Pandemic striking America means goodbye Law Enforcement services - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 02-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Semper Fi

Thanked 15,687 Times in 4,828 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
First Responders do get first dibs on the government's supplies. This is to prevent them ever being in a situation where they feel a need to take anything from private citizens even if they were the type to do so.
It also helps ensure their loyalty to TPTB.

Hence why in CA EVERY anti-gun Bill has a carve out for LEOS. And LEOS are actively against any such bills that don't ensure their protected status.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 10:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 19,938 Times in 8,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
Would it even be possible to shut down all the roads into a county in this day and age? The Spanish Flu hit at the dawn of the automobile age when most people still traveled long distances by train. There weren't a huge number of roads back then. I'm guessing there are at least 40 that go in and out of the county I live in. The only way to barricade all the roads would be to deputize a large number of volunteers.
Depends on how much of the citizenry you mobilize, and the nature of the county itself. Also, folks knew one another better in the Spanish Flu days. A stranger was more to be remarked then than now, when a lot of us don't even know their neighbors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 19,409 Times in 5,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper_Ed View Post
The only way to barricade all the roads would be to deputize a large number of volunteers.
I imagine if people get scared enough they will simply do it themselves.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
Unlikely, the county we live in is near on twice the size of Rhode Island.

The only true way to do it would be as in some Chinese areas, where they ripped up the roadways & burmed them.
Even that wouldn't be enough given the huge numbers of 4wd vehicles and atv/utv/sxs type vehicles in America.

While the county I live in is bigger than 9 of the States (bigger than NJ and DE combined) we don't have many roads into it. Unfortunately one of those roads is I40.

Luckily there is only about 70K people living in that large area so easy to avoid people if needed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 11:07 AM
Trapper

Thanked 3,079 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
It also helps ensure their loyalty to TPTB.

Hence why in CA EVERY anti-gun Bill has a carve out for LEOS. And LEOS are actively against any such bills that don't ensure their protected status.

"...and LEOS are actively against any such bills that don't ensure their protected status."
Yes. IMO this is a BFD. The NZ police didn't just throw law-abiding and fully-licensed* firearms owners under the bus; they at all levels and ranks pushed us further under the proverbial bus with both threats and heavy-handed direct action.

* downunder we are obliged to be licensed as individuals... yeah, I know... but no 2A...)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2020, 05:32 PM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,607 Times in 8,861 Posts

Police will STILL be there. They were there when the Spanish Flu hit back in 1918 and all the other flus since then too.

What you will see is a change in how they operate. They will be wearing gloves and masks to protect themselves and keeping their distance when possible. They will be quicker to deploy the tasers or pepper spray to control irritable people. They will also be quicker to shoot hostile people once the pandemic gets to a certain point. They won't be transporting anybody who is sick or maybe sick in their cars.

Police gear will get cleaned down at the end of every shift as will the police cars too. All officers will be required to disinfect every time they come into the police buildings. Guns will be scrubbed daily with alcohol and then oiled down after the scrubbing with alcohol.

Police will still be there only operating in a different way than you normally see them working. You'll also see them taking more reports by phone too. Don't count out the police so soon. They have modern plans for such things as a pandemic. You just don't realize it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Trapper

Thanked 3,079 Times in 770 Posts

Most of us don't realize it. Some of us have a very realistic appreciation that the police are primarily in our community to protect and serve the criminal and the political classes (but I repeat myself) and keep them safe from the untrammeled wrath of the righteous.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madoc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2020, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 19,409 Times in 5,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madoc View Post
Most of us don't realize it. Some of us have a very realistic appreciation that the police are primarily in our community to protect and serve the criminal and the political classes (but I repeat myself) and keep them safe from the untrammeled wrath of the righteous.
It is a double-edged sword. While I agree that the majority of LEO work is babysitting and relationship counseling keeping people safe from themselves, there is also the fear of repercussion that keeps the Boogaloo daydreamers in their apartments and trailer homes for fear of losing their night stocking job at Piggly Wiggly.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 01:45 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 10,084 Times in 4,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post
It is a double-edged sword. While I agree that the majority of LEO work is babysitting and relationship counseling keeping people safe from themselves, there is also the fear of repercussion that keeps the Boogaloo daydreamers in their apartments and trailer homes for fear of losing their night stocking job at Piggly Wiggly.
And those same people are all talk and won't lift a finger when the time to act finally comes.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2020, 03:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 70,197 Times in 21,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post
You sure about that?

