When are people going to take Coronavirus serious? - Page 23 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-23-2020, 01:13 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,551 Times in 3,465 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
That is THE most important thing to do, for this and every other virus, etc out there. Take care of yourself and you will fight off most anything. Vitamins are key. I take vitamins and I drink a lot of alcohol so viruses have zero chance in my body...they float around bumping into each other with extreme munchies.

But, the 6' social distancing thing is such utter BS, and the plexiglass windows with holes all in them and the cashier stepping around another BS feel good move. Everyone wearing these glorified tissue paper is another BS feel good. IF, and it's a big if, everyone would simply cough/sneeze into their hand or elbow or tissue etc then we don't need masks. They don't protect the wearer at all basically, no eye protection, etc. All these feel good measures are to give people hope that they control this aspect of their life. Well, people do have control and it's through their own body and how they treat it.
True. If everyone acted responsibly, you wouldn't need any government to tell you to wear a mask, or keep your distance or wash your hands, or not to cough and sneeze and spit in people's face and all over produce in the supermarket and all these things. We wouldn't need any laws at all.

Unfortunately the majority of people doesn't seem to be responsible enough though, as clearly visible in the US and EU at the moment.

Behind every rule, you have an irresponsible idiot to thank for the rule.

(And true, they don't protect the wearer well. They protect the others from those who cough and sneeze outside of their elbow, and just spread whatever they have around. The more people wear them ... the more effective it is to protect against community spread.)
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 61,772 Times in 13,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
True. If everyone acted responsibly, you wouldn't need any government to tell you to wear a mask, or keep your distance or wash your hands, or not to cough and sneeze and spit in people's face and all over produce in the supermarket and all these things. We wouldn't need any laws at all.

Unfortunately the majority of people doesn't seem to be responsible enough though, as clearly visible in the US and EU at the moment.

Behind every rule, you have an irresponsible idiot to thank for the rule.

(And true, they don't protect the wearer well. They protect the others from those who cough and sneeze outside of their elbow, and just spread whatever they have around. The more people wear them ... the more effective it is to protect against community spread.)
Apparently in Lincoln County, Oregon only whites need to wear masks.

Quote:
Lincoln County, Oregon, has exempted non-white people from a new order requiring that face coverings be worn in public — to prevent racial profiling.

Health officials announced last week residents must wear face coverings in public settings where they may come within six feet of another individual who is not from the same household.

But people of color do not have to follow the new rule if they have “heightened concerns about racial profiling and harassment” over wearing the masks, officials said.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...-white-people/

hahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

POCs are allowed to "cough and sneeze and spit in people's face and all over produce in the supermarket and all these things."

Solution: Never go to a supermarket where POCs frequent. Stay away from crowds in general and those with POCs specifically.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2020, 10:57 PM
Perspective provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
Apparently in Lincoln County, Oregon only whites need to wear masks.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...-white-people/

hahahahahahahahahaha !!!!

POCs are allowed to "cough and sneeze and spit in people's face and all over produce in the supermarket and all these things."

Solution: Never go to a supermarket where POCs frequent. Stay away from crowds in general and those with POCs specifically.
Yeah, as i responded in the thread about the article: idiots. That's just stupid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2020, 12:15 AM
Retired kafir

Thanked 61,772 Times in 13,909 Posts
Default What if it's an "inappropriate" mask - even if it's free?

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...-state-of-utah

Watch the video where the triggered "karen" gets all bent out of shape because the free masks she got had "Don't Tread On Me" on them. Insufferable twat.

I went on Amazon looking for that specific mask so I could buy one. Couldn't find it.

