Looking to make a group to get out of oregon before it sinks - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oregon Group (PDX) Beatupoldcop Events, Connections and Get togethers 2 08-01-2016 12:46 AM
Argentina Sinks Chinese Ship FRBollyT General Discussion 30 03-20-2016 12:33 PM
Hello from Oregon - looking for group preppers knotredy New Member Introduction 18 03-18-2014 07:25 PM
After Civilization Ends S Hits the Fan Better to Stay Hidden with Your Group or Make Hershon2000 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 53 12-31-2012 02:05 AM
Hello. New to group. New to the idea that I need to make some decisions. Jolt.CM New Member Introduction 13 06-10-2011 06:54 AM
looking for Oregon Group survivalistfamily Events, Connections and Get togethers 0 04-03-2011 07:36 PM
Can you make yourself a group person or is a lone wolf doomed to stay that way? wolfdreamer Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 17 01-04-2011 08:29 AM
New here. Love what I see and know this group can make a difference Mr. Prepare New Member Introduction 16 07-07-2010 03:02 PM
Aussie Sub sinks US ship 8 Passes Wind General Discussion 16 08-07-2008 07:41 AM

Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 PM

Default Looking to make a group to get out of oregon before it sinks

Advertise Here

Looking for other Oregonians that might want to join a group that consist of my family my wife and my two step children both in there 20 need to get off the coast have pertinent info about immanent land mass separation need to act soon before we all go swimming my facts are real. The Ozarks is the desnation in mind. Or any were on the north American crayton .
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisbruce1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbruce1978 View Post
Looking for other Oregonians that might want to join a group that consist of my family my wife and my two step children both in there 20 need to get off the coast have pertinent info about immanent land mass separation need to act soon before we all go swimming my facts are real. The Ozarks is the desnation in mind. Or any were on the north American crayton .

The Big One?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texagonian01 View Post
The Big One?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theoretically, there is a 33% chance of a massive (9+ Richter) seismic event happening at any time.

This would be catastrophic to the Oregon Coast line. Currently, if the Cascadia fault slips, we will see an immediate land shift 11 feet to the SW.

We typically have a large scale seismic event every 200-500 years in the northwest. This has been confirmed through sediment records. We are currently 316 years into that cycle.

If you live east of the coastal range, you will be fine. No land separation possible from this event. If you live on the coast, you will want to move inland, as the tsunami generated by this event will wipe the coast line clean.

I am a geology student who is studying these exact things for my career. Somehow it has blown itself out of proportion. Yes, people will die, but getting your house stocked with food and supplies will help you quite a bit.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to njordragnarok For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,322 Times in 6,624 Posts

Now that's a first post !
Welcome to both of you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppapa View Post
Now that's a first post !
Welcome to both of you.
Thank you much!

Old 07-31-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njordragnarok View Post
Theoretically, there is a 33% chance of a massive (9+ Richter) seismic event happening at any time.

This would be catastrophic to the Oregon Coast line. Currently, if the Cascadia fault slips, we will see an immediate land shift 11 feet to the SW.

We typically have a large scale seismic event every 200-500 years in the northwest. This has been confirmed through sediment records. We are currently 316 years into that cycle.

If you live east of the coastal range, you will be fine. No land separation possible from this event. If you live on the coast, you will want to move inland, as the tsunami generated by this event will wipe the coast line clean.

I am a geology student who is studying these exact things for my career. Somehow it has blown itself out of proportion. Yes, people will die, but getting your house stocked with food and supplies will help you quite a bit.

So question...I live in the Hillsboro area of Oregon. Should the 9.0+ hit, how in trouble am I really? Ive researched this alot, but cant find a decent outlook on this area.
The Following User Says Thank You to Foamcups For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2016, 07:30 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,082 Times in 677 Posts

You know people have been predicting these major earthquakes on the west coast for a long time now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mattsn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamcups View Post
So question...I live in the Hillsboro area of Oregon. Should the 9.0+ hit, how in trouble am I really? Ive researched this alot, but cant find a decent outlook on this area.
Depends on how close you are to the Columbia, and what part of the city you are in.

If you are close to the Columbia, expect flooding as the tsunami will travel up the Columbia and flood it's tributaries. If you are in an urban environment, expect power to be out for up to 3 years. It may be quicker than that, but most of our infrastructure will be heavily damaged.

