Your preps for Brexit - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preps in a disaster? bluesue Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 03-04-2018 08:11 PM
Mother Nature tests my preps notyoung Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 01-29-2017 02:10 PM
How long before preps no longer matter? StayFrosty Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 83 01-14-2017 01:28 PM
How do you organize your preps? StayFrosty Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 27 01-08-2017 01:47 AM
Maintaining a level of preps avoid panic buying spikes kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 21 01-01-2017 07:37 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2019, 05:12 PM
rik_uk3's Avatar
rik_uk3 rik_uk3 is offline
Proud to be Welsh.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 743
Thanks: 283
Thanked 594 Times in 347 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

You need to really look at the US economy, look deep its not doing as well as looney don would have some believe. UK will be in the shame long term **** the states is heading into.
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2019, 08:46 PM
4X4's Avatar
4X4 4X4 is online now
Basket of deplorables
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 4,844
Thanked 3,712 Times in 976 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
You need to really look at the US economy, look deep its not doing as well as looney don would have some believe. UK will be in the shame long term **** the states is heading into.
Until I stop doing well financially I will have further conversation with you about this. Until then just another leftist non-US opinion that means about equal to squat to me
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2019, 12:00 AM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,771
Thanks: 2,812
Thanked 18,630 Times in 7,797 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
You need to really look at the US economy, look deep its not doing as well as looney don would have some believe. UK will be in the shame long term **** the states is heading into.
Make your case the US is not doing well.

I agree the UK needs to make a lot of changes as does all or the EU. But if you are happy with it that is none of my business.

None of you people can even defend yourselves.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 01:14 PM
hedgerowpete's Avatar
hedgerowpete hedgerowpete is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY
Posts: 695
Thanks: 631
Thanked 446 Times in 254 Posts
Default

would that be not able to defend our selves as in personally or in country as a whole

personally it is extreamly easy and everyones given right to own a shotgun. its slightly different here compared to the states in that we dont allow criminals and pyscopaths to have them just the mentaly well stable

I can buy a single barreled shot gun for $6 and can buy double barreled for $100 used. most clay target ranges charge $25 a go for 100 clays and the cartridges will cost me another $25,average price is $5 for 25 bird shot shells

as a country, yes we are fooked, no army and navy, the raf were always a bunch of poofs. Putin is not our biggest enemy, yes he is loud and obtuce but not as bad as others and certainly equal to previous USA presidents.

Our two biggest risks to civil life here is; USA forgien policy and the the actions in the middle east, i can see loads of hassle and countries being dragged into a s**t fest there.
The second one is our own polititions killing off the services beyond a recoverable point
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 06:42 PM
4X4's Avatar
4X4 4X4 is online now
Basket of deplorables
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,170
Thanks: 4,844
Thanked 3,712 Times in 976 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post
would that be not able to defend our selves as in personally or in country as a whole

personally it is extreamly easy and everyones given right to own a shotgun. its slightly different here compared to the states in that we dont allow criminals and pyscopaths to have them just the mentaly well stable

I can buy a single barreled shot gun for $6 and can buy double barreled for $100 used. most clay target ranges charge $25 a go for 100 clays and the cartridges will cost me another $25,average price is $5 for 25 bird shot shells

as a country, yes we are fooked, no army and navy, the raf were always a bunch of poofs. Putin is not our biggest enemy, yes he is loud and obtuce but not as bad as others and certainly equal to previous USA presidents.

Our two biggest risks to civil life here is; USA forgien policy and the the actions in the middle east, i can see loads of hassle and countries being dragged into a s**t fest there.
The second one is our own polititions killing off the services beyond a recoverable point
I hope I'm not completely derailing the thread but what brand of shotgun can you get for $6? I know England was famous for some very high end fowling guns at one point. I don't know if the Italians have stolen that market completely or not?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 06:57 PM
~Black.Dog~ ~Black.Dog~ is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,250
Thanks: 1,956
Thanked 5,896 Times in 1,726 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post
would that be not able to defend our selves as in personally or in country as a whole

personally it is extreamly easy and everyones given right to own a shotgun. its slightly different here compared to the states in that we dont allow criminals and pyscopaths to have them just the mentaly well stable

I can buy a single barreled shot gun for $6 and can buy double barreled for $100 used. most clay target ranges charge $25 a go for 100 clays and the cartridges will cost me another $25,average price is $5 for 25 bird shot shells

as a country, yes we are fooked, no army and navy, the raf were always a bunch of poofs. Putin is not our biggest enemy, yes he is loud and obtuce but not as bad as others and certainly equal to previous USA presidents.

Our two biggest risks to civil life here is; USA forgien policy and the the actions in the middle east, i can see loads of hassle and countries being dragged into a s**t fest there.
The second one is our own polititions killing off the services beyond a recoverable point
Just for the record, we don't allow felons or those judges mentally unstable to legally own guns in the US, either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 04:21 AM
hedgerowpete's Avatar
hedgerowpete hedgerowpete is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY
Posts: 695
Thanks: 631
Thanked 446 Times in 254 Posts
Default

single barrel shotguns were extramly common in the 1950 to 1970s and where made by all the names,but they are worthless to own or keep. everyone wants two barrels not one. infact they are a nightmare to get rid off and they clog your license so people hate them

it roughly works like this, my gun vault holds ten guns, if three of them are single shot shotguns its a pain in the backside causei cant buy another toy for the toybox with out getting rid of a shotgun, i cant sell the single barrels as they are worthless and no one wants to buy them and they cost $100 to scrap off and dismantle. as such the market for them is terrible.

