Remmington Arms Company Customer Service Is Terrible - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coleman Customer Service!!!! T-Rex Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 12-08-2014 06:39 PM
Goal Zero Customer Service WolfSpring Reviews and questions 7 03-08-2014 02:40 PM
Terrible Customer Service from RGUNS Just Jeff Reviews and questions 8 01-30-2013 09:28 PM
Lee Customer Service arnoldrew Firearms General Discussion 2 08-28-2012 02:52 AM
Disaster(ous Customer Service) TDFbound General Discussion 9 02-27-2012 04:57 PM
Customer service ain't dead...... OLDWarrior64 General Discussion 6 12-09-2011 01:18 PM
S&W Customer Service Beantown Doug Pistol and Revolver Forum 3 09-30-2010 06:43 PM
Ka-Bar's customer service....... MIL-DOT Knives, Swords & Axes 6 04-27-2010 09:55 PM
Customer Service experiencedprepper General Discussion 36 07-26-2009 04:05 AM

Old 04-06-2013, 06:02 PM
Outdoor Life is Good

Default Remmington Arms Company Customer Service Is Terrible

Advertise Here

Met with hostility when a call was placed to Remington arms company to rectify a defect in their craftsmanship on an 887 nitromag. If you own an 887 nitromag look down the vent rib an see if it is crooked. There was several of them like that sent to the gun shop where we shop. The gun shop wont be carrying remmington products anymore and I wont either. Remington wont stand behind there product. Big Fat F Remmington Arms Company.

Last edited by TxHills; 04-07-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,970 Posts

but you don't have a problem with the gun shop? ..... they have a greater warranty with Remington than you do .... I don't even know why you are trying to deal with Remington .... return the gun and get your $$$ back
Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Outdoor Life is Good

The gun shop did make the first call, they were met with the same response. Remington doesn't want to fix the problem. Don't get me wrong I do like my remmington shotguns, I was abit bent out of shape when I wrote the previous post. The gun shop sold several of those 887s. mine wasn't the only like that. Bad on the gun shops reputation. Remmington manufactured the gun not the gunshop. It may very well be that one indvvidual on the other end of the phone making remmington look bad. They made the gun they should fix the problem, its under warranty, we are going to talk to someone else in the company. Im real happy with my 870 supermag its a great gun. we like the 887 we just want the problem fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 PM

All gun manufacturers have horrible customer services these days, Ruger will not reply to my emails and when I call I get routed to a voice mail that is full and will not take more messages.
I guess that is due to the overwhelming buying of their products.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,970 Posts

again, none of this is your problem .... it's the gun shop's problem .... your remedy is on a county/state basis .... you don't have the interstate commerce laws to deal with Remington .... the gun shop does .... the gun shop can either do the return or a small claims court will do it for you ....

if you bought a flat screen from Best Buy or Wally World ..... it came out of the box crapped .... would you be calling Japan trying to talk to Sony?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illini Warrior For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 20,747 Times in 7,683 Posts

I imagine all the companies employees are just like us, a bit stressed over what the future holds. I have personally had no problems dealing with Remington or Ruger concerning replacement parts. Agree with IW - the seller should have inspected the weapons before accepting shipment of the guns.
The Following User Says Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Outdoor Life is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
again, none of this is your problem .... it's the gun shop's problem .... your remedy is on a county/state basis .... you don't have the interstate commerce laws to deal with Remington .... the gun shop does .... the gun shop can either do the return or a small claims court will do it for you ....

if you bought a flat screen from Best Buy or Wally World ..... it came out of the box crapped .... would you be calling Japan trying to talk to Sony?
I see what your saying, we should take it back to the gun shop, and get the money back. Let them deal with it.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post

All the time I have bought a gun it was sold and they told me I would have to deal with the manufacture to return it or warranty it.

Correct me if I am wrong because I would like to know.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Learning

Thanked 6,654 Times in 3,112 Posts

Odd, I had some #1 buckshot from Remington (purchased for Natchezss). I called Natchez first and explained the problem (buffering material running out the end of the shells...a gritty material). They gave me the number of a QC guy whom I called.

Remington apologized and send me a shipping label. Fedex came to the door and picked it up and a couple weeks later I received a letter and replacement plus 2 extra boxes!

Couldn't be happier with Remington's customer service...that was for ammunition though.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:06 PM
PEDRO66 Never Forgotten.

Listen to IW he knows what he is talking about. I had the same issue and the gun shop in which I purchased it from took full responsibility gave me my money back for the Remington and got a $250.00 credit towards ammo purchases (and this is in CA!!)
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,347 Times in 2,814 Posts

you think its bad now wait untill they move. colts moving to texas, and remmington mulling a move to
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Target Shooter

Never having needed to returned a bad gun to Remington (or Winchester for that matter), I can't talk about what happened to you. Having had some problems with Rem .22s, of all types, they have been very good about replacing them.

As a gunsmith, I can tell you Ruger on the other hand sucks (completely in my experience) when returning guns and getting them repaired. One of the worst guns I ever saw was a brand new Kimber I ordered, total junk and needed to be rebuilt. Lee Reloading has the worst customer (DIS)service in the industry. Not only do they NOT stand behind their products, the so called two year warranty is a sick joke. Computer and electronics only WISH their cistomer service sucked as bad as Lee does.