I would recommend moving to Mid Valley. Honestly if it does go, a lot of us will be hurting regardless. I live in albany right now and even we would have a hard time due to bridge collapses and motorway damage.

I would begin heading east towards Sweethome area. There is a decent amount of game in that area for food, as well as numerous rivers and streams for water.

The Following User Says Thank You to njordragnarok For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsn View Post
You know people have been predicting these marine earthquakes on the west coast for a long time now.
It's not an exact science and it is hard to predict. Mostly because we can't see how the subducting plate is reacting with our plate.

We do know that our coastline has been moving northeast for a while now. Currently we have had a shift of 11 feet northeast. Once the plate move past the hang up, all of that land will rebound in a matter of minutes.

It's been predicted quite a few times, and that's just due to the historical record laid in the sediment cores showing that a massive event triggers every 200-500 years. We are getting pretty dang close to the historical limits of when these events are supposed to take place.

It's better to prep food, water, ammo, and first aid supplies. It will be quite some time before we would be able to get help from the rest of the US.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to njordragnarok For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2016, 03:41 PM

just moved from the Ozarks, have things to watch out for there also, dump fire in st louis is heading for old waste site, lot of the water is fouled big time and now with fracking in neighboring states,Branson is really depressed and so on,,well it just aint what it used to be there. grew up there moved off then went back and it just wasn't the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to twilightbld For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Retired thinker

Thanked 30,040 Times in 6,285 Posts

Good luck on your move. Wherever you go, consider renting first to make sure you fit in and like it there. Next, don't tell anybody you are from Oregon. You'd be surprised at the pushback people get when moving from CA and other mega-liberal areas. Rumor has it that Oregon is a VERY liberal place. Tell your new neighbors you are from "down the road aways or some other non-specific BS."
Old 09-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Will hunt for food!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 389 Posts

It's not a rumor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockin90 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2016, 10:57 AM

33% chance of the big one at any time. Ok, did it happen now? No.

...How about now? No.

...How about now? Nope, still hasn't happened. ****...there goes the average!

My point is: that statement makes no sense. Is there risk of earth movement and tsunamis on the Oregon coast? Yes. There are other risks elsewhere. Running around trying to avoid natural disasters doesn't make sense, and there is much more to be worried about in Oregon than an earthquake in my opinion (though I am not living in Oregon at the moment, I have lived there for 38 years). That aside, survival and prepping is about just that...being prepared, not running away from what *might* happen. Think about how you can mitigate risks where you are. If you really want to move, think about the risks in the area you want to move to. Which one fits best with the resources you have?

Just my $0.02...

Quote:
Originally Posted by njordragnarok View Post

Old 06-05-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillzee View Post
Good luck on your move. Wherever you go, consider renting first to make sure you fit in and like it there. Next, don't tell anybody you are from Oregon. You'd be surprised at the pushback people get when moving from CA and other mega-liberal areas. Rumor has it that Oregon is a VERY liberal place. Tell your new neighbors you are from "down the road aways or some other non-specific BS."
Rent first... wise words.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:33 AM

Be prepared for culture shock if entering the Ozark Plateau area from anywhere outside the rural South. After 8 years in this area I eagerly await the move out. There ARE worse places than than this hotbed of loud ill-educated buffoons. This is "good old boy" territory and the long-term residents are seemingly unaware that anything exists outside their narrow mental and geophysical boundaries.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 AM
gagged

Thanked 9,599 Times in 2,736 Posts

Tennessee is very nice, I have visited there a few times and liked the area.
My kids left Texas and moved to Oregon because college made them liberals. I have visited Oregon its pretty but I dont feel comfortable there.
Good luck finding place to land

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 06:22 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,322 Times in 6,624 Posts

Anything yet?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Prepared

When I opened this topic I expected it to be about Oregon's economic troubles. They seem more imminent ��
Old 12-24-2017, 08:40 PM

Read these:

Oregon Resiliency Plan
http://www.oregon.gov/oem/Documents/...Plan_Final.pdf

DOGAMI
http://www.oregongeology.org/sub/hazvu/index.htm

Cedar
The Following User Says Thank You to Cedar_OR For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2018, 10:18 PM

Yes! Hillsboro and points east into the Cascade Range are in jeopardy! Dig in and read up.