Tell that to some Korean shopkeepers I know of....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 03:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 70,197 Times in 21,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
Police will STILL be there. They were there when the Spanish Flu hit back in 1918 and all the other flus since then too.

it.
I think what many fail to realize is that in vast areas of the country "they" aren't there NOW!

I was just out shoveling compost into a raised bed.
(Back out at it in a few min.)

There was a pistol in the pocket of my insulated coveralls...
No cops around, nor likely to be.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 04:25 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
You sure about that?

Tell that to some Korean shopkeepers I know of....
There's a guy over on AKFiles that as a young college studnet is in one of the pictures of Roof Koreans.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2020, 01:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,948 Times in 2,507 Posts

I remember videos taken in the L.A. riots. Shop keepers were standing in front of their stores shooting at looters. the police were on hand. The looters were also armed. My hunting buddy's reserve unit was activated and he was in charge of some reserves. They were discouraged from firing their weapons. He told me that some of the looters were given a lesson in military justice though. Never rely on someone else to save you back side.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2020, 12:16 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,739 Times in 554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
I remember videos taken in the L.A. riots. Shop keepers were standing in front of their stores shooting at looters. the police were on hand. The looters were also armed. My hunting buddy's reserve unit was activated and he was in charge of some reserves. They were discouraged from firing their weapons. He told me that some of the looters were given a lesson in military justice though. Never rely on someone else to save you back side.
Kind of like the only two businesses on Ferguson's main drag that weren't looted:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...vey-the-damage
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prepper_Ed For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 37,352 Times in 8,945 Posts

Departments are starting to cut activity. Stopping all unnecessary traffic stops, non-emergency calls are to handled over the phone or through glass in the lobby at the station. Avoid contact with the public unless there is imminent danger to human life.

Some departments are also sending all non-patrol home to be on stand-by to replace the patrol officers as they get sick.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 12:37 AM
Swirl Herder

Thanked 10,066 Times in 2,664 Posts

Quote:
Departments are starting to cut activity. Stopping all unnecessary traffic stops, non-emergency calls are to handled over the phone or through glass in the lobby at the station. Avoid contact with the public unless there is imminent danger to human life.

Some departments are also sending all non-patrol home to be on stand-by to replace the patrol officers as they get sick.
So I am presuming that looting and theft of other private property will not be considered an "Imminent danger to human life".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hardcalibres For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 AM
Grevcon 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcalibres View Post
So I am presuming that looting and theft of other private property will not be considered an "Imminent danger to human life".
Our girlfriend just got her apartment burglarized today. She called 911. About 2 hours later she got a return call from an officer who took report over the phone.

She ran downstairs and a neighbor heard her door and ran out and checked the lock. She had failed to lock it since she was only going to be out for a couple minutes. They ran in, grabbed stuff, and ran out. She heard her dog barking 1 floor down, went back up, and they were already gone with her door left wide open. She even heard through the thin walls a neighboring apartment discussing their loot so she knew who had it.

No one was dispatched to the scene.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 01:19 AM
Swirl Herder

Thanked 10,066 Times in 2,664 Posts

Quote:
Our girlfriend just got her apartment burglarized today. She called 911. About 2 hours later she got a return call from an officer who took report over the phone.

She ran downstairs and a neighbor heard her door and ran out and checked the lock. She had failed to lock it since she was only going to be out for a couple minutes. They ran in, grabbed stuff, and ran out. She heard her dog barking 1 floor down, went back up, and they were already gone with her door left wide open. She even heard through the thin walls a neighboring apartment discussing their loot so she knew who had it.

I wonder how long it will take before the bad guys in the bad neighborhoods work that out.......
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hardcalibres For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 04:18 AM
Grevcon 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcalibres View Post
I wonder how long it will take before the bad guys in the bad neighborhoods work that out.......
These guys did it once, even got caught by her. She yelled at them when she heard them through the wall so they know they were busted. Nothing happened to them. No police came. There were no consequences.

They learned it today. They will do it again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 04:55 AM
Hiker

Thanked 3,592 Times in 558 Posts

Quote:

Well this convinced me to barricade my front door =/

I live in a funny situation where a lot of people don't even know I live here because I seldom use the front door. Enough do though so I think I'm going to set that up right now.

No worries it's not something I can not remove in a matter of seconds in case of emergency.

I'm not sure I need any extra precautions for my back door since no one ever used the back way out and only half of my building even has access to it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bittersweet For This Useful Post: