Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone Significantly Overweight? 4giv3n1 Health, Fitness and First Aid 54 09-25-2015 12:23 AM
Are gen3 P-mags significantly improved over gen2's ? MIL-DOT Military Weapons Forum 12 03-01-2015 12:05 AM
Stores that *significantly* overprice .22lr Delvan Firearms General Discussion 30 02-07-2014 10:49 AM
Challenged Dr Buddy New Member Introduction 19 12-08-2013 07:43 PM
Obama is grammatically challenged Admiral Nelson Political News and Discussion 3 09-30-2011 02:42 PM
Challenged, Not Defenseless creekfreek Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 01-01-2011 05:34 PM
Is Mexico morally challenged Rascals General Discussion 34 09-02-2010 03:17 PM
My county's propery taxes rising this year significantly! BJJ_Grappler General Discussion 11 08-23-2009 01:48 PM
McLame to be challenged in 2010 mongoose Political News and Discussion 2 04-21-2009 03:11 PM

Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,963 Times in 2,023 Posts
Default Dollar Being Challenged Significantly

Advertise Here

Okay, I know there are other threads out there regarding the very recent news on foreign countries collaborating to price oil and other commodities by a basket of currencies (and up to 50% gold bullion!!!!), but I wanted to post my own so that I do not hijack those although I full out know that posting my own is in a way hijacking others. Sorry, it is just easier to organize my thoughts.

This is a very, VERY big deal today. Overseas they are sick and tired of financing America and all that entails. They literally finance everything we do if you consider how much debt they own and purchase. They finance our spending = retirements, booms and bailouts, wreckless wars, healthcare... you name it, they finance it. We are 6% or so of the world population yet we romp around as if it all depends on us. The reaper hath cometh. The rest of the world is giving us the middle finger.

I have heard the year 2018 being thrown around as the drop dead date to finish off this plan, but I am also hearing that it will be coming much faster than that. You cannot be the last one to that game once it is announced, trust me.

A while back I was posting/debating Watcher about the cause of the hyper inflation that is coming. I said it will differ from anything we have seen before because it is going to come from our currency being smashed into the ground as opposed to massive printing of money. Yes, we are flooding the world with money but not as much as is being destroyed through this credit collapse. Hence my thoughts that we would see deflation until the world was fed up with our nonsense and dumped the USD.

I cannot stress how lethal this is to our nation. Of course we are going to hear other countries deny this "rumor". The laws of supply and demand govern that denial and it is obvious.

"No, there is nothing wrong with the roof.... buy the house...."

"But you don't have anything on the second floor and there is water streaming down the walls when it rains..."

"Well, I am scared of heights and that water is mearly an illusion"

"A what? That makes no sense. I felt the water, it is real."

"Are you saying you don't like water? Buy the house."

I mean this is how basic it is. Foreign banks walk from the USD and our game is so over it isn't even funny.

I have been very scared of the "Audit The Fed" speak going around and thought it would create a false flag event of some sort.

This situation with the USD however is climbing rapidly to the forefront. Watch this very, very closely.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
sic transit gloria mundi

Thanks FK. We've missed you lately. Ya been off prepping or something?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandg View Post
Thanks FK. We've missed you lately. Ya been off prepping or something?
I wish!

I have been very busy at work and with the Church missions. I am also taking time to get out into the woods to film a bunch of adventures and gear reviews for the new YouTube page.

If I could I would be off prepping... I'll leave it at that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 12:41 PM
To secure peace is to...

Thanked 6,537 Times in 2,164 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

FK,

What are some of the more serious ramifications to this rather than just the obvious?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJPP View Post
FK,

What are some of the more serious ramifications to this rather than just the obvious?
1. War

2. Eventually a much, much lower standard of living for Americans

Number 2 will happen with or without war however.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,814 Times in 1,293 Posts

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/world...dollar-3-35705
Old 10-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Criminitly!

It's a good thing our politicians had a mind to pass this massive debt down enslaving several generations of Americans! I wish we could get all our manfacturing crap back from China!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,229 Times in 4,127 Posts

So FK, what is your advice for us, in addition to the obvious prepping, in reaction to the Dollar moves? Or is there nothing really anyone can do besides that?

Donate to help this forum.
www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php

New Solar Powered Backup Generator Provides Instant Electrical Power In Any Outage Or Disaster.
http://images.ultracart.com/aff/E1DE...800/index.html
Old 10-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***** View Post
So FK, what is your advice for us, in addition to the obvious prepping, in reaction to the Dollar moves? Or is there nothing really anyone can do besides that?
By now everyone here knows my stance on giving personal advice BUT what you are going to see is a very large supply of USD coming from the US and slack demand coming from foreign central banks. More supply and less demand sets up a nasty equation for the value, or worth, of the USD. I would love to buy a gas card today and put "gallons" on it instead of "dollars". The price of everything is going to skyrocket eventually but to be honest, in an odd way, in the short term I bet we see USD strength. That will come from the money that exits the stock markets seeking stability creating USD demand.