I went to buy a floding 12 gauge and they guy had a russian bakle for sale with i wanted to reproof to magnum and steel and cost me 1 to buy, the folding shotgun is 2" 1/2" and cost 6,( i know i was ripped off) he also had a Webly for sale that produced in the same year and month i was born ( cant refuse a birthday date gun) so another 1 and i brought all three.

the folder is a great pouchers gun and folds flat in half, which is why i wanted it.
The Bakel went for reproofing and after 100 ($150) ish it now shoots 3" magnum steel loads, it is now my wild fowling gun and at a grand cost of 101 i dont care it it gets destroyed in salt flats and mud and i dont need two barrels as i am so rubbish at shooting anyway.

The wemby comes out once a year on my birthday and we do 50 clays withit and it sits back in the cupboard again. I am thinking of getting it deactivated completley and having it outside the gun vault, but thats going to cost 100 plus, sso my three guns for $10 has cost well over $300-$400, which is why no one wants them.


but they work just as well, self defense- rabbit-clay-goose and duck and at a quid well worth it

P.s. the UK standard of unstable is a lot higher than the states and we are not allowed to be so careless with ownership. Thats the bit where we seperate paths with gun ownership, Europe to USA.
But in that case what we have done is focused on other forms of self defence to get around our rules

Any way back to the OP question
Boris has all this brexit to sort out this year. how and when do we think thats going to happen. my big concern is not what we do but how euro reacts to it
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2020, 06:36 AM
SCPigpen's Avatar
SCPigpen SCPigpen is offline
Shade Tree Gynecologist
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Down South
Posts: 3,673
Thanks: 891
Thanked 6,877 Times in 2,326 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgerowpete View Post

P.s. the UK standard of unstable is a lot higher than the states and we are not allowed to be so careless with ownership. Thats the bit where we seperate paths with gun ownership, Europe to USA.
But in that case what we have done is focused on other forms of self defence to get around our rules

just question relating to prepping for brexit and the use of self-defense: Is the article below accurate when it comes to the victims response to an attack?
fom what i can tell you dont have a castle doctrine and you sure cant carry weapons when out and about.

what means of defense are you planning to use to get around your "rules"?

from what I can tell your government has left you to the whim of the largest and strongest.


https://www.ukpreppersguide.co.uk/wh...-self-defence/
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2020, 11:50 AM
geordie1 geordie1 is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: English(soon Scotch) border country.
Posts: 846
Thanks: 438
Thanked 1,064 Times in 483 Posts
Default

hedgegrowpete is right,I have been offered old worn shotguns for free as people want the space.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 03:39 AM
rik_uk3's Avatar
rik_uk3 rik_uk3 is offline
Proud to be Welsh.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 743
Thanks: 283
Thanked 594 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPigpen View Post
just question relating to prepping for brexit and the use of self-defense: Is the article below accurate when it comes to the victims response to an attack?
fom what i can tell you dont have a castle doctrine and you sure cant carry weapons when out and about.

what means of defense are you planning to use to get around your "rules"?

from what I can tell your government has left you to the whim of the largest and strongest.


https://www.ukpreppersguide.co.uk/wh...-self-defence/
The article is three years old and off a prepping site so its not really balanced. The courts these days back the home defender a lot more than they did in the past. Someone breaks into your home and threatens your life with a knife etc and you wack them with a bat its very doubtful you'd be found guilty of a crime.

Obviously not as many owners of firearms in the UK as the US but its still around 700,000 people who own a firearm whether a shotgun or rifle and the hobby is growing. Its easy to get a shotgun ticket here, and follow the rules and you can own rifles too. The government did try and ban ownership of .50 cal rifles but as they've never been used as a murder weapon here the proposed ban failed.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,771
Thanks: 2,812
Thanked 18,630 Times in 7,797 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
The article is three years old and off a prepping site so its not really balanced. The courts these days back the home defender a lot more than they did in the past. Someone breaks into your home and threatens your life with a knife etc and you wack them with a bat its very doubtful you'd be found guilty of a crime.

Obviously not as many owners of firearms in the UK as the US but its still around 700,000 people who own a firearm whether a shotgun or rifle and the hobby is growing. Its easy to get a shotgun ticket here, and follow the rules and you can own rifles too. The government did try and ban ownership of .50 cal rifles but as they've never been used as a murder weapon here the proposed ban failed.
But can you keep a firearm at home or must it be kept at a club.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 11:19 AM
geordie1 geordie1 is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: English(soon Scotch) border country.
Posts: 846
Thanks: 438
Thanked 1,064 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
But can you keep a firearm at home or must it be kept at a club.
You can keep a firearm at home. About a third of my village shoot and since New year it's been like WW3 round here with the grouse shooting.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 01:17 PM
PalmettoTree PalmettoTree is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 13,771
Thanks: 2,812
Thanked 18,630 Times in 7,797 Posts
Default

When I lived in Northampton, I thought you could not have a gun at home. Maybe because not being a citizen I did not try so I got poor information. Or maybe I could not keep one in a home if I was not a citizen. Anyway it seem I am wrong in a minor way since you cannot carry handguns.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 04:59 AM
rik_uk3's Avatar
rik_uk3 rik_uk3 is offline
Proud to be Welsh.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 743
Thanks: 283
Thanked 594 Times in 347 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
When I lived in Northampton, I thought you could not have a gun at home. Maybe because not being a citizen I did not try so I got poor information. Or maybe I could not keep one in a home if I was not a citizen. Anyway it seem I am wrong in a minor way since you cannot carry handguns.
I have two gun cabinets, one for shotguns and one for rifles.

Handguns are more or less banned, you can own black powder pistols and some handguns with a long barrel are permitted but they are not common

Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rik_uk3 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net