Survivalist Forum banner
28K views 57 replies 50 participants last post by  McLovin 
#1 ·
I went to my local Walmart a week ago (Near Seattle) and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw an end cap with Agason Farms Emergency Food #10 cans for sale. They have six for only $55.00 and I god a about five of those that day.

I shop at this store all the time and never had seen them carry these before.

Just wondering if anybody has seen the same thing in their local Walmart as well.

#32 ·
Augason Farms has "Everyday" size cans that you can order and use for testers.

So far, we've tested Country Fresh Milk, Chocolate Morning Moo's, Morning Moo's, Butter Powder, Powdered Whole Eggs, Blueberry Muffin Mix, Pancake Mix, Double Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix and the Honey White Bread and Roll Mix. All of it was good enough to pass the test.

Watch their site and FB page as they often have sales and giveaways.

#36 ·
About 2 weeks ago I seen Augason Farms Oatmeal in our store was in a bucket about 3 of them. It was in the section that contains all the industrial size food products gallon pickel jars, chili, beans and so on.

When I check for store locations it said our store didn't carry it. I will check and see if they still have some of the oatmeal next time I shop.

#42 ·
AF has shelf life info on the back of every can. To see it on the internet, click on a product and when the page comes up, you'll see a "Nutrition Facts" tab. Click on that and you'll see a link to a PDF file that shows the back of the label.

Here's a link to the Nutrition info on their Potato Slices.
http://www.augasonfarms.com/File/View/17dace77-6678-49ab-ad5a-dfda509d1762

Shelf life info is on the bottom, left.

#43 ·
I hopeful for Walmart in Michigan. A few weeks back I strolled in and nearly fainted when I saw a center grocery isle display of Keystone canned meats (28 oz) - chicken, pork, beef. I was so excited that I promptly scooped up several cans . . . . and forgot most of the rest of my shopping list. :D:

#44 ·
Sam's Club sells the same brand here. Here's what they have to say about expiration dates:

Grains and Rice have up to a 30-year shelf life (unopened)
Freeze-dried foods have up to a 25-year shelf life (unopened)
Dehydrated foods have up to a 15-year shelf life (unopened)
The cans are good for about a year after opening.

#45 ·
I looked for Keystone beef at Sam's Club last night and they didn't have it.

I ordered some Augason Farms products and we've tried the milk alternative. I served it to 6 kids for lunch and they all asked for seconds, just like they do with regular milk. Even the 3 year old whose mother says he "will only drink whole milk" asked for seconds.

#46 ·
As a covert suburban prepper with limited space/land/etc., i have had to be creative in the type and way i prep...

i recently bought two of their 30 day kits, individual portions vs # 10cans...

came wrapped in plain cardboard, now sit on the shelves..hiding in plain site...

i bought direct from them, shipped quickly..great customer service too..

i suggested to Kev that he get them onboard as a vendor and have referred AF to the site....

#47 ·
"I hopeful for Walmart in Michigan. A few weeks back I strolled in and nearly fainted when I saw a center grocery isle display of Keystone canned meats (28 oz) - chicken, pork, beef. I was so excited that I promptly scooped up several cans . . . . and forgot most of the rest of my shopping list. "

How much do they charge per can up there? I live in Atlanta and they are not available down here. I make several trips to Toledo each year and have to drive through Lima Ohio where Keystone in located and have stopped there twice and bought five cases the first time and ten the second. Saved a bundle on shipping. The current price at the store and online is $6 a can for the 28 oz size. If it's less than that in the stores up there, then it might be worth my time to try and find a source.

I bought a case back in 1999 for Y2K and never even tried it until about a year and a half ago. I looked at one of the cans and it wasn't swollen so I opened it and it didn't smell bad. So we added some gravy and ate it over noodles that night and was sold. I just buy the Ground Beef which isn't listed on their web site but you can call ahead and place an order or take your chance and buy it off the shelf at their store. But Ground Beef is not something they carry a lot of on hand. It's the same as their regular Beef except is ground up before they cook it. Since there is almost no fat content at all it almost looks like mush rather than Hamburger. So it's actually cheaper than most fresh ground beef that is ultra lean and it's already cooked. It's great for sauces.

#48 · (Edited)
As a covert suburban prepper with limited space/land/etc., i have had to be creative in the type and way i prep...

i recently bought two of their 30 day kits, individual portions vs # 10cans...

came wrapped in plain cardboard, now sit on the shelves..hiding in plain site...

i bought direct from them, shipped quickly..great customer service too..

i suggested to Kev that he get them onboard as a vendor and have referred AF to the site....

If you paid the regular price at Augason Farms, it would be $225, plus $12 shipping today for that 30 day supply. If you would buy it from Sam's Club the price is only $150 plus shipping and tax. In my case it turned out to be $26 for a total of $176 for a savings of $61. I didn't actually buy it, I stopped short of placing an order this morning. Costco also has a small list of 20 items that you can buy online and shipping is included in there price. Here is a link to Sam's Club listing Augason Farms products by price.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...age=80&searchCategoryId=all&rootDimension=nul

Here is the link to Costco's AF items':

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search...e=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

Here is Augason Farms link:

http://www.augasonfarms.com/

click on the Deal of the day, it will list a different item seven day's a week on sale and below it will list two items that are on sale for two weeks. I personally have all the items I want to order already picked out, so as they show up on the deal of the day, I place an order. I only do this for the items I want to buy in bulk as shipping charges would cost more than the savings for buying single items in most cases.

It would be worth your while to check both Sam's club and AF for the same items. Even though it usually cost more to ship through Sam's club, their prices are cheaper and AF had decreased the volume in many of their products and Sam's is still selling many items at the old volume levels. Some of the volume levels have been decreased by as much as 19% for the ones that I've checked so far. So some items on sale are still more expensive than Sam's club on an ounce per ounce basis, while others are not. Many of the items I've checked have the same lower volume level, so it's one of those things you have to check to see if your really getting a deal or not.

Sam's club carries many things that AF does not and AF carries many things that Sam's club doesn't carry. AF makes all of these items, but changes their line up from time to time based on what's selling. If their dealers want to keep selling an item, they'll keep making it.

#51 ·
I was shopping at an "eastern Iowa" walmart today and found the 4 gallon square pails labeled "emergency food supply". They were $40, marked down from $63. The markdown must not have made it to the computers, because the checkout lady tried to charge me full price. when the manager walked up, she said 'yeah, they're $40, someone bought one earlier'. Made me think that i'll go back tomorrow and get a few more. they were back in the sporting goods area. found them by dumb luck. was looking for shotgun shells.

#52 ·
well, wouldn't you know it, today I went back to pick up a few more of the marked-down Emergency Food Supply pails, and they were back to full price. $63.
The older gentleman who worked in sporting goods said he had no idea what the situation was with that product. I guess I'll keep a lookout for when they go on sale again.

#55 ·
here they dont sell it at walmart so I ordered mine from sams club I got the 1year pack since trying most all the Auguson foods I stopped buying alot of stuff from the grocery stores thats how good this product is I haven't purchased milk in a year I use morning moo this stuff tastes like real milk and I can make it as I use it so it doesn't spoil. the potatoes, blueberry pancakes,gravy's etc are awesome! I'm planning on purchasing another 1 year pack as soon as I get more shelving..
I think Auguson foods is the best bang for the buck!

#56 ·
If you go to Walmart's website you can find them there. Then you can search stores near you to see if they have them in stock. Only one store in the Kansas City area had the plastic bucket in stock for $63.
You should be able to use the ship to store feature and order online and then pick it up at your local store.

#57 ·
The LaGrande/Island City Walmart in Eastern Oregon not only has them but has expanded their section greatly. They when from about 10 or 12 different types to over 40 including square buckets of oats, wheat and sugar. All sorts of veggies and fruits all the way up to prepared meals. They essentially have an entire row for "prepper" foods and canned meats and a few bulk items.

#58 ·
If you go to walmart.com they have a limited amount of Augason Farms
items. If you order over $48 the shipping is free. I compared the prices
of a few things at sams.com and found they were a bit higher but Sam's
wanted to charge shipping. They won't do ship to store at least for my location.

McLOVIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.