Use of multi-player games for firearms training - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firearms Training in WA Bazooka Joe Washington 21 03-02-2016 05:00 PM
firearms training schools Jamesconn Firearms General Discussion 2 08-30-2014 06:56 PM
How much ammo is used during one day of firearms training? Unknownsld Firearms General Discussion 48 03-20-2013 05:23 AM
Firearms Training in Minnesota Velvet Elvis Firearms General Discussion 2 11-17-2012 05:44 PM
Firearms Training sprkymrk General Discussion 32 08-24-2011 04:47 PM
Anyone have Formal Firearms Training? BhmJeep Firearms General Discussion 26 06-01-2011 10:20 AM
Firearms Training PLA Firearms General Discussion 4 08-23-2010 04:43 PM
Training games Chick Norris Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 01-25-2010 02:11 PM
Firearms training gmdfunk Firearms General Discussion 14 02-03-2008 01:42 AM

Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 41,268 Times in 8,121 Posts
Default Use of multi-player games for firearms training

Advertise Here

I play an online multi-player game called counter-strike:source.

As I was watching some videos from yahoo and youtube, I have noticed the same thing over and over - stand in front of the target and shoot. When I fire off a few rounds it is usually the same way. Just stand in front of the target and fire. The shooter might run around a room and shoot at the targets, but usually they are always in front of the shooter. For the safety of the people watching the shooter go through the office setting, there can not be a target behind him/her. So there is almost never anyone hiding behind the door waiting for the shooter to come through. Or else the shooter will be shooting at the audience.

My opinion - this does not teach the shooter strategy skills. Repeated firing at a target might get your aim better. But, does this (stand and shoot) teach you how to out smart another person in a live fire situation?

While playing, I have been shot several times from people hiding behind doors. When you go through a door way, you always check the sides and behind a door. During the youtube and yahoo videos, people go through the door and shoot at their targets. The targets are almost always right in front of the shooter. Well, if I am waiting for someone, I sure aint gonna stand in the middle of the room for them to shoot me.

These online video games can teach a shooter strategy, stuff you are not taught too often at the shooting range.

There have been times when I have been pinned down by a sniper. How do you get from here to there and kill that sniper. All I have is a pistol and the other guy has a bolt action scoped rifle. Its times like that where the shooting range experience is almost useless.

These games can also teach you team work, while still being forgiving. Example - you do not step in front of your buddies line of fire while he is shooting.

Last edited by kev; 08-10-2007 at 09:15 AM..
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
In a pile of brass

Thanked 1,649 Times in 863 Posts

we gotta play some counter strike some time, im gonna go play cs right now
Quick reply to this message