHog 0 09-12-2014 03:00 AM
32 0r 36 cal black powder rifle bulldog Looking for - want to buy 0 09-07-2012 11:39 PM
Muzzle loader wallydog Black powder 5 08-26-2011 11:28 AM
my first black powder rifle dionysus686 Black powder 3 09-23-2009 10:22 PM
My muzzle loader!!!! Brother Bear Black powder 10 07-09-2009 06:09 PM
need help looking for muzzle loader Brother Bear Black powder 5 07-08-2009 05:54 AM
Black Powder Rifle? Ghost22 Black powder 24 06-04-2009 09:15 AM

Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 PM

Advertise Here

Ya'll do realize that there are over 100 million ignition sources out there, just in propane BBQ grills alone, right? Add into that the untold number of Peizo Cigarette lighters...Click/Spark/Boom. 318 million population, 200 have grills, 150 have propane grills with electronic ignition, 100 mill or so..actually, factoring in the dopers, 250 mill have click lighters...Black Powder ignition is not a problem in any foreseeable future.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMinds For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 04:33 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanked 2,768 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiddog9 View Post
Ok then somebody please recommend me a good choice for a BP alternative weapon when my brass, bullets etc run out.
I assume Flintlock, but what caliber? Model? Manufacturer?.....Thanks.
How about a primitive weapon that ruled the woods back in the BP days.. A bow and arrow.

I picked up a Bear Recurve at a gun show for $7.00. Wait until Wal-Mart has their "After Hunting Season" clearance sales and you can get arrows and some pretty gnarly broadheads pretty cheap as well.

And.. the arrows are easily found and reusable..

I keep a couple of targets in my back yard and my bow with some arrows is always by my back door. Step out, shoot a few as I walk to my shop.. Neighbors don't know anything is going on..

I've got 3 compound bows as well but, two of them are pretty old technology. One is definitely usable, just like the feel of that ole recurve a little more..
Old 11-29-2017, 05:56 PM
Hiker

A Blunderbuss can also shoot round ball. For the correct powder load you need to know the caliber. Using abrasive projectiles will damage the bore in time. The shape of the muzzle has little effect on the spread of shot, the bell muzzle was for intimidation.
Keith.