Survivalist Forum banner
42K views 62 replies 45 participants last post by  Blacky 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I am looking to get my mitts on some bulk emergency foodstuffs for long-term storage. A few months ago I ran across these guys:
http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/
I just want to know if these guys are trustworthy as a retailer and manufacturer, and if their product is any good before I put down money.
Dried food has some advantages for me and my family. As far as I know, it's insensitive to temperature, lasts 30 years, and only requires hot water to make. Also, it's light, and Wise sends the stuff in plastic drums, so I can stack it and move it rapidly into my jeep and GTFO of dodge.

In all honesty, I am just trying to figure out the best course of action on setting up food supplies for my family.

#45 ·
Colt45on spammed that crap on another forum recently. He didn't last long there.

Yeah the E-foods "company reps" are total POS also. After emailing the parent (haha) company and telling them that having people spam survival forums with their crap was PI$$ POOR MARKETING I got no reply. BUT they did slam me onto their email marketing list!

God I miss the old days! Pre-internet people had to actually SPEND MONEY to reach the preparedness market. You just kinda knew that if someone ponied up $1,500. a month for an ad in American Survival Guide and had for years, they probably weren't gonna screw you for $20.00

I posted numerous times in the last couple years that people need to be CAREFUL ordering now. Just like all the newbies that didn't know better in 98 and 99 and ordered from so many of the Johnny Come Lately "y2Kbuckets" type companies and got screwed, many folks will be getting cheated by the recent crop of new companies.

If the company hasn't been around for a REAL period of time (i.e, ask about them, any clown with a website can make claims) of at least 5-6 years at this point is a risk, IMO. You have to be in the industry for a while to learn how to roll with it, expand when you need to expand, contract when you need to contract, etc. We cut back in mid 99 when a few were building "1 million sq. foot warehouses" only to have tumbleweeds blowing through them for years afterwards (actually they probably lost them to foreclosure..).

Just like being a survivalist, being in this industry requires FLEXIBILITY. Your NOT going to become a millionaire in this industry. It's hard work and takes a lot of dedication.

Of the companies mentioned in this thread Emergency Essentials would be the only one I'd do business (and have decades ago) with. :thumb:

#46 ·
I just wanted to add survival acres as posted by newwberry is a good site for finding hard to find items. My problem with them, is there prices are high on a lot of things. THere 1 year food supplies are missing key things like fats and oils. THey would be good for filling in gaps, but not for a one stop shop. IMHO.

#47 ·
On the things I've researched at their site, their prices have generally come in lower after factoring in shipping and all. Total cost is the key, not just sticker price. But I have only researched the types of things that I buy, so I don't know about other stuff like kits or freeze dried entrees.

All the kits are missing fats. That's one big knock against premade entrees. It's very hard to incorporate fats into them unless your making them yourself. Pouring oil over spaghetti and meat sauce or fettucine is just gross.

#55 ·
Here's the link to the Costo site.

http://www.costco.com/11,352-Total-Servings-The-Ultimate-Food-Storage-Pallet.product.100032481.html

11,352 Total Servings The Ultimate Food Storage Pallet. Was $3500 two weeks ago. Now $4000.00 Its freeze dried, not dehydrated. Nice 6 gallon buckets which are really durable. Almost $900 pounds of food, which includes a lot of meat, fruit and vegetables, which are more expensive than pasta and rice. I plan on using some of it for traveling vice buying airport food!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.