If I had a hundred of them I could sell them all in a day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mask gun.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	306024  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2020, 09:25 PM

Okay let me be honest here.... I live in a county in New York called Rockland County. My husband died April 11th 3 days after getting the Virus. I have many friends that have died from the virus. I am calling it "The Virus" because im so sick of hearing its actual name. My husband was not in good health however some of my friends who have died were younger and in good health. Out of all my friends only 1 of them survived. The Virus is not a Hoax and its not over by far unless it totally mutates into something that is less catching or looses its outer protective layer. Although it is not a Hoax a lot of things seem weird or unanswered and people are manipulating systems to either cause more panic or to give people a false sense of this is getting better. The only reason for the better Covid number is because of the lockdown and we can not lockdown until we have a cure because we will fall apart. Look what just 3 months did.... Be careful out there and hope for the best but prepare for the worst case scenario. Do not fall for the false sense of this just going away. Prepare to bug in for the long haul. Use long term foods in case im wrong you will still be ready for the next disaster. Be safe and be prepared always.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psycwisper2007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Prepared

When we start taking Bush's terrorism alerts seriously that flashed all over the news all the time. (Hint we never did). If this is Covid-19 what is Covid 1 like?
Old 07-11-2020, 08:45 PM

It seems like no one is taking it seriously. Even nurses and doctors are still in restaurants, riding Ubers, and acting stupid.

People have battle fatigue over it by now, but that doesn't mean it disappeared. In our house we have people that work around the chinese virus patients and they're all ages. Not just old feeble grandparents. We have to completely fumigate before re-entering the house in the evening. Guess what the hospital makes us do?

1. Remove our PPE and place in hazard bags.
2. Clock out.

Seriously. Nobody is taking this seriously anymore, even those that should. In the meantime, I've got our second freezer installed and filled halfway with meats and quick meals, and my garage looks like a Wal-Mart. I believe I'm the only one in our entire neighborhood that will be ready for September/October after the schools re-open and this thing spreads like wildfire.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DumbOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2020, 08:50 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 11,091 Times in 4,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbOkie View Post
It seems like no one is taking it seriously. Even nurses and doctors are still in restaurants, riding Ubers, and acting stupid.

People have battle fatigue over it by now, but that doesn't mean it disappeared. In our house we have people that work around the chinese virus patients and they're all ages. Not just old feeble grandparents. We have to completely fumigate before re-entering the house in the evening. Guess what the hospital makes us do?

1. Remove our PPE and place in hazard bags.
2. Clock out.

Seriously. Nobody is taking this seriously anymore, even those that should. In the meantime, I've got our second freezer installed and filled halfway with meats and quick meals, and my garage looks like a Wal-Mart. I believe I'm the only one in our entire neighborhood that will be ready for September/October after the schools re-open and this thing spreads like wildfire.
Do you really think kids going back to school is gonna make the virus spread like wildfire?
Old 07-11-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Do you really think kids going back to school is gonna make the virus spread like wildfire?
Absolutely. More bodies in close proximity, a population (children) that carries asymptomatically (no symptoms, think Typhoid Mary), and the known fact that children don't wash their hands, touch everything, and love touching each other. It's a recipe for a large spike in infections.

The only saving grace is that more people infected and surviving will equal more people immune. My estimation is that it will eventually kill those it can and burn itself out by midsummer, 2021 in larger cities.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DumbOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 04:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,379 Times in 1,514 Posts

Quote:
The only saving grace is that more people infected and surviving will equal more people immune. My estimation is that it will eventually kill those it can and burn itself out by midsummer, 2021 in larger cities.
This is why I like seeing the spike in confirmed cases now. The more we get infected and recovered now, the fewer there will be available come school season. This might actually be the second wave, it's just not as deadly as everyone was expecting.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Perspective provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
This is why I like seeing the spike in confirmed cases now. The more we get infected and recovered now, the fewer there will be available come school season. This might actually be the second wave, it's just not as deadly as everyone was expecting.
Nope, still the first wave, you just threw some measures on, and when they started working and showing in the statistics, threw them all out again.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 14,361 Times in 4,675 Posts

I’m waiting to see some hard stats on re-infection.

We already know that this virus can damage other vital organs, permanently reduces lung capacity, can cause neurological damage and the first antibody response can prime the pump to set up for the major cyto-storm when the next infection moves in. And I’m wondering if even just the “standard” flu bug we tend to get every so often can trigger that storm?