The money is going to move back down the risk spectrum again and flood into bonds, and a TON of it already has. Then it is going to go into hard goods and commodities, which it clearly is. The prices of anything denominated in USD's is going to spike and the cost to us holders of USD's of other goods denominated in other currencies is going to spike. Think oil.

This is what other countries have been suffering from. Welcome to the party. We are going to see interest rates spike as the money flees from the long end of the yield curve and we are forced to raise interest rates to compete in the fixed income world. Higher interest rates will almost immediately translate into severe dislocations of other interest rate instruments so we will also see mortgage rates, loan rates, climb much higher.

The implications for our government are dire and will be swift. We will not be able to finance anything. Period. We have such large deficits and need so much credit that our government will grind to a halt. We finance everything so all you have to do is ask what will happen when we cannot finance anything.

It is going to be the end of the party and the hangover will be violent.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, the price of everything you own will go down and the cost of everything you want will go up. The only safe place I see is hard goods. I don't care about paper fiat money any longer, never have. It is all about goods, tangible goods with value that stem from utility not implication.

I only need money to attain something else. I can't eat it, etc. It is useless to me unless I can attain something with it. When that utility is gone, you better have what you need or else you will pay dearly. I don't know any simpler way to put it.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Survivor

Thanks SO much for that excellent analysis and explanation! VERY valuable indeed.

New Solar Powered Backup Generator Provides Instant Electrical Power In Any Outage Or Disaster.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Survivor

As an update, and a rather shocking one, at least 5 Asian Central Banks made major moves last night. These moves involved massive purchasing of the USD and even some selling of their own currencies to preserve the price peg. I wonder what kind of decline the USD would have had if those measures were not undertaken. I also wonder if we are going to see an incline in the USD which predates some kind of announcement making (public) the IMF the world's central bank and making the SDR the world currency.

What I can tell you though is that another "stimulus package" will send chills up the spines of the countries that just bought heavy into the USD or sold their currency to support the peg. This is the race to devaluation that I spoke about in my "Ode" threads. This is going on in Europe as we speak and has made its way here. Countries are so hungry to export that they are trashing their currency to make it appealing to importers, and I strongly believe that our government is printing massive amounts of money to pay its debt, very much an open default and illegal.

There is no way out for the United States. I hope people are starting to understand that. When you print a fiat currency backed by nothing and you produce nothing, you better not have debt. We cannot payback our obligations now, and those obligations are set to get worse in the future and a future that is now closer than previously thought due to plummeting tax revenues and skyrocketing spending. People that say "The Asian countries need the United States" are using an argument that is, at best, 10 years old if not more. The only thing we have produced in the last 15 years is debt.

China's choices are either you take it on the chin, or from behind. They are going to be hurt either way but they are sick and tired of financing our nonsense wars and nation building. They would rather focus their money inside their country and growing relationships with countries that have much better demographics in terms of earnings population (see India and South America), countries with natural resources, friendly countries that are not a military threat, and I am sure that they would prefer countries that are not out of control spenders like a drunk in Vegas with a new credit card.

This is simply not rocket science and there are a confluence of events happening right now that really make me nervous. I am not an alarmist but I cannot seem to find the snooze button.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Survivor

All I can say is, hope springs eternal. Perhaps TEOTWAWKI has been delayed for a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseKid View Post
As an update, and a rather shocking one, at least 5 Asian Central Banks made major moves last night. These moves involved massive purchasing of the USD and even some selling of their own currencies to preserve the price peg. I wonder what kind of decline the USD would have had if those measures were not undertaken. I also wonder if we are going to see an incline in the USD which predates some kind of announcement making (public) the IMF the world's central bank and making the SDR the world currency.

What I can tell you though is that another "stimulus package" will send chills up the spines of the countries that just bought heavy into the USD or sold their currency to support the peg. This is the race to devaluation that I spoke about in my "Ode" threads. This is going on in Europe as we speak and has made its way here. Countries are so hungry to export that they are trashing their currency to make it appealing to importers, and I strongly believe that our government is printing massive amounts of money to pay its debt, very much an open default and illegal.

There is no way out for the United States. I hope people are starting to understand that. When you print a fiat currency backed by nothing and you produce nothing, you better not have debt. We cannot payback our obligations now, and those obligations are set to get worse in the future and a future that is now closer than previously thought due to plummeting tax revenues and skyrocketing spending. People that say "The Asian countries need the United States" are using an argument that is, at best, 10 years old if not more. The only thing we have produced in the last 15 years is debt.

China's choices are either you take it on the chin, or from behind. They are going to be hurt either way but they are sick and tired of financing our nonsense wars and nation building. They would rather focus their money inside their country and growing relationships with countries that have much better demographics in terms of earnings population (see India and South America), countries with natural resources, friendly countries that are not a military threat, and I am sure that they would prefer countries that are not out of control spenders like a drunk in Vegas with a new credit card.

