Survivalist Forum banner

does anybody know what this cake is?

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mama Bär 
#1 ·
I used to live in Germany and eat this all the time..I really want to know what the name is if anyone can help me. Thanks.

Food Dessert Cuisine Cake Chocolate cake

See less See more
#7 ·
#9 ·
Google translate from Mama Bar's link:
ingredients

For the sponge cake: (light soil)
4 Egg (s)
75 g Flour
50 g cornflour
1 pinch. baking powder
3 tbsp water 125 g sugar
For the sponge cake: (dark soil)
95 g Flour
62 g cornflour
1 pinch. baking powder
2 Tea spoons cocoa powder
5 Egg (s)
155 g sugar
For the topping: (marzipan ceiling)
300 g marzipan
80 g Icing sugar, sifted
50 g Chocolate, dark
50 g Chocolate, white
For the cream: (butter cream)
1 Egg (s)
160 ml Milk or even more
160 g sugar
400 g butte r https://translate.googleusercontent...n.html&usg=ALkJrhiYGLcP8gak7ntoPKQjJ9FNh6ZpfQ
preparation

Working time: ca. 1 hour / level of difficulty:. Normal / calories p. P .: not specified
Preparation bright biscuit:
Separate the eggs. The egg whites with sugar until fluffy. The egg yolks and a further 2 min. Continue beating. Flour, cornflour and baking powder, seven and fold into the egg mixture. The whole stress on a lined baking tray.
Bake in preheated oven at 200 ° C top / bottom heat for about 10 minutes. Bake. leave to cool on a rack, to which I attach a dry tea towel.

Preparation dark biscuit:
The ingredients for the dark sponge exactly as described in bright biscuit base.

Preparation buttercream:
Boil the egg with the milk and sugar in a saucepan, stirring constantly once and allow to cool.
The butter is about 10 min. Open white foamy. When the egg mixture is cold, stir it slowly with the mixer the whipped butter.

Now a biscuit plate coat with a portion of the cream, the other plate placed on it. Now the whole thing in about 10 cm wide strips cut (then give a total of 3 strips each consisting of a dark and a light layer).
Now again sprinkle only 2 strips of the 3 strips with cream and the remaining two are each coated on a set.
Now stand this stripe package edge and cut diagonally. Now vertically put together so that a dark and light side are ever together in the middle. The two triangles thus formed with cream "stick together". Now the whole pyramid outside spread with cream.

The marzipan with the icing sugar and knead and roll between 2 baking sheets about the size of the pyramid and they stock up with it. Possibly protruding sections or fold into the cake.

Then the chocolate melt in water and thinly alternately so that the cake as necessary. Then immediately pull with a fork shafts in the still moist chocolate. Then put the cake until it is consumed for at least 1 hour cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.