Time will tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 11:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,118 Times in 2,861 Posts

Botton line: you can slow it down but it eventually infects 100%, returns as it mutates, goes after the suseptible demographics, kills those with compromised health issues, probably in all age demographics and in demographics for obesity because of compromised health issues. Influenza did a similar evolution 100 years ago.

The dangerous issue isnt CV19 or what comes next as much as it is sub-standard containment protocols in labs overseas, specifically, China. Most labs fractice sectional containment and perimeter containment, at least. China practices perimeter only but they do so in heavily populated areas like Wuhan and in close proximity to markets. Thats not apathy or carlessness only, thats criminal incompetence at the very least.

And the penalty is companies pulling out thier operations, public ridicule and sanctions. Even so, they got off light compared to the next global pandemic thry start....and they will. That will be an escalating product boycott, an escalating cancellation of debts owed the Chinese internationally, exclusion from intrrnational markets, exclusion from continents.

Sounds harsh, but a pass on the first is a reaction on the second to prevent a third, which will come anyway. Reducing overseas income streams during thier military buildup will cause many international moments of stress.

CV19 is a symptom of a larger problem but its still a societal snd economic problem, and, a personal one to those with acute infections.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,379 Times in 1,514 Posts

I still look at stats and find them interesting. The last peak we had 36k positive tests. I looked at the number of tests administered and two days prior to that peak there was also a peak in the number tests administered at 363k. The most recent peak shows 66.6K positive cases with 626.6k tests administered. The positive rate is 11% for the last peak and only 10% for the current peak. That means the entire increase can be laid at the feet of increased testing.

If you look at the fact that more people are moving around and coming into contact with others and the riots that took place a short time ago, it is not surprising that the total number of people testing positive is rising. What is surprising to me is that the even with all of this, the percent of positive test coming back is remaining the same or going down. That means the virus is burning through those who are susceptible or those who are out interacting are taking precautions to slow the spread or a combination of the two. With the reports of people not complying with governor edicts I'd place my support more on people just not infected when they come into contact with the virus.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,644 Times in 7,796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...-state-of-utah

Watch the video where the triggered "karen" gets all bent out of shape because the free masks she got had "Don't Tread On Me" on them. Insufferable twat.

I went on Amazon looking for that specific mask so I could buy one. Couldn't find it.

If I had a hundred of them I could sell them all in a day.

Find someone who knows how to sew. Get fabric with patriotic messages on it. There are patterns on line to produce face masks. Put all of these together. Profit.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:00 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet Maker View Post
I’m waiting to see some hard stats on re-infection.

We already know that this virus can damage other vital organs, permanently reduces lung capacity, can cause neurological damage and the first antibody response can prime the pump to set up for the major cyto-storm when the next infection moves in. And I’m wondering if even just the “standard” flu bug we tend to get every so often can trigger that storm?

Time will tell.
So far there are no hard stats on Any reinfections.
Just a couple people with no or little proof about reinfection
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 06:05 PM
"eleutheromaniac"

Thanked 7,508 Times in 2,130 Posts

Quote:
So far there are no hard stats on Any reinfections.
Just a couple people with no or little proof about reinfection
http://themostimportantnews.com/arch...-be-dead-wrong
Old 07-13-2020, 06:23 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8SPC View Post
Old news....that same stuff is being posted everywhere.
The answers are still...... we don’t know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 06:27 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Like 3.3 million people tested positive in the US.....?
And all you can come up with is a hand full of people who MAYBE got Covid19 twice..... less than 10?

Hmmm. I’m guess those 3.3 million people s antibodies are working good
Old 07-13-2020, 06:35 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 9,998 Times in 2,809 Posts

Quote:
Except, that is not quite what was written:
Quote:
...I believe I'm the only one in our entire neighborhood that will be ready for September/October after the schools re-open and this thing spreads like wildfire.
Do I think that a bunch of kids cooped up in buildings, at the start of the typical flu season, is going to increase R0 for COVID? Absolutely.