This is simply not rocket science and there are a confluence of events happening right now that really make me nervous. I am not an alarmist but I cannot seem to find the snooze button.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Survivor

So ... Franchise Kid ... when are you moving to one of those better, other countries you speak of?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixelguy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 15,909 Times in 4,195 Posts

FK, long time listener, first time caller...lol. What can the US do in the face of this new global will and resolve to no longer enable the drunk? War is on the table and is the most likely outcome but war against whom and with what allies?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:14 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentoro View Post
It's a good thing our politicians had a mind to pass this massive debt down enslaving several generations of Americans! I wish we could get all our manfacturing crap back from China!
Be easy if we had leaders with any backbone.Impose high tariffs on imports.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***** View Post
So ... Franchise Kid ... when are you moving to one of those better, other countries you speak of?
Not sure yet. I was hoping it would be sooner than it is looking like. At this point I am focused on getting my YouTube webpage up and loaded. I am working with Billy Jack on that and he will be editing my video reviews. I am going to spend a significant amount of time this weekend in a semi-remote location doing field testing on a few different knives and some trap demonstrations. I am very excited about that page.

The URL is http://www.youtube.com/user/Franchise0KidURL

What you see up there now is filler more than anything. After this weekend it will be loaded up with pictures and hopefully during next week the videos will be completed and up there along with music, etc. I am going to shoot an introduction video that will be the main video for a little while for people new to The Franchise Chronicles.

As for the blog site, I need to take some time to get that going as well. Just been super busy at work and at home. Until that is done I will keep posting my thoughts here, good, bad, or indifferent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
FK, long time listener, first time caller...lol. What can the US do in the face of this new global will and resolve to no longer enable the drunk? War is on the table and is the most likely outcome but war against whom and with what allies?
Welcome to the show... stay as long as you'd like!

Good question and unfortunately one that does not have a direct answer. The trouble with economics and finance on a global scale is that you have no way of knowing the unintended consequences of your country's action. We can sit back in our 100% financed lazy boy chairs and say that we should just slap high tariffs on the Chinese but a trade war with China would absolutely crush the USA. What people often fail to recognize is that we have been exporting our inflation to China for decades. When that comes home to roost, the fixed income game we enjoy so much at 3% will be a "remember when" joke.

I cannot find one way out for the United States simply because we do not produce anything. We have, for so long, been the financial center of the universe. That is now gone overseas as well. Our standard of living is going to be much lower moving forward than is has been as we are literally asking a much smaller and debt laden population to support the largest portion of the population. We have terrible demographics and we are entering this cycle with no dry powder in terms of $$$. We owe the entire world trillions.

From where will we pay that back? Nowhere.
When will be pay that back? Never.

We do not produce anything. We have created massive asset bubbles for the last thirty years to mimic prosperity but all we have done is saddled our country and its citizens with debt that we have no chance of paying back.

We have defaulted on our debt. We pay it back with printed money. That is a default by any definition. China knows this, other central banks know this. Of course they do not want to see the collapse of the USD, they are holding trillions of them. But it is clear as day to see them moving down the yield curve and out of agencies into much more liquid Treasuries and they are using their USD's to buy any hard asset they can whether they can use it now or not. Stockpiling copper? You bet. Can they use it? Not for another 10 years. Do they care? Nope. Anything is better than the USD.

This is what scares me. Whenever we are threatened like this, as a country, we go to war. Period. It is disgusting that we consider war as a possible solution to the issues but war is the most profitable industry our country, and the elite, know of.

We have no allies. We have no threat against us militarily. So we will make one up. We will stage something. But what will that accomplish? 9/11 rallied most of the country immediatly behind our president against an enemy that very few of us knew we created. That entire situation has been a train wreck from day one. Literally. If you took away the names of the events and just described that situation to someone, they would look at you and wonder what planet you were from. These are terrible situations to be in and ones that bring down an empire.

The demise of the USD, our standard of living, and economic landscape is assured at this point. The question of when remains. I would submit that it will happen very soon, as in the next three years. This will not be a wake up one morning to chaos event though. We will have a decline that will be rapid but not overnight. The decline will be organized by those overseas banks essentially giving us the finger. They obviously do not want the USD to go to $0 tomorrow, they need time to unwind their holdings, buy more resources, form alliances, build up their military (China anyone?), develop their own internal economic system.

We only have one option in the mind of the elite. It is far from correct and even further from a solution. But that is what scares me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 20,514 Times in 5,821 Posts

FK,

1st off welcome back...

I'm fairly convinced that this debasing of the dollar has always been intentional, as TBTB know that there is no way the US can pay off its debt. My theory is they devalue the dollar (and all debt that is dollar based) to the point that they can replace it with a new currency and restructure the existing debt... issuing "new" currency(debt) for old debt at a ratio that would create some solvency for the American economy. The US taxpayer (through the US balance sheet) would still be on the hook for debt... but it would be in the new currency.

Our "real-world" problems still exist though....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post: