Suppliers cutting back some products - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Food and water Discussion on food and water storage, water purification and related topics.

Advertise Here

Old 07-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,007 Times in 2,260 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
My wife does the ordering at the local ACE hardware store and Ball has stopped producing anything except basic canning jars. They can't get any fancy jars including colors and pint and a half jars.
Good info. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,540 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawami II View Post
Good info. Thanks.
Our local farm supply/hardware store that uses a coop wholesaler ( kind of like ACE- except they do no marketing, just the supply chain). Anyway, they provided marketing and industry info to retailers- and this one is huge, he has his own delivery, fertilizer, and feed trucks. The owner says they has been a huge uptick in gardening, homesteading, home food perseveration, and beekeeping, and poultry products. This was echoed by the CEO of TSC. So yeah, I can see Ball moving from production of 4 and 8 oz jelly jars, and drinking jars, and in to standard canning jars.

Kind of a fan of the small jars for spice preservation. It I use the plain Jane 1/2 pints, and a few 4 oz fancy jars.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to country_boy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2020, 09:17 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,393 Times in 1,061 Posts

I was looking for some Coke Zero Vanilla or Cherry, the Coke guy told me They were just canning the regular Coke Zero for the time being.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
I was looking for some Coke Zero Vanilla or Cherry, the Coke guy told me They were just canning the regular Coke Zero for the time being.
I need a Coke guy... got sent on a wild goose chase looking for Yellow cap Kosher Coca Cola for a relative. I am convinced it was a NYC only distributed thing.
I have to say I have learned more about the food supply chain in this virus mess than I have in my whole life. The Beanie Weenies I love seem to be canned in blocks/batches, same with the potatoes, tomato sauce and such.I only JUST saw Walmart have more 15 oz cans in stock,after what I think is a month. If anyone knows more about canned food production I would be very appreciative to hear from you.
And what ever happened to the canned meatballs or hotdogs??? I know such things aren't fine dining, but the long shelf life helped a lot for new guys like me to food storage have these available if trouble started.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,696 Times in 2,541 Posts

Amazon has hunts tomato sauce in 33.5 oz tetrpak 6 pack for less than $10 on subscribe and save.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 09:38 AM
Hiker

I used to crave salt. As a boy on the farm I would go into the feed room and knock of a corner of a salt block and carry that around in my pocket. About 15 years ago we moved and I went to a new doctor. He tested my thyroid and mine was under performing a lot. He put me on a medication and my desire for salt went away. I even complained to the wife that she was using too much salt. She asked who was I and what had I done to her husband. A long way to say those who crave salt have your doctor check your thyroid function.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,007 Times in 2,260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
Aluminium can shortage. If it's not a big seller they aren't using a can for it.
Old 07-13-2020, 11:27 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 63,615 Times in 21,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkerman View Post
I need a Coke guy... got sent on a wild goose chase looking for Yellow cap Kosher Coca Cola for a relative. I am convinced it was a NYC only distributed thing.
Passover Coke? Nope, I've seen in several major cities around the nation.

In cities over a million people that have a decent sized Jewish population they will sell it at select stores around the part of town where the Jewish folk most live, but only leading up until Passover.

You could just hunt for Mexican Coke instead. While not universal, most Coca Cola in Mexico uses sugar instead of HFCS. Just look at the label.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post: