Survivalist Forum banner
28K views 57 replies 50 participants last post by  McLovin 
#1 ·
I went to my local Walmart a week ago (Near Seattle) and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw an end cap with Agason Farms Emergency Food #10 cans for sale. They have six for only $55.00 and I god a about five of those that day.

I shop at this store all the time and never had seen them carry these before.

Just wondering if anybody has seen the same thing in their local Walmart as well.

#11 ·
Spokane Valley store off of Sullivan had the breakfast/dinner packs of 6 for about $55-57 in the main aisle between grocery & clothing, also a display of FD strawberries, eggs, beef TVP etc at the main entrance to Home/Living. Theu also had about a 1/4 of an aisle in Grocery with the individual cans - powdered honey, FD bell peppers.
Had 25# buckets of rice, wheat berries w/ O2 absorbers inside, as well.

This is the only store in the local area that I know of that is carrying this stuff so maybe it is a "trial balloon" as mentioned earlier. But it seems to be selling pretty well. I found out about it after buying some Mainstay bars at the last gun show.

#13 ·
We just had a thread from someone else who said their Walmart was carrying them too. I hope this spread to all the Walmarts. But I don't hold out any hope for my local ones.

But then again, I remember back to the great Y2K buying panic. Even our local Smith's grocery store started selling long term storage foods. And at a GREAT price I might add. From what the cashiers said, I was the only person out of the thousands that shopped there who bought it. I bought as much as I could afford each trip.

#14 ·
Sams Club sells this brand on the website - at GREAT prices... basically its almost buy one get one free when compared to augusons webstore direct.

I ordered a bunch - cracked open the scambled egg mix this weekend. WOW - very tasty. pretty much like the instant eggs on the buffet lines at various places.

nicely sealed with o2 abs

I will be ordering more from Sams Club. great deal... great food.

#19 ·
Hmm really?? MIght have to PM me with the exact location of it.. I live on the outskirts of seattle... I looked online at augasonfarms at the store locator and its really only showing a couple costcos that are sellin them. Im guessin there system isnt updated tho since i've heard of couple walmarts sellin them around this area...
What were in the 6 #10 cans for $55?? Thats a great deal.. guessin it wasnt meats/mealts etc...

#25 ·
We tried the scrambled eggs once at our hunting cabin. Heated it up just like the directions say. Not bad if you add some salt, pepper and a little hot sauce. LOL

Not great but not too bad either.

In an emergency situation I would eat it no problem. This is one reason prepping spices is such a great idea.

Thats the only thing I have tried though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.