Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,082 Times in 492 Posts
Default Bugging out UK fail.

Advertise Here

So, all the Londoners jump in their cars, well not all of them but a significant percentage and " headed to the hills" last week.

Massive traffic jams in Wales.

FFS when will people get it into their heads that there is no real wilderness in the UK, there are 70 million of us packed into a tiny area, no where is more than a days drive from any where.else in the UK.

I bet loads of them an old air rifle they were going to use to feed themselves with too, they won't last week.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geordie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 06:05 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,224 Times in 394 Posts

The UK and Britain gave up wilderness and rural living for a Godless, cosmopolitan lifestyle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NickB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 08:58 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,255 Times in 499 Posts

I lived in southern England for 10 years. Two anecdotes w.r.t. to 'heading for the hills' in the UK:

1) My local park in Toronto suburbia sees more wild animal life in two hours that in the 2 day hike I remember in central Wales, Lampeter and Pumsaint area. Having lived in various places in Europe and North America, I cannot believe how little wildlife there is in south Britain, yet I'm not surprised when the population density is considered.

2) I went once for a week's vacation in Cornwall, around 2002. I swear we had more traffic there than in London's Ring Road at 5pm or the M25 during the extra lane add on in the 00s. We stayed at a campsite... that was busier than the suburb of London where I lived... yet I loved Cornwall (people and scenery, love real Cornish pasties)... but the crowding...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2020, 09:00 AM
The river flows

Thanked 1,255 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie1 View Post
So, all the Londoners jump in their cars, well not all of them but a significant percentage and " headed to the hills" last week.

Massive traffic jams in Wales.

FFS when will people get it into their heads that there is no real wilderness in the UK, there are 70 million of us packed into a tiny area, no where is more than a days drive from any where.else in the UK.

I bet loads of them an old air rifle they were going to use to feed themselves with too, they won't last week.
According to your politicians, a lot more illiterate and barely literate from faraway can be fit in comfortably...
Old 03-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Hunter

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 2,657 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
The UK and Britain gave up wilderness and rural living for a Godless, cosmopolitan lifestyle.
Not true. They have Allah.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 02:30 PM
Proud to be Welsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Not true. They have Allah.
Load of bollocks.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:34 PM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,178 Times in 2,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
Its a pretty small country and the industrial revolution and latterly improved agricultural practices emptied the countryside. The facts arent really that exciting but feel free to tap your righteousness away on a device assembled in or made of parts made by China people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 03:40 PM

The locals must be ecstatic. A golden hoard of pestilence saturated citiots driving around in their BMWs snatching up all the local grub and putting an even bigger potential strain on local medical resources. But at least all their survival gear matches.

Godspeed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapitalKane49p For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 03:42 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,449 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
I lived in southern England for 10 years. Two anecdotes w.r.t. to 'heading for the hills' in the UK:

1) My local park in Toronto suburbia sees more wild animal life in two hours that in the 2 day hike I remember in central Wales, Lampeter and Pumsaint area. Having lived in various places in Europe and North America, I cannot believe how little wildlife there is in south Britain, yet I'm not surprised when the population density is considered.

2) I went once for a week's vacation in Cornwall, around 2002. I swear we had more traffic there than in London's Ring Road at 5pm or the M25 during the extra lane add on in the 00s. We stayed at a campsite... that was busier than the suburb of London where I lived... yet I loved Cornwall (people and scenery, love real Cornish pasties)... but the crowding...
The population density in South East England is 1200 per square mile. And yet still, within five miles of where I live I regularly see red kites and fallow deer. I walked across Wales five years ago and saw nothing, but then I was talking with my friend and we weren't that bothered.

Cornwall is the gods' own country (Christianity is only skin deep down there). I spent a summer there which I will never forget. The car parks for the pubs were always packed, so people just left the keys in the ignition ad parked nose to tail. If you wanted to go, you moved the cars that were in the way, got yours out then put them back. Happy days.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 04:28 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
Its a pretty small country and the industrial revolution and latterly improved agricultural practices emptied the countryside. The facts arent really that exciting but feel free to tap your righteousness away on a device assembled in or made of parts made by China people.
Leave him be, it makes him feel like a big man!

Oddly we live fairly rural yet haven't seen any sign of all these people, I think they all got it into their heads to go to the same 2 or 3 places. Pub shut obvs. but still doing take away, seeing dogs walked that never get walked. The quiet places we normally walk the dogs are busy.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 10,220 Times in 4,169 Posts

I’m semi rural and a few folks are gone from round here, to who knows where. I’m the last two days it’s like a ghost town, it’s so peaceful and quiet.

There’s clearly no need to bug out from here. Those up in the Hebrides had to not only close the bridge but also the ferry. The shocking thing is that the NHS hospitals up there are very sparse and can’t cope with the extra population.

The result I think, is if you think you’ll need to bug out then move their during normal times and not during a Pandemic, thus spreading the illness.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:51 PM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdy Bear View Post
I’m semi rural and a few folks are gone from round here, to who knows where. I’m the last two days it’s like a ghost town, it’s so peaceful and quiet.

There’s clearly no need to bug out from here. Those up in the Hebrides had to not only close the bridge but also the ferry. The shocking thing is that the NHS hospitals up there are very sparse and can’t cope with the extra population.

The result I think, is if you think you’ll need to bug out then move their during normal times and not during a Pandemic, thus spreading the illness.
Purdy Bear, I think your keyboard might have some kind of virus?!
The Following User Says Thank You to geordie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2020, 02:10 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,449 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie1 View Post
Purdy Bear, I think your keyboard might have some kind of virus?!
That's what happens when you post from an iPhone.