Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When do we leave? SupermanPJ4444 Urban Survival 56 07-05-2016 08:50 PM
When to leave... mnmom Urban Survival 36 03-19-2015 07:42 AM
If you're thieves and a crazy old man with a shotgun says leave...LEAVE! Prepping General Discussion 98 09-02-2013 03:25 PM
I Need To Leave You! Jungleboy Jokes, Humor & Music 20 06-13-2013 01:51 AM
Can You Please Leave? DigitalSherpa General Discussion 72 02-23-2013 09:37 PM
I can't leave.... Shanks Mare General Discussion 17 01-27-2013 04:55 PM
Leave NZ alone midquinn Political News and Discussion 6 12-26-2012 06:02 PM
I'll just leave this here... mattbatson Controversial News and Alternative Politics 48 03-19-2012 12:36 PM
After we leave AFF General Discussion 13 10-13-2011 06:07 AM

Old 03-18-2015, 01:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,630 Times in 645 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakergreg View Post
It was a LOT nicer here 40 years ago. Most the a holes here are transplants from other states, (and countries.) Very few of us lifers are happy with the way our state has turned out. (I never voted for any of the libs, but enough fools did)
I was born in Hollywood - Presbyterian Hospital. 1959. Things were a bit different then than now. I don't admit usually that I came from the land of Fruits & Nuts. What a shame that such a beautiful state is consuming itself. Will the last American to leave pls turn out the lights? The rest of us don't have to foot that bill too!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longhorngnu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakergreg View Post
It was a LOT nicer here 40 years ago. Most the a holes here are transplants from other states, (and countries.) Very few of us lifers are happy with the way our state has turned out. (I never voted for any of the libs, but enough fools did)
So true!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dasrock For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2016, 02:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,932 Times in 1,041 Posts

Me and the wife have lived here in Northern California all our lives, 53 years. I'm semi retired, she has the good job so we can't leave till she retires or shtf first. The up side is if shtf, I've got lots of years of hunting and working in the mountains so disappearing wouldn't be much of an issue
Old 04-25-2016, 03:01 AM

The Following User Says Thank You to jamison01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Prepared

Longhorn yep a few things have changed in the past 40 years, been here longer than that. Aside from this being a very liberal state, high income tax, high sales tax, and of course every other tax, a train to nowhere, possibly a big tunnel under the delta which would really account for that big sucking sound going south, a huge amount of our budget going to people who do not deserve it, this really isn't a bad place to live.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamais Arriere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKersey View Post
I straightened out the situation. I told them that my mother was extremely senile and she gets confused. She was only coming to Arizona for a "2 week visit".

Just trying to give future Ca escapees a heads up.
THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP!!! --I am selling my childhood home to leave California after living here my entire 49 year life. NO WAY AM I DONATING CASH TO THIS TYRANNICAL STATE!!
The Following User Says Thank You to CHRISTINE16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,215 Times in 2,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy_in_ca View Post
Haha - you can totally tell when someone's not from California when they call it Cali!
LOL, Been here all my life and I use Cali and Frisco so it can irritate some people.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:05 PM

Dragunov .. From a born and raised Kalifornistan I wish I could pull pitch and head to Texas .. just to many ties .. my best Bud is a true Texan. He gave me a bumper sticker when I do move there it reads " I'm not from Texas .. But I got here as fast as I could" If it wasn't for the prices and politics it would be alright. I'll just keep hiding in the mountains.
Peace
Old 10-10-2016, 02:13 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,216 Times in 4,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garland Ranger View Post
Dragunov .. From a born and raised Kalifornistan I wish I could pull pitch and head to Texas .. just to many ties .. my best Bud is a true Texan. He gave me a bumper sticker when I do move there it reads " I'm not from Texas .. But I got here as fast as I could" If it wasn't for the prices and politics it would be alright. I'll just keep hiding in the mountains.
Peace
My best friend (read: ONLY friend in CA.), is from Arkansas, and is stuck in the PRK, because his wife doesn't want to move. I moved anyways.

I retired very early from my .gov job, my wife resigned from her job, we gave up EVERYthing to get our daughters, and ourselves OUT of Repooblika. Even though it was a struggle for a couple years, we're all glad we did. My wife has lived in the PRK, since she was a year old, she needed to get out, had trouble adjusting, but is GTG now. I feel REALLY bad for her, because the only home she's ever known, has forced her to move, and there's no going back, and she knows it .

It's the politics, and horrible schools, that drove us out. Money was never really an issue.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,656 Times in 879 Posts

Used to live in Berdo (San Bernardino) Calif. when I was a kid back in the mid 60's and what I saw on a visit a few years ago is NOT what I grew up in. Then we moved to a place on 138 for a few years. So remote we didn't even have television reception even with rabbit ears....anyone remember those?

Used to go out onto the "freeway" (138) that ran along our place and hitch a ride to Devore where a mile or so away, there was a state park, with me fishing there. The hard part was trying to get a ride back home and one time had to walk back home which had to be at least 10 miles away. Imagine a kid trying to do that today.

And Berdo had a lot of fruit growing in everyone's yard: pomegranates, oranges, grapes, etc. If the limb loaded with fruit was hanging over the fence line, no one had any trouble with us helping ourselves or grapes poking thru the chain link fences.

When I think of the California I grew up in vs what it is today, it's like seeing a good friend who has now become an alcoholic/drug user. Totally unrecognizable.
The Following User Says Thank You to willc453 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 01:47 PM

I am in a similar situation, my wife and I have four kids living here in CA. We have a pretty good life (money's fine.. not amazing but fine). It's the principle of living in such a ridiculous state. I'd love nothing more than to get some space, peace, quiet, and community on Texas. I have my eyes on a few counties, and lived in Houston for about a year about 13 years ago. Always wanted to go back to TX after moving back "home" to CA...

Any recommendations? Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragunov View Post
My best friend (read: ONLY friend in CA.), is from Arkansas, and is stuck in the PRK, because his wife doesn't want to move. I moved anyways.

I retired very early from my .gov job, my wife resigned from her job, we gave up EVERYthing to get our daughters, and ourselves OUT of Repooblika. Even though it was a struggle for a couple years, we're all glad we did. My wife has lived in the PRK, since she was a year old, she needed to get out, had trouble adjusting, but is GTG now. I feel REALLY bad for her, because the only home she's ever known, has forced her to move, and there's no going back, and she knows it .

It's the politics, and horrible schools, that drove us out. Money was never really an issue.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:03 PM

We're heading to Kansas in 2190 days (but who's counting) after the last kid graduates. Kinda like counting the days in boot camp....but a REALLY long boot camp. LOL
Old 10-24-2017, 09:27 PM
old gunsel

Too late, Iím gone!
So long San Diego...